PDA

View Full Version : Community Episode

Ðx
Apr 9, 2006, 12:30 AM
Hey all, how about a Community episode?

Like, Crimiclown make's level 1 with a beginning storyline. And then, BlurredD make's level 2, continuing the storyline.

what ya think?

Who's in?

-DoubleGJ
-CrimiClown
-Dx
-Sacrush
-Birdie
-Marijn
-Cooba
-KRSplat
-Jam
-n00b
-Super_Jarno

CrimiClown
Apr 9, 2006, 12:35 AM
<s>WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE ME?!</s>
Problem is, we'd all have to agree on a storyline and people would be forced to use a certain kind of tileset for the storyline. Could work, but I doubt anyone would be willing to co-operate. Anyway, count me in as soon as you find more people. :p

Ðx
Apr 9, 2006, 12:52 AM
It's more like, Me, then you, then him etc... And you can choose wich way the storyline goes.

Sacrush
Apr 9, 2006, 05:51 AM
It's more like, Me, then you, then him etc... And you can choose wich way the storyline goes.

I had the same idea a couple of months ago. Anyway if more people volunteer, I'm in.

But there should be some rules. Or else the pack will have some very bad levels and some very good levels.

Super_Jarno
Apr 9, 2006, 06:21 AM
Ok, It is an good idea!

Birdie
Apr 9, 2006, 07:33 AM
=D I'll do anything in space.
Or in the townhouse set.

Ðx
Apr 9, 2006, 08:15 AM
A good rule is, that everyone agree's that the level is good enough for the pack. Atleast, the Eyecandy, Ammo placement, Gameplay...etc...

Stijn
Apr 9, 2006, 08:25 AM
What about a <em>storyline</em> :O

Birdie
Apr 9, 2006, 08:41 AM
What about a <em>storyline</em> :O

Like, Crimiclown make's level 1 with a beginning storyline. And then, BlurredD make's level 2, continuing the storyline.

i think DX is starting the storyline Stijin =)

Stijn
Apr 9, 2006, 08:59 AM
I see, but I think once central storyline is a better idea than a storyline that is expanded with every level. You'd get completely random stories that way which can be fun but will probably just be annoying (for you as a player)

CrimiClown
Apr 9, 2006, 10:32 AM
I think it's rather amusing if in level one, Jazz goes off to find Eva (just to name something easy and bland) and in the end, Eva was swallowed by the Evil Cheese Of DOOM® and Jazz got adopted by some Russian warlords... =D

Odin
Apr 9, 2006, 02:16 PM
I might do something for this. I'd like to do either a boss level or a cavern maze.

Marijn
Apr 9, 2006, 11:39 PM
Its better to write the story, and give people the change to submit a level!

Ðx
Apr 10, 2006, 06:26 AM
No, it's more fun if a level ( intro ) started with : ''There was a Rabbit, called Jazz'' ''He lived in doom land'' etc...

Super_Jarno
Apr 10, 2006, 08:54 AM
^^
Dx just make a storyline we will make levels...

n00b
Apr 10, 2006, 10:45 AM
I volunteer.
I like the Telephone style of making up a story, it makes more plot twists and can be interesting if done properly.
<s> Jarno is just a lazy naysayer who thinks we have no literary concepts, do you want him thinking the community except for DX has no literary concepts?</s>

DoubleGJ
Apr 11, 2006, 01:41 AM
Sounds awesome. I'm in.

Odin
Apr 11, 2006, 12:38 PM
I'll volunteer.

cooba
Apr 11, 2006, 12:42 PM
Ah why not. Count me in.

n00b
Apr 11, 2006, 12:46 PM
I like how I volunteer, and yet I'm not added to the list, despite it being edited after I signed up
gj no re.

Odin
Apr 11, 2006, 01:13 PM
I like how I volunteer, and yet I'm not added to the list, despite it being edited after I signed up
gj no re.

Same here. (WA)

Stijn: Indirect wide attack.

Marijn
Apr 25, 2006, 11:59 AM
I am in.. I need to practic a LOT with JCS first ;)

KRSplat
Apr 25, 2006, 04:25 PM
I want to make a level!

jam
Apr 26, 2006, 10:49 PM
Me too!

