PDA

View Full Version : Return to the art forum!

Wildie
Sep 21, 2005, 08:58 AM
Since I haven't been here in 10 centuries, I figured I'd ask the art forumers if they want me to post my crap here again.

I don't do furry art or Jazz art or anime, btw. for people who can't remember what I do. I paint portraits of people. My work has been in galleries in Houston and is going to a massive national convention at the end of the year.

So do you? Huh!? Huh!??

`Wildie

Fawriel
Sep 21, 2005, 09:02 AM
Since I haven't been here in 10 centuries, I figured I'd ask the art forumers if they want me to post my <u>crap</u> here again.

I don't do furry art or Jazz art or anime, btw. for people who can't remember what I do. I paint portraits of people. <u>My work has been in galleries in Houston and is going to a massive national convention at the end of the year.</u>

So do you? Huh!? Huh!??

`Wildie
*head explodes*

*that's a YES (-)*

LittleFreak
Sep 21, 2005, 10:11 AM
Go for it! :)

White Rabbit
Sep 21, 2005, 11:49 AM
Galleries in Houston? You make it sound like the Metropolitan Museum. I'm curious. Please show.

I'll give you <s>money</s>time...

Batty Buddy
Sep 21, 2005, 03:12 PM
Que Passa!!!!

#$@# yeah. Your stuff blows me away... With 3 Kilotons of TNT.

Radium
Sep 21, 2005, 03:16 PM
YES. We need more awesome people here. If you came back then there'd be two.

Coppertop
Sep 21, 2005, 03:38 PM
Wildieee! How could you ask that when you already know the answer?

Monolith
Sep 21, 2005, 05:44 PM
Yes!

Actually I try to see your work elsewhere, but you don't seem to post much elsewhere. ;|

Wildie
Sep 21, 2005, 07:06 PM
Since I'll be gone:

http://ailidh.deviantart.com/

Have fun. That's just a smidge of it. Most of the traditional and digital pieces are there, but LOTS of photography is missing.

`Wildie

Doubble Dutch
Sep 22, 2005, 02:07 AM
Nice. And you call it crap? Where'd you put the good stuff? The Cistene Chapel Ceiling?

Fawriel
Sep 22, 2005, 02:23 AM
YES. We need more awesome people here. If you came back then there'd be two.
SDFAFGASDDSFAFAFSDAaadasds THREE >O *glares at incomplete drawing*

DoubleGJ
Sep 22, 2005, 07:09 AM
*acts like Faw*

Batty Buddy
Sep 23, 2005, 11:32 AM
Que Passa!!!!

(Acts like Faw, only with few finished unphotoshopped pictures and a blank comic setup.)

MSB3000
Sep 23, 2005, 01:19 PM
*Thumbs-up*

11/10

White Rabbit
Sep 24, 2005, 03:17 AM
They're ok. The sunset bridge is my favourite.

Stijn
Sep 24, 2005, 03:26 AM
That's the understatement of the year, WR :P

White Rabbit
Sep 24, 2005, 03:55 AM
Not. >O I just hope I'm not making anyone disappointed or confused with what I said, because I meant it.

Fawriel
Sep 24, 2005, 04:14 AM
Something makes me think that WR doesn't realize that not all of those are photos...

White Rabbit
Sep 24, 2005, 04:52 AM
There's a big black and white picture of a man wearing a striped shirt, which is clearly not a photograph. It's the featured deviation. How can I avoid it?

Radium
Sep 24, 2005, 07:14 PM
Something makes me think that WR doesn't realize that not all of those are photos...No, he's simply choosing his favorite based on which he thinks looks prettiest rather than which took the most work or skill. I don't care if she took twelve years of formal art training and draws in her own blood, that's still a really pretty photograph.

Wildie
Sep 26, 2005, 08:03 AM
I've been drawing since I was 3, I've taken 2 years of formal training, and with a bit of guidance, I've self-taught myself in the methods of how to draw what I draw. As a kid I went to state competition a few times (as in when i was in grade school). I spent 1 year learning the basics of painting, taking classes, then dropped out when parents split. Now I've been in galleries across Houston, and my work is being presented in a Dallas national convention. I took 1 more year of traditional painting, studying some of the "masters", though I hate canvas painting with a passion. I've taught a few people how to paint and draw in my style, too. Currently working on a small tutorial for it. Sigh.

And by the way, that simplistic picture of the guy in the white pinstripe shirt I spent 13 hours on straight (as in, I pulled an all-nighter working on it). 1 hour on the face, 12 on the shirt. It's not a photo.

`Wildie

White Rabbit
Sep 26, 2005, 08:26 AM
Well, it does not look simplistic, I know you spent a long time on it (I read the description) and I already stated I knew that it wasn't a photograph. Just how much explanation do you ppl think I need? :(

Wildie
Sep 26, 2005, 08:34 AM
lol, was just saying for everyone here, hun. //hugs// I recognize alot of folks but then and again, I haven't been here in agess.

`Wildie

MoonBlazE
Sep 26, 2005, 09:50 AM
This art is so good that it is near photo realistic. That is a big thing. If you don't like it, fine go away. It's still super impressive that people are capable of putting so much effort into a single piece of artwork that it looks as if it was reality itself.

I could scribble a paint all over with different colored doodles to make a fusion of colors. Some people would see it as random doodles, others a fusion of color. It's those people that put an effort into giving you feedback that are worth listening to.

Now I know you didn't mean to go there WR, but I've seen ppl go on about this on Wildie / It's not really fun hearing "It's just a photo" on something you spent ages on drawing. I'm honored to know Wildie as a person and even being on the same forum as her, because one day she is gonna become a famous artist, I'm most certain. ;)

Btw Wildie I'm adding you on a watch as Murkshadow. Will probably take some time to comment on some of your stuff, although it'll probably be drowned in fan comments pretty quickly. ;-P

White Rabbit
Sep 26, 2005, 02:18 PM
:| Lol? I could say I was really impressed by her background as an artist, and it would be true, but I just didn't write anything because I really do wonder how I'm supposed to *add* something useful. Does she need it from me?

But praise is all good and fun, and I'll be ready with statements about her when interviewed by her biographer.

Wildie
Sep 26, 2005, 02:20 PM
Aww, thank you, Moon. That's probably, honestly, one of the sweetest and most thoughtful things anyone's ever said to me.

And by the way, I barely get any attention on DA. I read all the comments I get. :)

`Wildie