PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Jackrabbit 3 level editing

wadledee
Jan 15, 2006, 12:25 PM
If you can get the (non)public test demo of JJ3, you're a lucky guy! With the demo, there also comes a level editor. The problem is: you need a file wich isn't in the zip file. No problem: search at google with the name what you need and there it is! The only real problem is: HOW DO I USE THE UNREAL EDITOR!!? If I would know this, level making for JJ3 isn't a problem anymore (of course there aren't that much tiles that you could use except the ones wich are used in the demo). If anyone knows this, please tell me. There could come a new site, like Jazz3online? :D :D ;)

UNKNOWNFILE
Jan 15, 2006, 12:31 PM
1) Jazz Jackrabbit 3 is illegal

2) very few people have the map editor and the game

3) the game ubersux

CrimiClown
Jan 15, 2006, 12:37 PM
3) the game ubersux
I agree, exept that Alexander Brandon made a few cool and usable music files. :cool:

Violet CLM
Jan 15, 2006, 12:55 PM
Yes, JJ3 is a fun game and it's extremely easy to get ahold of, but it's ILLEGAL.
ILLEGAL.
NOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAW!

UNKNOWNFILE
Jan 15, 2006, 01:04 PM
Yes, JJ3 is a fun game and it's extremely easy to get ahold of

1) It isn't fun

2) You are overly exxaturating things, I had to search for ages until I finally got my copy

Cpp
Jan 15, 2006, 01:23 PM
I used the JJ3 U1 editor to create an experimental level for jj3 to show off what can be done in the editor (limited to my skills of course) and it turned out to be quite a fun level to play. It has some minior terrain (which is hardest thing to do), but most of it is an inside environment. The level was available for download on Nimrod's forums for a while, but no longer after the format of my server. I think I still have it somewhere.
Unreal editor is one of the easiest 3D editors to use I've seen and it gets better in every new version.

Stijn
Jan 15, 2006, 01:30 PM
1) It isn't fun

2) You are overly exxaturating things, I had to search for ages until I finally got my copy

1) You are presenting your personal opinion as a fact, which sucks.

2) Don't search; ask.

3) This kind of post formatting sucks and therefor this is until further notice the last post with such a format I'm posting.

Sahfire
Jan 15, 2006, 01:36 PM
1) It isn't fun

I searched for the game today and found :

Games:
1. JazzJackrabbit 3 demo
2. JazzJackrabbit Advance

Patches:
1. A patch that will let you play with fullscreen under higher resolutions with better graphics on Jazz3...
2. A patch for playing JazzJackrabbit 3 online!

But i will not give anything, becuase then im illegal in this forum and banned.

n00b
Jan 15, 2006, 01:43 PM
Honestly, I spent a year searching for it, and it turned out to be in the first place I looked.
You'll think the game is fun if you're a fun person. You are a fun person Waddledee, right?
Anyhow, I've fiddled with the editor before, and I suggest looking for Unreal Engine 1 tutorials.
EDIT-At least the Single Player is fun. The MP is incredibly lame.

Violet CLM
Jan 15, 2006, 01:52 PM
I found a link to the JJ3 demo by accident. I wasn't looking for it. I'm not going to argue the "fun/not fun" thing as our opinions are equally valid.

Odin
Jan 15, 2006, 02:00 PM
1) It isn't fun

I loved the single player mission. Granted it was a bit short, and the last big was annoying because it was too hard, but it was very enjoyable.

That's only because a certain few people in the community don't like you. It's openly available to the public with the right keywords.

UNKNOWNFILE
Jan 15, 2006, 05:55 PM
I loved the single player mission. Granted it was a bit short, and the last big was annoying because it was too hard, but it was very enjoyable.

Precisely.

That's only because a certain few people in the community don't like you. It's openly available to the public with the right keywords.

1) Do explain why you were banned before.

