PDA

View Full Version : A request

EvilMike
Aug 11, 2001, 06:27 PM
A lot of people these days are making their tilesets non-compatible with version 1.23 of jazz2. While that is not a problem for many of us, most good level designers, including myself, want their levels to be compatible with version 1.23 of jazz2 so everybody can play them. Of course, if they decide to do that, they must eleminate all of the 1.24 tilesets from their list of choices.

Here comes what bugs me the most: It is only nessicary to make your tileset TSF-only if it has more than 1020 tiles. Almost no tsf-only tilesets are that big, excluding the ones that come with the game.

I know some of you only have the 1.24 version of JCS (although I don't know why), and you are forced to compile your levels in that. If you happen to be one of those people, I reccomend on sending the bitmap of your tileset and it's mask to somebody you can trust so they can compile it in 1.23, and then have that person send the j2t file back to you. This can help you get more reviews and downloads for your tileset, and people might actually use it too.

I have done that in the past, and it always works out ok. I never steal peoples work.

If you need someone to do what I said above, you can email me at michael_gagno@telus.net . It is your choice to trust me not to steal anything.

FireSworD
Aug 11, 2001, 06:44 PM
All i have is the demo of JJ2 version 1.24.

I'm still stuck with version 1.23.

SteelTalon
Aug 11, 2001, 07:12 PM
I'm surprised people these days are still making tilesets. ;P