PDA

View Full Version : The Rebirth of Evil has been released

EvilMike
Oct 17, 2005, 07:43 PM
This level pack is the sequel to the Invasion of Deserto, which I released about 6 months ago. It's a bit shorter, but the overall quality of the levels is higher. It can be found here http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=3855.

If you liked the first episode, you should like this one as well. Feel free to post any comments here, and if you can, write a review. I appreciate reviews more than anything, so if you would like to show support for the work I put into this, please write one.

If you have any questions, or are stuck in a level and can't figure out what to do, ask here and I'll give you a hint. The levels aren't completely linear, so sometimes they can be a bit tricky to beat, not to mention the puzzles.

Oh, and make sure you read the description. It contains a lot of very important information.

Fawriel
Oct 17, 2005, 09:10 PM
Ah.. excellent. I'll play it as soon as I have the time.
I suppose this will not be easier than Invasion of Deserto ( which I still have to complete due to dying a couple thousand times at that place with the disappearing platforms and the spikes at the bottom although I did pretty well during the rest of the level.. )?

EvilMike
Oct 18, 2005, 12:30 AM
Ah.. excellent. I'll play it as soon as I have the time.
I suppose this will not be easier than Invasion of Deserto ( which I still have to complete due to dying a couple thousand times at that place with the disappearing platforms and the spikes at the bottom although I did pretty well during the rest of the level.. )?

It's pretty difficult. There aren't as many evil jumping puzzles this time around, but a bit more thinking will be needed to beat some of the levels in this pack. Your best source of carrots in some levels will be secret areas, so be good at finding those too.

White Rabbit
Oct 18, 2005, 02:04 AM
I vow to finish playing this by Sunday evening.

LittleFreak
Oct 18, 2005, 02:31 AM
Darn. And I still can't play JJ2. ;(

Super_Jarno
Oct 18, 2005, 06:49 AM
Darn. And I still can't play JJ2. ;(
haha :lol:
haha:lol:
hey i quoted myself
hey i quoted myself
Again
Again
HEY THIS ISNT FUN ANY MORE!
ah u trapped me!

DoubleGJ
Oct 18, 2005, 08:00 AM
It's so cool I forgot to go to school but at least finished it. \o/ Gotta get the second ending now before I'll write a review... and I'm surely going to do it.

snzspeed
Oct 18, 2005, 08:12 AM
finished with both endings. nice work :)

Fawriel
Oct 18, 2005, 08:16 AM
The dark side of the JJ2 has you, DGJ! Go back! Go BACK!

Oh, and I've just finished playing the first episode <s>and I never had to cheat</s>. Don't know whether I'll start with the second episode today. Anyway... *goes review the first*

LittleFreak
Oct 18, 2005, 09:21 AM
Examples of unfair places are the room with the animated disappearing blocks and the spikes underneath in the Temple, which is extremely hard to beat with Spaz

True. d=

I remember how frustrated I was when I finally got up and then couldn't get up the hole.

cooba
Oct 18, 2005, 09:27 AM
I don’t know what was up with Bilsy and the green place, but oh well. I hope it will be explained in a later episode.If I remember correctly, the main character was warped in the SPACE ISLANDS-like level because the person controlling the teleporter (Bilsy) set up a trap for the character, hoping that he'd die in the trap. However, the person died, and so the main char was teleported in the Castle level (where the artifact used to be).

Also if I were Faw, I'd rewrite the Story section. Right now it's more about his suspections about episode 2's plot twists <!----which match up with faw's expectations anyway> rather than episode 1's plot.

Fawriel
Oct 18, 2005, 09:34 AM
Eh. I see no need to. The only concrete suspection I had was the revival of Devan. Not much can be said about the story in that pack because there's not much story there yet, other than "turtles attack, some rabbit fights them and finds out that they are up to something", in a nutshell, so I commented on the atmosphere the story creates. Mrr.

EvilMike
Oct 18, 2005, 01:51 PM
Heh. Those areas are so hard with spaz because I wanted to balance the difficulty a bit. Jazz has an easier time in the jumping puzzles, but spaz has an easier time in all of the other parts of the pack, pretty much. Maybe I did go a bit overboard on some parts of episode 1 though.

Eh. I see no need to. The only concrete suspection I had was the revival of Devan. Not much can be said about the story in that pack because there's not much story there yet, other than "turtles attack, some rabbit fights them and finds out that they are up to something", in a nutshell, so I commented on the atmosphere the story creates. Mrr.
Yeah, the story in the first episode is pretty basic. Like cooba said, the wierd green area is just some alternate dimension the bilsy dude takes you to because he "intercepted" your warp. Once you kill him, you continue on to proper destination of the warp, the castle. The level is basically just filler, to break up the monotony of the orange and brown colour scheme of the rest of the levels.

The story does pick up a bit in episode 2 though, and especially episode 3 (which I am still planning), since the setting will allow me to have MUCH more communication between the various characters.

MoonBlazE
Oct 19, 2005, 01:01 AM
I'm good into the pack by now, playing on medium difficulty. Awesome so far. :)

EvilMike
Oct 19, 2005, 02:21 AM
Someone needs to give me a rating! Anything, just to make it so my poor pack doesn't go down the list unnoticed :((((

LittleFreak
Oct 19, 2005, 03:45 AM
After everyone loved the first episode, I don't think it will just slip through the new downloads list unnoticed. d=

White Rabbit
Oct 19, 2005, 04:01 AM
Mike is over reacting.
I amend my vow:

'I vow to finish playing this, on hard, by Sunday evening.'