ThunderPX
Apr 27, 2006, 05:12 AM
I want in, I have no reason to use JCS currently =P

DoubleGJ
Apr 27, 2006, 07:05 AM
So, when do we start?

CrimiClown
Apr 27, 2006, 08:22 AM
If there are no objections, I'd like to start with the first level, with Ðx's permission, ofcourse.

n00b
Apr 27, 2006, 03:26 PM
If there are no objections, I'd like to be added to the volunteer list.

CrimiClown
Apr 28, 2006, 02:54 AM
If there are no objections, I'd like to be added to the volunteer list.
<s>I object</s> Isn't Ðx supposed to be agreeing with something here now...? :(

Super_Jarno
Apr 28, 2006, 08:50 AM
Yay!
My Jazz2 works again i reinstalled my version.
btw i create the lvl with my TEC Jcs to make it version 1.23.

EDIT : Dx i signed me in why u removed me?

NovaStar
Apr 28, 2006, 06:57 PM
Me is in!

Marijn
Apr 29, 2006, 03:05 PM
If there are no objections, I'd like to start with the first level, with Ðx's permission, ofcourse.
Just start.. I really want to see this kind of developing.. =)

Sacrush
Apr 30, 2006, 05:52 AM
Yes, when do we actually begin creating this episode. Also if possible I want to make the second or third level so that I can make some interesting plot twists or whatever.

ThunderPX
Apr 30, 2006, 06:54 AM
Looks like I haven't been added either even though I posted the day before Dx last edited.

Super_Jarno
Apr 30, 2006, 09:46 AM
When do we start dx?
Iam gonna start creating my level i think!

CrimiClown
Apr 30, 2006, 10:35 AM
When do we start dx?
Iam gonna start creating my level i think!
No offence, but you are supposed to base your level on the STORYLINE which slowly evolves... =\

cooba
Apr 30, 2006, 10:38 AM
No offence, but you are supposed to base your level on the STORYLINE which slowly evolves... =\The storyline can always be adjusted.

CrimiClown
Apr 30, 2006, 10:44 AM
The storyline can always be adjusted.
I think it's better if he waits his turn and THEN makes his appearance as a storyline wrecker...

cooba
Apr 30, 2006, 10:49 AM
I think it's better if he waits his turn and THEN makes his appearance as a storyline wrecker...I think he can just make his level and adjust his storyline so it's like yours and then he can release it. Sounds a bit more practical.

CrimiClown
Apr 30, 2006, 11:00 AM
I think he can just make his level and adjust his storyline so it's like yours and then he can release it. Sounds a bit more practical.
Ah well, doesn't matter... I'll start on a level this week (vacation time, yay!) and think of something nice to base a story on... :)

Ðx
Apr 30, 2006, 11:10 AM
Crimiclown can start, but i'm away for 5 days ;<.

So.. Can we start after the holiday?

cooba
Apr 30, 2006, 11:11 AM
I don't see why should we delay the starting.

CrimiClown
Apr 30, 2006, 11:13 AM
I don't see why should we delay the starting.
MY thoughts exactly... ;o

n00b
Apr 30, 2006, 11:18 AM
We... start.... NOW!

Marijn
May 1, 2006, 10:03 AM
YES!!!

with what ?..

CrimiClown
May 1, 2006, 10:30 AM
YES!!!

with what ?..
Hmm... TAKE ONE GUESS... :eek:

n00b
May 1, 2006, 10:45 AM
I think the plotline should be about Protecting JJ2 servers and taking out crashers.

CrimiClown
May 1, 2006, 11:04 AM
I think the plotline should be about Protecting JJ2 servers and taking out crashers.
Very well then... Sounds good to me... I'll start on it first thing in the morning. \o/

Marijn
May 1, 2006, 11:12 AM
But we are building a episode right ? So I agree the "pick and use" style, but doesn't have to be "right"... Every level can start with "A day after yesterday..." and make a story that don't even mention things used before...

Level one: Devan Shell returns.
Level two: Earlong slaps Jazz.
Level two: Spazz and Jazz fight crime at epic to drop the redirection..

you know what i mean :D

n00b
May 1, 2006, 11:21 AM
Why go through the hassle of having people sign up if all the episode is going to be is dumb level after dumb level?

While I think the story should be improvised, I'd at least want it to link up with/ make sense when played with/or refered to past levels. Also it should follow a general theme so we know that Jazz, Spaz, and Lori run in certain eniroments that make sense with each other.