2) RIGHT BEFORE DERBY BANS THEM!!!!!!!111

wadledee
Jan 16, 2006, 07:51 AM
The game sux cause it wasnt finished, duh! I really liked the SP. Too short, but fun. And the MP has never been finished, so...
And I'm going to search to that UE editor tutorial, cause then you can make your own levels, and if you got more, the game will be funnier to play, too. And I'm not THAT fun person n00b. The last problem is that JJ3 is illegal, but to edit and upload levels for the game shouldn't be illegal. The demo is just another part of the story, wich I'm not giving you via this :)

Sahfire
Jan 16, 2006, 12:11 PM
Can someone Load the saved games on jj3, i can't.. whats the problem?

cooba
Jan 16, 2006, 12:13 PM
Can someone Load the saved games on jj3, i can't.. whats the problem?The game sux cause it wasnt finished<!---->

Sahfire
Jan 16, 2006, 12:27 PM
How does jj3 end then, im to lazy to finnish it without saving function.

n00b
Jan 16, 2006, 12:33 PM
If you're too lazy to complete it, why should we tell you how it ends?
Being too lazy to do something means you have the power to do it.

Sahfire
Jan 16, 2006, 12:34 PM
If you're too lazy to complete it, why should we tell you how it ends?
Being too lazy to do something means you have the power to do it.

but i will probebly finnish it some day later, no time for that now. But please say how it ends :7

n00b
Jan 16, 2006, 12:35 PM
The baby kidnapped at the castle is transported to a lab, and the lab isn't in the demo. The end.

Sahfire
Jan 16, 2006, 12:42 PM
lol :D

Stijn
Jan 16, 2006, 01:21 PM
I think saving does work in one way or another... At least I can't imagine that I completed the whole game without pausing.

Blackraptor
Jan 16, 2006, 06:35 PM
You guys take legal issues too seriously. Just cause its illegal you don't have to (-) around and mention it in every post.

my two cents.

Doubble Dutch
Jan 16, 2006, 10:05 PM
Its ilegal to say that!

ThunderPX
Jan 17, 2006, 12:03 PM
I never was able to beat the castle level. There was this red super fire lizard thing that I beat up, but when I went to search further that bug where I was teleported to the sky happened again.

n00b
Jan 17, 2006, 12:21 PM
Beating the Metallic red Lizard is pretty much beating the level.

wadledee
Jan 17, 2006, 03:58 PM
I really hated that beast! I finally found a place to stand on so I can keep shooting at that beast without avoiding, but still it took me between 5 and 10 minutes!!

UNKNOWNFILE
Jan 17, 2006, 04:24 PM
Jazz3D can be had here (http://www.do-you-really-think-I'd-give-it-to-you-that-easily.com). If you get a page not found error, then that means that you've found it.
(end sarcasm)

Doubble Dutch
Jan 17, 2006, 09:48 PM
Yay! Now I have Jazz 3! Thanks!

Can you find that level?

Sahfire
Jan 18, 2006, 10:08 AM
The red lizzard never die, how the (-) can you beat him.... tried to kill him in 3 hours..:O

n00b
Jan 18, 2006, 10:35 AM
Keep shooting at him, I suggest using the Secondary attack of the Fire Cell.

Sahfire
Jan 18, 2006, 11:38 AM
his killed lol, now im stuck in the "rocket" room in a (-)ing air TUBE and can't get out.. bah!

Sonyk
Jan 18, 2006, 12:55 PM
...How'd you get to Razz Rocket from the castle?

Doubble Dutch
Jan 18, 2006, 10:05 PM
The red lizzard never die, how the (-) can you beat him.... tried to kill him in 3 hours..

Jump up onto the castle ledge, the lizzard can't get you and you can shoot him all you want.

...How'd you get to Razz Rocket from the castle?

Walk around the vilage, go to the lake and through there to the rocket.

BossJazz
Jan 19, 2006, 07:04 PM
In the editor, how does one add a lizard or turtle?

Sonyk
Jan 20, 2006, 06:29 PM
I meant get directly to Razz Rocket from the castle, but still.