PDA

View Full Version : JCS 94 Recontinued?

Feline
Oct 20, 2005, 03:23 AM
Oddly, I've gained a small spark of interest in working on JCS94 yet again, but I'm unsure of how best to go about making updates. I need to know

1) What bugs did you encounter that need fixing?
2) What functionality would you like added? Be specific.
3) How the animations are referenced. For this I need to know the layout of the animation files.
4) Where I can get an old version of Axe hexeditor.

Hope this resparks interest in the project.

Cheers,

Feline

To Newspaz: I need access to Ice's server and old J1CS sourcefiles. Contact me ASAP.

Newspaz
Oct 20, 2005, 01:59 PM
My idea is to turn it into a real level "editor" and not a level creator.

That way things would become a lot easier for the users and they wouldn't have to put up with all kinds of complicated things like injection and extraction. And most importantly, we could actually name events.

Feline
Oct 20, 2005, 02:14 PM
Apparently there's also issues about being able to start up multiple copies of the program.

EvilMike
Oct 20, 2005, 03:52 PM
My main issue is the user interface. It could really use a lot of work, due to the extraction/injection stuff and events like newspaz mentioned. It was also very cumbersome only being able to select and place one tile at a time.

Being able to select multiple tiles at a time like in JCS might be a bit too complicated, but a feature where you could place multiple tiles at a time would probably be easier to implement. By this I mean you could do something like click and drag, creating a solid box of whatever tile you have selected. This would make it so much easier to place ground, walls, and so on.

Feline
Oct 21, 2005, 02:43 AM
I agree with Newspaz -- making levels from scratch is not only complicated, but cumbersome. Levelnames need to correspond to the tileset they use and injecting stuff and making masks from scratch is just outrageous. Albeit we've shown that level making is actually possible, in practicality it's not necessary. I could just make a button that clears the level leaving all events and other injectable stuff saved. Like, when starting a new level, you choose an old existing level to overwrite...

Just ideas.

I need more input, because my enthusiasm wanes if I'm not given ideas.

[Edit]

Came up with some more ideas...

1) Show event names on screen - Done
2) Add a more simplistic "New Level" option that uses existing levels to create new ones - Done
3) Seperate the tileset and main window into two windows
4) Fix up music and sounds so they play properly - Done
5) Choosing events and editing events should be two seperate functions - Done
6) Making events should be made simple with named animations and allowing special slots to easily recognize your own custom event.

Newspaz
Oct 23, 2005, 01:04 PM
I would like to add that if anyone wants this new simple version of JCS94, at least let us know in this topic. Feline isn't really interested in making something no one will ever use once again ;)

And keep the ideas coming!

n00b
Oct 23, 2005, 01:09 PM
I would like it.

ThaSpaz
Oct 23, 2005, 01:15 PM
so would i!

Feline
Oct 23, 2005, 02:16 PM
Hey, encouragment is nice, but tell me what you didn't like about the last one that you want to see fixed in the new one that will actually allow people to use the program?

Feline
Oct 24, 2005, 01:04 AM
Tell me, would any of you like to know all the animations or each level in jj1 in JCS94? We're currently working on each event for each level...

http://img4.picsplace.to/img4/10/untitled_042.jpg

cooba
Oct 24, 2005, 06:28 AM
Tell me, would any of you like to know all the animations of each level in jj1 in JCS94?That would be extremely helpful if you ask me.

So yes.

White Rabbit
Nov 11, 2005, 08:16 AM
After almost 1 month of planning and hard work, it's finally been finished: JCS94 v1.10. I don't know when exactly it will be uploaded, but it is quite soon. There are only some really minor things to be added, but perhaps the upload will go ahead without them.

For more information, and to look at all the improvements, visit http://feline.standigitaal.nl/JCS94/Site/ (under construction, as always :p).

Feline
Nov 13, 2005, 01:53 PM
A new version of JCS 94' can be downloaded. Click on my link below in my sig.

BossJazz
Nov 13, 2005, 05:15 PM
Unused Medivo bonus level
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/UnusedMedivo.jpg

Hidden Palace Zone!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/HiddenPalaceZone.jpg

Found a couple of problems, though.

1. Once I had edited a level and loaded in another level, I could not edit the first level again(access violation)

2. LEVEL1.000 got corrupted somehow(seems to be related to previous issue)

Violet CLM
Nov 13, 2005, 05:29 PM
The Medivo level has been around for ages, but hey, that "Megairbase" is working now? Awesome.
(Yes, I know what it is, so don't bother correcting me.)

BossJazz
Nov 13, 2005, 05:39 PM
If you can call it working.

cooba
Nov 14, 2005, 05:38 AM
If you can call it working.Replace the Megairbase with Diamondus BLOCKS.### file ;).

Doubble Dutch
Nov 14, 2005, 03:12 PM
Ever notice that the boss levels seem to contain pieces of the tubelectric levels?

Violet CLM
Nov 14, 2005, 03:50 PM
Yes. Long time ago.