PDA

View Full Version : Which kind of Whammo Ammo do you consider useless?

cooba
Aug 24, 2005, 06:13 AM
Yay I'm original =D In case you're confused, Whammo Ammo is what is shot out of your gun when you use a shield, according to Epic.

Don't stab me for this topic plz D=

CrimiClown
Aug 24, 2005, 06:21 AM
*Stabs*

Anyway,

Fire Shield:Just for regular ownage. Low spread and reach, but immense damage.
Water Shield:Works well in a crowded area. *Bubble bubble*
Plasma Shield:Works well in any occasion. Higher reach and spread than Fire Shield, also great damage.
Laser Shield:No spread, EXTREME RANGE AND DAMAGE! Too bad the Shield doesn't work without cheats.
Trafton Shield:Will protect you with his full body... 8D OWNAGE!!!

LittleFreak
Aug 24, 2005, 06:50 AM
The laser shield ammo kills all the fun. ;l

That's why I consider it useless.

cooba
Aug 24, 2005, 06:52 AM
Yet Laser Shield SCE's find an use every now and then.

LittleFreak
Aug 24, 2005, 07:00 AM
True. Then, none is useless.

blurredd
Aug 24, 2005, 10:44 AM
If you want to bring in SCE's, then none of them are useless. Well, they all have their uses in various situations. All will wreak havoc in SP mode just because of how fast the unlimited ammo comes out of the shield. The Fire and Plasma Shield ammo can make for good eye candy when inside a crate that breaks, and the Laser Shield ammo has a variety of applications particularly in Treasure levels.

Considering the lack of limitations set forth by the topic name, I think most people would agree each type of ammo can be useful in at least one situation.

But with some rewording, another argument can be raised. I believe that the Fire Shield ammo is the least useful because not only does it give a general idea of where its source is for players below, but it only inflicts one heart damage. Combining that with a limited range, you're almost always better off using a different type of ammo than the default of the Fire Shield.

White Rabbit
Aug 24, 2005, 12:33 PM
And it doesn't help if it doesn't work underwater. ;(

But I didn't vote against it. It looks too cool in 16bit colour mode. :p

Tubz
Aug 24, 2005, 04:40 PM
I just voted for everything because you don't get ammo. After busting the shield tv, you pick up stopwatches to increase your shield time.

White Rabbit
Aug 25, 2005, 02:09 AM
What do you mean you don't get ammo? By get, do you mean pick up or receive?

LittleFreak
Aug 25, 2005, 02:16 AM
Fire shield ammo actually works under water as far as I'm concerned.

EvilMike
Aug 25, 2005, 02:51 AM
Fire shield ammo actually works under water as far as I'm concerned.

No.

Fawriel
Aug 25, 2005, 02:58 AM
Do the Whammo Ammos actually have.. "elemental" characteristics?
Like, would the fire-shield be able to destroy fire destruct scenery, the plasma shield to destroy Electro Blaster scenery and the Bubble Shield ammo to destroy bouncer scenery or something like that?

LittleFreak
Aug 25, 2005, 03:08 AM
No, I don't think. But you can melt frozen springs with the fire shield and laser isn't stopped by walls (like electro blaster).

cooba
Aug 25, 2005, 03:10 AM
Laser melts springs too :(

LittleFreak
Aug 25, 2005, 03:11 AM
=O

Didn't know.

Tubz
Aug 25, 2005, 07:42 PM
I meant pickup like 1-9 hotkey ammo.

Birdie
Aug 25, 2005, 07:54 PM