PDA

View Full Version : jj3

JanusJackrabbit
Aug 7, 2001, 07:58 PM
what if someone got permission from Epic to make an expanded version of something? (like TSF.)

Cesar
Aug 7, 2001, 10:11 PM
The thing is: many publishers won't probably be interested in such project, since no publishers was interested in Jazz Jackrabbit 3D project.

Monolith
Aug 8, 2001, 08:41 AM
We're hoping to get the source code for JJ2 so we can do just that. (though maybe not as big of a jump as from 1.23 to 1.24)

Bobby aka Dizzy
Aug 11, 2001, 08:27 PM
Epic has no reason to do that, it would only take away from the sales of current JJ2, still being published by GodGames.

blaster
Aug 12, 2001, 02:20 AM
hey, Lostboys, inc. is trying to get the rights to make jj3(pczone no.? 2001) godgames, epic etc. already quit the game-making

Bobby aka Dizzy
Aug 12, 2001, 06:03 AM
Hmm, that's interesting. Might I ask where you read that in the magazine and if you can get a URL or post that article, I'd like to add it to J2O news.

Ice M A N
Aug 12, 2001, 06:15 AM
http://www.pczone.co.uk/

I think you need to register to read the news..

"Meanwhile G.O.D. is being shut down because founder Mike Wilson has lost his love of games. "I'm not a gamer now and I haven't been for a long time. I always told myself if I ever hit that point I would get out," he reportedly told Kelly Sumner, CEO of parent company Take Two. Instead of games, Wilson plans to move as many of the ex-G.O.D. staff to his new venture – a subscription-only magazine delivered each month on DVDs called Substance TV. Take Two, in the meantime, will continue to use the GodGames label for future titles (including Myth III and Duke Nukem Forever"

I can't find the Jazz3 info.. yet..

ShadowGPW
Aug 12, 2001, 09:02 AM
Pc-Zone Benelux Bobby/Iceman.. got a small example right here