PDA

View Full Version : Layer Problems

Ẅŗåïţħ
Jul 25, 2005, 02:09 PM
I have this recurring problem on my system. When building a level on JCS, certain tilesets won't let me use layers besides 3,4, and 8. When I put blocks in the other layers, they show up in the parallax view, but when I play the level, they aren't there. What can I do? :confused:

Thx.

JelZe GoldRabbit
Jul 25, 2005, 02:15 PM
I have this recurring problem on my system. When building a level on JCS, certain tilesets won't let me use layers besides 3,4, and 8. When I put blocks in the other layers, they show up in the parallax view, but when I play the level, they aren't there. What can I do? :confused:

Thx.

Very simple: turn off Low Detail in Options -> Video -> Advanced. Low Detail removes layers 1, 2, and 5 to 7.

Edit: Another probable cause is that you've either set the tiles too low or too high, or didn't check the "Tile Width" and/or "Tile Height" boxes in the Layer Proporties. The Parallax view in the JCS isn't accurate when it comes to showing layers, especially with the default layer speeds. Look at some of the official levels for more plausible layer speeds and sizes.

- JelZe GoldRabbit =:3

Ẅŗåïţħ
Jul 26, 2005, 08:38 AM
Well, the detail level was at high, so I switched it to low then back to high again, and the layers are working properly.

One other question:
When you right click on the tiles in the tileset area, it brings up a menu, with Overlay and Type. Type has Normal, Translucent, and Caption. What is Caption?

Thanks again.

Fawriel
Jul 26, 2005, 08:42 AM
When playing the game in Window mode, tiles set as Caption will appear in the bar on top of the window.

Ẅŗåïţħ
Jul 26, 2005, 08:51 AM
Cool.
Kinda weird, though.

LittleFreak
Jul 26, 2005, 11:06 AM
Try putting in the right speed. It looks tricky, but looking at Mr. Cliff's levels (the official ones) you should find the right speeds for your levels.

JelZe GoldRabbit
Jul 26, 2005, 02:55 PM
The Parallax view in the JCS isn't accurate when it comes to showing layers, especially with the default layer speeds. Look at some of the official levels for more plausible layer speeds and sizes.

:rolleyes:

- JelZe GoldRabbit =:3

Violet CLM
Jul 26, 2005, 05:43 PM
When you right click on the tiles in the tileset area, it brings up a menu, with Overlay and Type. Type has Normal, Translucent, and Caption. What is Caption?
<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/wiki/?Caption">Consider doing some research before asking questions.</a>