PDA

View Full Version : i need help

edward850
Mar 5, 2006, 08:17 PM
heres my problem (i dont know if people have had this before) when i try to edit the help text in jacs, my p.c just beeps at me, it wont let me edit it, how do i edit it?

Violet CLM
Mar 5, 2006, 08:35 PM
<a href="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22chm+editor%22&btnG=Google+Search">Edit the JCS.chm file in the JCSHelp folder.</a>

Neobeo
Mar 5, 2006, 08:44 PM
I'm not sure if you mean the "Help String" in the level properties, but you can press F2 to edit the text.

Sonyk
Mar 5, 2006, 08:44 PM
Are you talking about the text stings in JCS under the properties window for a level, or the help file which Violet mentioned?

edit: dam u neobeo >(

Neobeo
Mar 5, 2006, 08:45 PM
hah i beat you

JelZe GoldRabbit
Mar 6, 2006, 02:24 AM
I believe it's the text strings that go under the Level Proporties. Took me a while to figure out the first time, but when you want to edit a text string, you have to click the one you wish to edit once so it turns blue, then again to be able to edit it. In other words, it takes two clicks total, not one.

- JelZe GoldRabbit =:3

White Rabbit
Mar 7, 2006, 09:48 AM
Something annoying about the text string field is that there is a limit on how fast you can double-click. You have to click, wait a fraction of a second, then click again. Normal double-clicking (like the type you would use for icons) simply doesn't work. That's why I always triple-click in quick succession and it always work out better.

edward850
Mar 7, 2006, 07:49 PM
yay, it worked. thanks guys, one more thing, how do you get bosses to work, the music changes, but the bot sits there and does nothing and the boss health bar dont show up till I killed it

Violet CLM
Mar 7, 2006, 08:50 PM
The robot boss is a unique case and requires the event Devan (Robot Boss) to be within 31 tiles of the Activate Boss event in order to function properly. The other bosses aren't so picky and require nothing but activate boss, and sometimes not even that.

edward850
Mar 7, 2006, 10:54 PM
thanks, my *first* level project is now under way, yay. this being my first map, its not half bad