PDA

View Full Version : My new episode thing

ThunderPX
Oct 20, 2005, 03:01 AM
Well, I've created a few levels for my new episode thing, but I have no idea for a plot or title. So if anyone wants to give me a plot idea to work from, post it here. But if you're bored enough to give me an entire plot with "t3h spoilurzzz!!1" then PM it. =P

Fawriel
Oct 20, 2005, 03:11 AM
You're pretty late for that. ;/
It would help if you told us what the levels are like, and especially, where they play ( or rather, in what tilesets ).

ThunderPX
Oct 20, 2005, 03:20 AM
Well, the stuff that I've created so far:

- A level with the Windstorm Fortress tileset. Water rises as you progress. Bilsy is the boss, although I'll probably change this later.
- The infamous Bubba pit level, where you fight on a number of collapsing platforms. Uses the Pezrock tileset, but I'll probably change this later.
- An idea for a skyscraper level, but I haven't started to make this yet.
- An enemy-infested swamp level. Three guesses what tileset this uses.

And that's about it for what I've made so far, because I'm not going to spoil the secrets. ;(

EDIT: If I have enough time, I'll also make alternate level-paths for Jazz and Spaz.

LittleFreak
Oct 20, 2005, 03:48 AM
Name: My new episode thing.

Perfect. d=

Plot: If I had an idea for a plot, I would already be creating my own levelpack with it. Sadly, I have none. =l

Good luck on it.

ThunderPX
Oct 20, 2005, 03:50 AM
Well, I'd create a title but due to the same writer's block that's preventing me from making a plot, I can't think of one. =P If nobody wants to create a story, I'll just make a crappy "ohnoes devan is back" story.

And you don't want that... do you?

LittleFreak
Oct 20, 2005, 03:51 AM
What I meant is you should name your pack "My new episode thing". d=

I mean, why not?

As for a plot, really, think off something yourself. d=

ThunderPX
Oct 20, 2005, 03:52 AM
Okies. *goes to edit sig*

LittleFreak
Oct 20, 2005, 04:09 AM
Stuff it'll have:
- Lots of levels.

Better go for fewer levels and make each one high quality, if I may give you that advise. d=

ThunderPX
Oct 20, 2005, 04:09 AM
Yeah, well, I haven't decided on the number of levels exactly yet. :P But it'll have lots if you count Jazz's and Spaz's versions seperately.

CrimiClown
Oct 20, 2005, 04:27 AM
May I suggest thinking of a story BEFORE creating levels?

As for a story, do something SICKENING!

Like, my story. Well, you know it. Spaz got phonecalls from 'Devan' *cough cough* and all of a sudden, Jazz gets 'evil' *cough cough* and then you have to unravel the mystery. I hope the 'coughs' didn't gave away TOO much info... ;)

ThunderPX
Oct 20, 2005, 04:28 AM
Yes, but I have no idea how I'd make a Jazz boss or a Spaz boss.
Or play as Devan or one of those cool feats.

LittleFreak
Oct 20, 2005, 04:59 AM
I prefer stories where you don't know anything at the start. I remember that RPG I played, I just couldn't let it go, until I finally knew what caused all the evil.

ThunderPX
Oct 20, 2005, 05:17 AM
Well, I think the story I made up is pretty cool.

CrimiClown
Oct 20, 2005, 08:40 AM
Can you tell us a bit? :)

ThunderPX
Oct 20, 2005, 08:41 AM
I can't say without either
a) making it sound really corny, or
b) revealing too much.
So you'll just have to wait. =)