PDA

View Full Version : Can't play homecooked!

simmykrantz
Aug 24, 2005, 02:14 PM
When i press "Save and run" on JCS i can't run the level cause jazz2 opens but not the level, when i run Jazz2 it doesnt have a "Homecooked levels" option! what should i do?

Newspaz
Aug 24, 2005, 03:12 PM
Okay, here's what I suspect.

I just saw your thread in the JCS forum, asking for JCS. And I think I know what is going on here.

I think you have most likely illegaly downloaded the OEM version of the game from a well-known abandonware site and now are trying to run levels created with JCS on it. The level format used in the OEM version is not compatible with the level format used in the final version, which is why you can't use JCS. This is also why you had to download the official tilesets somewhere.

Does the version number in the main menu of JJ2 (left-bottom corner) say something like 1.00g?

simmykrantz
Aug 24, 2005, 03:16 PM
1. it is the full game (i think)
2. yep, it says..uh wait.."1.00g"

Edit: i bought this from a friend for 20 bucks so it must be the full

Newspaz
Aug 24, 2005, 03:17 PM
1. That version 1.00G is the OEM version.
2. If you bought it for 20$ you bought a rare (pre-release) version of Jazz2. Congratulations.

But it doesn't come with a level editor, or online/network play.

simmykrantz
Aug 24, 2005, 03:19 PM
1. That version 1.00G is the OEM version.
...i got...no words...must...strangle...friend...not...friend..a nymore...must...kill...everyone >.<

Newspaz
Aug 24, 2005, 03:20 PM
Ugh, I edited that post above me.
But you replied before I did.

Please understand he didn't actually rip you of. He just sold you what HE thought was the real version.

simmykrantz
Aug 24, 2005, 03:21 PM
Ugh, I edited that post above me.
But you replied before I did so, so he didn't actually rip you of.
He just sold you what HE thought was the real version.
oh...okay...*Sigh* i live in sweden and we dont have jazz here..maybe ill buy from teh web i dunno..

Newspaz
Aug 24, 2005, 03:22 PM
This guy is so quick. This is the second time he quoted me before I actually was done editing.

Or perhaps I should just get my posts right in one try ;)

simmykrantz
Aug 24, 2005, 03:24 PM
Hehe..just..uhh.luck? O.o

Newspaz
Aug 24, 2005, 03:26 PM
By the way here's a place where you can buy Jazz2 from online.
http://www.chipsbits.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=JAZZJ2%2EIR&eq=&Tp=

Credit card required though, but it's a lot cheaper than the price your friend asked ;)

simmykrantz
Aug 24, 2005, 03:27 PM
By the way here's a place where you can buy Jazz2 from online.
http://www.chipsbits.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=JAZZJ2%2EIR&eq=&Tp=

Credit card required though, but it's a lot cheaper than the price your friend asked ;)

thank you

Tubz
Aug 24, 2005, 04:37 PM
How can you buy a beta version of a game? Did that come with the box and manual. And btw, you were ripped off. I paid $25 for this game, 7 years ago. By now its worth about $10 or less.

Man....back and fourth, back and fourth, back and fourth, time to break da chain. That's like the longest back and fourth conversation ever on JCF.

simmykrantz
Aug 24, 2005, 05:48 PM
I didn't get any manual or box just an plastic hollow cd folder with Jazz 2 demo in it..that s*cks..and i don't know how he got it but i got it from a friend.

Tubz
Aug 24, 2005, 06:19 PM
Try to get your $$$ back...

LittleFreak
Aug 25, 2005, 02:40 AM
I didn't get any manual or box just an plastic hollow cd folder with Jazz 2 demo in it..that s*cks..and i don't know how he got it but i got it from a friend.

How where you able to actually post this (http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=3198) level if you only have the OEM version?

cooba
Aug 25, 2005, 02:41 AM
How where you able to actually post this (http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=3198) level if you only have the OEM version?Well he made it with his 1.2# when he had it :7

LittleFreak
Aug 25, 2005, 02:44 AM
Oh. =o

OK, that's possible. =P

Newspaz
Aug 25, 2005, 04:16 AM
How can you buy a beta version of a game? Did that come with the box and manual. And btw, you were ripped off. I paid $25 for this game, 7 years ago. By now its worth about $10 or less.

Man....back and fourth, back and fourth, back and fourth, time to break da chain. That's like the longest back and fourth conversation ever on JCF.
Actually, Tubz it's not a beta. Real OEM CDs were fabricated. They were sold with Microsoft hardware AFAIK. I had one laying around the other day.

My guess is that his friend sold him Jazz2, but didn't know his CD was an OEM version.

Tubz
Aug 25, 2005, 07:41 PM
So can you scan the artwork or something of the cd case and manual PLEASE?

LittleFreak
Aug 26, 2005, 08:16 AM
So can you scan the artwork or something of the cd case and manual PLEASE?

<asdfasdf>

CrimiClown
Aug 26, 2005, 09:14 AM
++ LittleFreak!

LittleFreak
Aug 26, 2005, 09:18 AM
Huh. I'm getting ++ed for no reason?

Well, ok. Thanks. =P

++Crimi.

CrimiClown
Aug 26, 2005, 09:23 AM
I don't even know for sure what ++ means, I thought it meant something like 'Good job' or something. :p

LittleFreak
Aug 26, 2005, 09:40 AM
++ is a trend that swapped over from #jj2, the official Jazz Jackrabbit channel on IRC.

If you say ++LittleFreak on that channel, I get a vote. If you say --LittleFreak my "score" decreases.

CrimiClown
Aug 26, 2005, 09:41 AM
Err :confused:

+++++++++++++++++++++LittleFreak. :p

LittleFreak
Aug 26, 2005, 09:42 AM
^^;

You're fast. =P

CrimiClown
Aug 26, 2005, 09:46 AM
Fast in replying? Yes. I am online, you know? I take at least an hour per day to reply and post only. Got MSN on during that hour, if you wish to continue this conversation.

LittleFreak
Aug 26, 2005, 09:53 AM
Don't have MSN. D=

CrimiClown
Aug 26, 2005, 09:55 AM
:eek:

Err... Ok.