PDA

View Full Version : Is there a really graphical but easy to use tileset?

Hareoic
Aug 10, 2001, 10:50 AM
I mean, is there one with lots of tiles, but only a few symmetrical vertical and horizontal lines? It's the very reason I can't build any good levels.

Violet CLM
Aug 10, 2001, 01:31 PM
Will a ML tileset do? I don't quite understand what you mean.

Newspaz
Aug 10, 2001, 02:32 PM
MEZ01?

FireSworD
Aug 10, 2001, 04:20 PM
MEZ Tilesets Rule!!!

Talec
Aug 12, 2001, 08:15 PM
Don't forget Agama's sets (http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/downloads/search.php?method=username&author2=Agama)... They rock all.

Violet CLM
Aug 12, 2001, 10:23 PM
On , GenEXMRT wrote:

I mean, is there one with lots of tiles, but only a few symmetrical vertical and horizontal lines? It's the very reason I can't build any good levels.

Slight problem there, Talec. http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tik
Aug 12, 2001, 11:46 PM
Yeah...get all 3 of the Mez sets - they rock. If you are bored enough you can always get my evil tileset.

Hareoic
Aug 13, 2001, 07:19 AM
I'll try to say it as clearly as possible.

The hard part about some tilesets is the ground/wall "add-ons". I mean, if you use one tile for the ground or wall, then what about what goes under/behind it? That's the problem.

Wild Angel
Aug 13, 2001, 11:44 AM
Layers...

Make little 50x50 levels for awhile, trying out the layers. I like Agama's Heaven set, but that is a big hard for a biginner. Try using MEZ or Diamondus1.

Layer '4' is the layer the rabbit walks on, just to get started, there.

Layers '5', '6', '7' and so on are the layers behind it. On the very last layer is the one you put the sky.

For the sky if you are doing a diamondus set (1 or 2) put the size on 8x8 and set it for 'Tile Width' and 'Tile Height'. If you want it moving, it get's alittle bit more complicated. Try checking the box next to 'Texture Mode' and set the X and Y speed to 1, or 2. I believe you set it on auto, but it has been so long I forgot which one.

In the diamondus set, you can put mountains, water, trees, all that fun stuff. To do that kind of stuff, you take the layers...I like starting with the 2nd from last one, and put trees in there. Not many, but they have to stick up. Don't ask me what I mean, if you want I'll do a starter level for you and you can examine it. You set it on tile width and it should fit all down the layer size, which you WILL want the same as layer 4. Don't press 'Tile Height' or else it will be very odd looking.

For the next layer, add the mountains, same thing like you do with the trees. And so on and so on...

I like setting the X and Y speed on 1 so the layers don't move, but that is me. Otherwise they zoom all around the screen and look tacky. (In my opponion)

Hope that helped alittle. ;P

I still think you should try a Diamondus or MEZ set for starters.

F!re
Aug 13, 2001, 12:00 PM
try reading the help section of jcs , that helped me alot.

http://www.mpz.co.uk/cwm/cwm/alien/big.gif

We're coming

so be prepared...

Violet CLM
Aug 13, 2001, 12:22 PM
On , Spaztic wrote:

Yeah...get all 3 of the Mez sets - they rock. If you are bored enough you can always get my evil tileset.

FireSworD
Aug 13, 2001, 06:52 PM
The fourth tileset of MEZ has only 10 tiles.

Hareoic
Aug 13, 2001, 08:58 PM
I thought there were 5 or 6.

Wild Angel
Aug 14, 2001, 01:24 AM
All your base belong to us.

Violet CLM
Aug 14, 2001, 01:52 AM
What's wrong with 10 tiles? They look fine to me.

Hareoic
Aug 21, 2001, 05:12 PM
Er, we can close the topic. I found THE perfect tileset with **** good eyecandy. Which one? Fantasy world.