PDA

View Full Version : 'NPC' interaction

n00b
Sep 8, 2005, 01:29 PM
Once again I have found something within JJ2 which is probrally only new to a select few. Anyways, I decided to see how I could interact with the objects in the JCS, and for some reason I chose Eva. You might have noticed shooting Eva is pointless and has no effect.
Unless you use the electroblaster.
If you fire multiple rounds of the electroblaster at Eva(best done when ducking, so you can see the effect) she gets surprised.
This has no real useful effects except for in cutscenes. You'd have to add some of her sprite into the tileset and put on a foreground layer to cover up the electroblaster shot however(Remember, only her face changes.)
EDIT- It just takes two electroblaster shots, the second one fired promptly after the first. As in tap the fire button twice

Blackraptor
Sep 8, 2005, 01:40 PM
I dont think too many people would notice such a subtle reaction if you even got the cutscene to work, but interesting idea anyways.

n00b
Sep 8, 2005, 02:18 PM
More than likely more useless than the Eva interaction, if you shoot Chesire1 with ice, he will disappear.
EDIT- Actually, I just thought up of an interesting puzzle right after I posted this.

Violet CLM
Sep 8, 2005, 10:15 PM
...that is awesomely pointless. Nice find.

LittleFreak
Sep 9, 2005, 12:55 AM
Haha, nice. Too bad I can't check it out right now. =l

DoubleGJ
Sep 9, 2005, 08:25 AM
...that is awesomely pointless. Nice find.
Totally agreed.

LittleFreak
Sep 9, 2005, 09:56 AM
Is that some sort of joke? Because it doesn't work for me.

Or do I have to use 1.20?

Stijn
Sep 9, 2005, 10:03 AM
It doesn't work for me either :(

CrimiClown
Sep 9, 2005, 10:22 AM
It works for me, only the animation in ONLY blinking her eyes... Watch close, and use loads of 'jjfire' :p

n00b
Sep 9, 2005, 10:43 AM
I just used JJammo and quickly tapped the space bar.

CrimiClown
Sep 9, 2005, 10:46 AM
Also possible. ;)

Radium
Sep 9, 2005, 11:40 AM
I played around with it a bit. More fun facts: the Electro Blaster can't be powered up or it won't work, and (as far as I can tell) it won't work after Eva changes you back from a frog.

LittleFreak
Sep 9, 2005, 12:01 PM
I was playing a bad levelpack were Eva was standing around for no reason, and I'm sure my electro blaster wasn't powered up.

Pako
Oct 30, 2005, 03:45 AM
whew, this doesnt work! and what more things you can interact with apart from eva earlong?

n00b
Oct 30, 2005, 07:36 AM
It does in fact work Pako. The fact that people were able to recreate what I made prove that it does.

Radium
Oct 30, 2005, 08:06 AM
http://www.foxmage.com/Evalikesthat.gif

White Rabbit
Oct 30, 2005, 08:12 AM
Notice that everything you fire is generated at the LFG's back, near your hands, and not the gun's nuzzle. :)

Radium
Oct 30, 2005, 08:35 AM
Notice that everything you fire is generated at the LFG's back, near your hands, and not the gun's nuzzle. :)That's because it actually fires out the back of the gun and Jazz uses his MIND POWERS to reverse it and launch it forward at his enemies.