PDA

View Full Version : My little piece of feedback and constructive criticism!

Michael
Nov 26, 2005, 10:35 AM
I think polls should be under the first post in the topic they are made in. often people write the (sometimes long) question in the post, and in the poll question they write "well?", people tend to vote first since it's above the thread, and only then start reading, this has happened before. So why not swap them over.
If you read this first then vote the first option in the poll above.

White Rabbit
Nov 26, 2005, 10:52 AM
..if enough people vote for no, then your suggestion will not be taken. :p

FQuist
Nov 26, 2005, 02:54 PM
This sounds like an intruiging suggestion, at the least. It might be hard to make it happen though using templates, if we'd want it.

Link
Nov 26, 2005, 03:15 PM
What about putting it <i>within</i> the first post, at the bottom? After looking at the templates, I think that would be easier than having it between the first and second posts.

Michael
Nov 26, 2005, 05:41 PM
i have no idea what you are talking about but get the idea you misunderstand me, this is what i mean:
(First post in the topic)
-poll-
(reply)
(reply)
(reply)
(reply)

Violet CLM
Nov 26, 2005, 06:23 PM
That's what they're talking about.

Link
Nov 26, 2005, 06:31 PM
That's what I thought you meant, Michael. It would be difficult to do though without modifying the PHP scripts themselves. I suggested putting it within the first post, like:

(First post
----Poll---- )
(Second post)
(Third post)
(...)

I think this would be easier, and could probably be accomplished by only modifying the templates (as opposed to changing the PHP code).

Grytolle
Nov 27, 2005, 06:57 AM
I don't think Michael cares. ;P

LittleFreak
Dec 4, 2005, 02:18 AM
Agreed... because I voted the second option. :roll: