PDA

View Full Version : make a tileset

JanusJackrabbit
Aug 7, 2001, 11:48 AM
can I take tiles from a bunch of different tilesets and put them in one set, and if so how?

Violet CLM
Aug 7, 2001, 01:02 PM
You call that "make"? http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif No, only kidding. I think you take screenshots of levels using the other tilesets and copy the tiles from the image that you want into the tileset. That's my theory, at least.

EvilMike
Aug 7, 2001, 01:37 PM
It is possible, but not reccomended. You will quickly run out of room in the 256 colour pallete.

JanusJackrabbit
Aug 7, 2001, 05:06 PM
okay. thanks anyway

Hareoic
Aug 7, 2001, 05:19 PM
I tried and failed. But, of course, I really suck at ANYTHING in JCS.

Aiko
Aug 9, 2001, 09:16 AM
Yes, you can. Use my great old trick (i'm in a very generous mood today) and make the "tileset" window in the JCS as large as possible. Then take some screenshots and make a "new" tileset out of it (just copy and paste from the screenshots into the new set).

Violet CLM
Aug 9, 2001, 01:31 PM
It works better from JJ2 itself, last I heard.

Ice M A N
Aug 9, 2001, 01:45 PM
It does.

EvilMike
Aug 9, 2001, 03:10 PM
Yeah, when you do it from jazz2 itself you can fit a lot more into one screenshot.

Ice M A N
Aug 10, 2001, 04:31 AM
That, and the colors are more perfect...

I copied a tileset (Jungle, I think), once using the JCS screenshot method, and once using the JJ2 screenshot method, they both turned out very well, however the JCS screenshot one had quite a few not-quite-right colors.

But the mask does have to be copied from JCS.

roseta
Sep 4, 2001, 12:21 PM
I have something like that, yes you can do it ...kinda.

Disguise
Sep 21, 2001, 03:48 AM
1. Take screenshot of tileset in JCS (print screen)

2. Paste in a program like PSP

3. Add all screenshots together

4. Save and build in JCS

Hehe, that's it http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

JanusJackrabbit
Sep 21, 2001, 03:26 PM
okay. thank you!!

Rage
Sep 22, 2001, 03:11 AM
I was thinking...

How about combining 2 oficial sets (For example carrottus and castle) And making them one.

I think it's quite impossible (Not enuf room in pallette) but if it was prolly TSF (More room for tiles)

Violet CLM
Sep 22, 2001, 02:10 PM
Ask CTU..... They've probably done it a million times already..... (This is not a personal attack, or at least I don't think it is)

SteelTalon
Sep 23, 2001, 07:55 AM
Actually, I'm remasking Colon1, and I did it the JCS way. The tiles came out 2 pixels short (AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!) so I guess I'll have to do it over again. I did the mask correctly, though...

mortalspaz
Aug 11, 2009, 05:57 AM
You can make the tileset image like that. But what about the mask?
I am trying to make easter fix and the mask troubles me.
in DTR sais i have to delete. I deleted all the things i don't want jazz to run into and....compiled... It's probably the palette thing... Where can i get the easter palette? Anyway Jazz is blue, he gets stuck in caves, txt bg looks awfuly bad,etc... What should i do?

well.. when you make the image, in PSP the background must be black or jazz-blue?

Violet CLM
Aug 11, 2009, 09:23 AM
http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=4087

Raven aka StL
Aug 11, 2009, 10:19 AM
I wonder exactly how you managed to scavange a 7,9 year old thread.
I wonder if that's some sort of a record when it comes to thread revivals.

(((No sarcasm or PA intended)))

Torkell
Aug 12, 2009, 12:35 PM
Probably it turned up in a search on the forum (perhaps sorted by relevance rather than post date). I know I've resurrected some old threads that way.