PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Situation

n0
Dec 30, 2005, 11:56 PM
Lets say I made a Jazz level, either for 1 or 2. And lets say it is a fun concept, but I am horrible at making eyecandy. And lets say I wanted someone else to do the eyecandy. Would it be easier for this someone else to eyecandy the level if:

(Poll Options)

Hypothetically, of course.

Oh, and if anyone would like to eyecandy a level for me in a week or so, let me know in this thread as well.

Blade
Dec 31, 2005, 12:43 AM
If I ever did eye candy for somebody, my choice would be the second. However, I'm quite a loner and I don't enjoy cooperation when making levels.

Nielsje
Dec 31, 2005, 02:34 AM
Option number two.
Option number 1 fell off for me, since I would feel bad if I had to remove some eyecandy that others made, because I don't know what exactly the person wants to keep and what not.

cooba
Dec 31, 2005, 02:35 AM
Third option. Gives me more freedom in general.

White Rabbit
Dec 31, 2005, 03:15 AM
Since it's your concept, you should be the one that builds the structure and put all the events in, and just keep everything down to the bare minumum, so the eyecandy maker has an easier job.

Fawriel
Dec 31, 2005, 04:00 AM
Your subtlety amazes me.
I vote for option 2, too.
Although I really wonder what would happen if people voted for the last option.

Radium
Dec 31, 2005, 08:34 AM
I say 4. The level would probably look and play more naturally if the person designing eyecandy had SOME control over the platforms/structure, but the basic layout and concepts were already there.

blurredd
Dec 31, 2005, 08:54 AM
Although I really wonder what would happen if people voted for the last option.I would make a Shield Assault level or maybe Jailbreak.

Option 2 is probably the best for the reasons mentioned above, though the 7th option ("Level is blank, I tell you the concepts") can be used to see how good the initial concept is. If it can't be easily interpreted, then it may need some work. Then again, I'm assuming you mean "concept" as in new gametype idea.

Fawriel
Dec 31, 2005, 09:02 AM
I say 4. The level would probably look and play more naturally if the person designing eyecandy had SOME control over the platforms/structure, but the basic layout and concepts were already there.
Depends on the tileset, I suppose.

Odin
Dec 31, 2005, 09:52 AM
Option 2.

cooba
Dec 31, 2005, 10:04 AM
...3 >> 2

FireSworD
Dec 31, 2005, 04:56 PM
Patient people will learn to like what you would call eyecandy, that is, if they will allow themsleves to.

Ae
Jan 1, 2006, 02:25 PM
I'd say the third one, because then we could see everything that is meant for colliding with and walking on. Ramps, ceilings, walls, etc, without mistaking any little things for eyecandy or not eyecandy.

n00b
Jan 1, 2006, 02:58 PM
I'd say the third one, because then we could see everything that is meant for colliding with and walking on. Ramps, ceilings, walls, etc, without mistaking any little things for eyecandy or not eyecandy.
Just turn on the masks then ;(