PDA

View Full Version : Jazz RPG

:):0
Nov 28, 2005, 12:16 PM
So let's make one or two. I think we should probobly just make one first though.

Nov 28, 2005, 12:25 PM
Hhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/BuckshotBill/jazz_walk.gif ere's some stuff I started to make. walk animation

and...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/BuckshotBill/jazz_head.jpg

a big Jazz head ,check out the right ear(3dish)
maybe use it for a title screen or something.

Risp_old
Nov 28, 2005, 12:26 PM
You are better at walk cycles then I am D=

Nov 28, 2005, 12:31 PM
You are better at walk cycles then I am D=
the stupid ears is what took so long I coudn't get them to bounce right.

Nov 28, 2005, 12:33 PM
can anyone program or make sprites?

Violet CLM
Nov 28, 2005, 12:46 PM
Hmm... are you familiar with the JJ1 Beta sprites? Your walk animation kind of resembles them.

Nov 28, 2005, 12:49 PM
Concept art
The shoot stance is a bit wierd. Side scroller RPG or not.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/BuckshotBill/stand.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/BuckshotBill/shoot.jpg

Nov 28, 2005, 12:57 PM
Hmm... are you familiar with the JJ1 Beta sprites? Your walk animation kind of resembles them.
never saw them but I did try to make It look more like JJ1 like making his gun bigger than JJ2
It was going to be a Paper Jazz (Paper Mario) but I coudn't make it look like it was made of paper.

Nov 28, 2005, 01:58 PM
Nobody is interested in doing this are they?
I gues it's been tryed.

Risp_old
Nov 28, 2005, 02:06 PM
It would help if we knew what you need. Do you need programmers? People to provide sound? Storyboards? What will the game be like? Will it be a platformer? Will it be 3D? Will it be network-compatible? All these things require skills to implement, and if nobody knows what you need to make the RPG then nobody will know if they have the right skills to work on it.

Nov 28, 2005, 02:22 PM
I didn't want this to be my game, I wanted it to be everyone's, everyone contributing Ideas on how it should be . I can do sprites but I can't do all of them , there's just too many and we'll
need people who can program. As far as the story goes, it's up in the air.

Risp_old
Nov 28, 2005, 02:42 PM
Sooo... you come in here, show people a sprite, and say 'make a Jazz RPG with this'? You can't start a community-run project just by telling people to. People need to be motivated to do something so massive as this.

Eh, I'm too busy with my own projects anyway.

Fawriel
Nov 28, 2005, 09:07 PM
Motivation is unfortunately a great issue around here... those sketches are awesome, but most people here are very busy already..

Black Ninja
Nov 28, 2005, 09:17 PM
What you have so far looks awesome. I'd be willing to write a script/plot for an RPG (writing's all I'm good at ;p).

Sonyk
Nov 29, 2005, 02:45 AM
I think a Paper Jazz would be possible, if you do it like the first one (where the sprites didn't look like paper).

I'm interested, but all I can really do is story based stuff, because all my doodles suck. Maybe if you made some sort of editor for it, I could help with that.

TaZaR
Dec 26, 2005, 01:33 PM
Try to get RPG Maker 2000 or 2003 or XP. Maybe 2k3 should fit the best, if you wanna make a it with 320x240 resolution. If you would like bigger, you should choose XP. XP haven't got side view battle system, but you can use the ruby script in it, and change things as you like. It's the hardest one, and 2k is the easiest one from both 3 of them. There's also RPG Maker '95 but you couldn't modify it, to make a side view battle system. You can modify 2k & XP, and 2k3 already has. Well, I know it's sounds difficult... ;-)
I think after you maded some more sprites, wroten a storyline, did some artworks, etc, it will wake up the others attention. If not, it's still nice, because you practiced drawing/pixeling. ;-)

The SlaYeR
Jan 25, 2006, 07:03 AM
What you have so far looks awesome. I'd be willing to write a script/plot for an RPG (writing's all I'm good at ;p).

^ I'd like to help him with that.

Baggers
Jan 26, 2006, 03:00 AM
I'd love to help but I'm still cracking on with my Jazz fangame, very impressive scetches though!

Black Ninja
Jan 27, 2006, 09:07 AM
In order to pick things up a bit, I decided to start work on a Paper Mario-esque storyline. Does anyone have any objections to Fooruman being the big baddie?

Ae
Jan 27, 2006, 09:15 AM
I would think of Fooruman more as the small baddie, like Bowser.

Sonyk
Jan 27, 2006, 11:27 AM
Do it a la Super Mario RPG, where Fooruman teams up later.

n00b
Jan 27, 2006, 11:46 AM
The thought of having Fooruman at all is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth.
Last I checked the working title is "Jazz RPG" not "OMG CROZZOVAR
STARING JAZZZZ JACK RABIT!!!111!".

Plus if History has taught us anything its:
The only crossover games that are good don't have much of a storyline(well not much ingame anyhow) or, are TCG games(ala Card fighters clash).
The only RPGs that are good(using the standard Casual Gamer, and magazine standards) have alot of storyline.
Theres a big conflict there.

If anything, make a new villain instead of shoving the same tired Turtle and Wizard down our throats.

UNKNOWNFILE
Jan 27, 2006, 11:49 AM
Jazz Jackrabbit + rpg = No.

Jazz Jackrabbit + sequel = Yes.