Anyway, I know 'Return of Evil' will be slightly different from 'Invasion of Deserto', but 'Invasion of Deserto' had some really slow levels (I played them like I play JJ1 :p ), which is not the kind of gameplay I prefer.

...DoubleGJ... :lol:

EDIT: I will edit the 14th lvl of 'Invasion of Deserto' to link directly to devres15.j2l, without Mike's permission. :(

DoubleGJ
Oct 19, 2005, 07:12 AM
Then you will break the sequence >O

White Rabbit
Oct 19, 2005, 07:59 AM
... :( Well, basically, edit the last lvl of IoD to go link up with the first lvl of RoE.

DoubleGJ
Oct 19, 2005, 08:33 AM
That's what I'm talking about, if you do so you'll have RFs from the start of Eastern Wastelands and thus will be able to skip almost the whole level...

White Rabbit
Oct 19, 2005, 08:39 AM
But I earnt those RFs. ;P

DoubleGJ
Oct 19, 2005, 09:10 AM
But playing starting from IoD means playing all over, doesn't it?

Super_Jarno
Oct 19, 2005, 09:45 AM
:god: I know its released AND I KNOW ITS COOOOL :god:

CrimiClown
Oct 19, 2005, 11:21 AM
Whoah... I played it... <s>I mean JJNXT-ed the levels</s>...

I will try not to cheat... Darn! IT'S HARD! :O

*Plays on EASY!* :)

Xobim
Oct 19, 2005, 11:41 AM
Why are the tilesets included in the huge music ZIP? Now I gotta download an enormous zip for just a few tilsets! That's unfair! :(

White Rabbit
Oct 19, 2005, 11:48 AM
Tilesets AND music, music which can be very important indeed for setting a lvl's mood. :p

DoubleGJ
Oct 19, 2005, 11:49 AM
Don't complain, I think only one of these tunes has been used in a JJ2 level before and they all build the clima well...

Sacrush
Oct 19, 2005, 11:50 AM
I love this evilmike, its really great.

CrimiClown
Oct 19, 2005, 12:14 PM
Just for fun, try to shoot bouncers when you're at the end of a 'spaceship'-cutscene. :p

n00b
Oct 19, 2005, 01:00 PM
Would reviewing IoD, if one hasn't already, also contribute to increasing your motivation for making a sequel?

WaterRabbit
Oct 19, 2005, 01:45 PM
What is the name of the series? Or is it just called "Invasion of Deserto"?

Also, do you have an estimated time of when episode 3 will come out?

EvilMike
Oct 19, 2005, 03:55 PM
Mike is over reacting.
I amend my vow:

'I vow to finish playing this, on hard, by Sunday evening.'

Anyway, I know 'Return of Evil' will be slightly different from 'Invasion of Deserto', but 'Invasion of Deserto' had some really slow levels (I played them like I play JJ1 :p ), which is not the kind of gameplay I prefer.

...DoubleGJ... :lol:

EDIT: I will edit the 14th lvl of 'Invasion of Deserto' to link directly to devres15.j2l, without Mike's permission. :(
<b><font size=+6>DO NOT DO THIS.</b></font>

The gameplay is completely dependant on you starting with no ammo! I would have done this myself othewise. Other levels are also dependant on you not having a certain ammo type. Believe me when I say you might as well just jjgod through the whole pack, what you are doing is cheating.

EvilMike
Oct 19, 2005, 03:57 PM
Would reviewing IoD, if one hasn't already, also contribute to increasing your motivation for making a sequel?
Yes.

Xobim
Oct 20, 2005, 08:49 AM
I've finished the episode with both endings, and I'm totally <s>stoned</s> stunned!
That's truly high quality, keep up the good work!

Because there are two different endings, will the third episode start with two different levels?

CrimiClown
Oct 20, 2005, 09:28 AM
Interesting thought, Jazzmusic! :D

Xobim
Oct 20, 2005, 11:25 AM
It can cause some problems if Evilmike wants to make just one storyline.
But this idea can end up in some sort of RPG where you can alter the story at your own choice. :)

EvilMike
Oct 20, 2005, 03:54 PM
Only one of the endings will be used. Specficially, the one that actually leaves things open for a sequel. The other ending doesn't leave room for a sequel.

White Rabbit
Oct 21, 2005, 12:04 AM
That reminds me of Half-Life. :|

CrimiClown
Oct 21, 2005, 03:28 AM
Why half-life? :confused:

Super_Jarno
Oct 21, 2005, 08:10 AM
eehh... what about full-life :p

CrimiClown
Oct 21, 2005, 08:54 AM
... Wow... That's one of the most useless posts I've ever seen... No offense, Jarno... :(

PAGECLAIM FOR CRIMI :+

Fawriel
Oct 21, 2005, 09:27 AM
<s>Is the Life half-full or half-empty?</s>

I'll be good. *ducks*

cooba
Oct 22, 2005, 07:53 AM
Don't complain, I think only one of these tunes has been used in a JJ2 level before and they all build the clima well...Three.

Superjazz
Dec 14, 2005, 04:57 AM
Review added. So sorry I decreased the average rating by 0.1. ;(

NovaStar
Dec 15, 2005, 02:12 PM
A note that I can't download the tilesets and music for RoE, and both episodes are too hard for me anyway.