PDA

View Full Version : Video Issues

Iam Canadian
Aug 6, 2005, 08:06 PM
I'm at my wit's end trying to figure this problem out, I may actually have to *gasp* ask for help.
Basically, my problem comes in whenever the monitor has to change the resolution for whatever reason: if I decide to change the resolution myself, if I want to run a game (pretty much any game) in fullscreen, basically any situation where the resolution changes. Sometimes (about 1/2 to 2/3 of the time) after changing the resolution for any of the above reasons, the screen will just...go black. The computer itself works perfectly: all functions actually work, I just have no image aside from the mouse cursor (which is in whichever resolution I changed the screen to). However, I often have to reboot anyway, since I can't see what I'm doing. I don't know exactly what's causing this problem, so I'm not entirely sure what info will be relevant. But any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated.
(And please keep in mind if you decide to respond that I'm anything but computer savvy; please try to keep it simple)

Torkell
Aug 7, 2005, 02:51 AM
Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers?

Iam Canadian
Aug 7, 2005, 11:41 AM
You know, I just knew it was going to be something that simple. Thanks for the help, it worked.

Torkell
Aug 7, 2005, 03:48 PM
*bows* Glad to be of service.