Long story short: This episode will 200x better if we did it with flow isntead of Pick and Use

CrimiClown
May 1, 2006, 11:30 AM
Why go through the hassle of having people sign up if all the episode is going to be is dumb level after dumb level?

While I think the story should be improvised, I'd at least want it to link up with/ make sense when played with/or refered to past levels. Also it should follow a general theme so we know that Jazz, Spaz, and Lori run in certain eniroments that make sense with each other.

Long story short: This episode will 200x better if we did it with flow isntead of Pick and Use
I couldn't agree more. If you decide to make a level in this project, at least take part in the storyline... You can add plot-twists ofcourse, but make em sensible... ;P

KRSplat
May 1, 2006, 11:37 AM
I assume this is 1.23, not 1.24.

n00b
May 1, 2006, 11:41 AM
Considering DX's pure hatred of levels uploaded in 1.24, I assume the same thing

Marijn
May 1, 2006, 12:05 PM
So first write a story ( of course somebody that really write good... Marijn != good writer.. )

and people can "ask" to make a level.. with correspond story

snzspeed
May 1, 2006, 12:18 PM
if there's still space, i'd like to enter. Im bored atm, and don't have much stuff to do. ;P

CrimiClown
May 2, 2006, 01:33 AM
So first write a story ( of course somebody that really write good... Marijn != good writer.. )

and people can "ask" to make a level.. with correspond story
I thought we were meant to improvise on the story... Like, stick with the idea, but do whatever you please... Just stay around the 'hacking' theme and it'll be okay. ;)

Marijn
May 2, 2006, 01:41 AM
I thought we were meant to improvise on the story... Like, stick with the idea, but do whatever you please... Just stay around the 'hacking' theme and it'll be okay. ;)

Just think of a thema.. We need to make a little start right. Where is jazz ? What kind of tileset..

ThunderPX
May 2, 2006, 01:49 AM
Just think of a thema.. We need to make a little start right. Where is jazz ? What kind of tileset..

The creator of the level would think up that. For example, if CrimiClown made the first level, and it started off with Jazz in the middle of a mission to stop a script kiddie, and ended after defeating that script kiddie and Jazz finding a portal to somewhere, the next person would think up where Jazz ended up, say, in the General Jazz Talk forum (this is only an example.)

n00b
May 2, 2006, 11:10 AM
Maybe Jazz will have to edit some varibles in a Mainframe nside a computer Matrix(We don't have to be Uber-realistic because that'd be boring.*). The tileset could be "Cybernetical World" by Cell, a custom tileset, or Mez. It's really up to you

*Find IP! Post it! Find another IP! Post it!

ThunderPX
May 3, 2006, 02:20 AM
Or we could use more than one tileset in this episode! *gasp*

Marijn
May 3, 2006, 07:57 AM

*Duh*. Like Day-Night

CrimiClown
May 3, 2006, 08:08 AM
*Duh*. Like Day-Night
I give up... X(

Marijn
May 3, 2006, 08:52 AM
I give up... X(
ahum.. Sorry...Just can't wait.

Speeza
May 3, 2006, 09:30 AM
Im in :)

CrimiClown
May 3, 2006, 10:15 AM
ahum.. Sorry...Just can't wait.
Long live enthousiasm!

n00b
May 3, 2006, 10:44 AM
I never even asserted the notion that the tileset had to be for the whole episode.
I think hacking a mainframe can be done in one level.

Sacrush
May 3, 2006, 12:17 PM
I still think that there should be some rules, or else this will end up like crap...

minmay
May 3, 2006, 01:12 PM
I'm back, and possibly in.

Birdie
May 3, 2006, 03:38 PM
I still think that there should be some rules, or else this will end up like crap...
A good rule is DX doesn't have to accept anything unless he wants to.

minmay
May 3, 2006, 05:06 PM
Maybe people should be required to submit a work sample before they get in.

n00b
May 4, 2006, 10:52 AM
Well then it'd be called "Certain people who meet criteria Episode" and not "Community Episode".

I'd rather go with a form of Birdie's rule where if the level is crap we don't need to add it in.

minmay
May 4, 2006, 04:21 PM
Yeah, but it depends on exactly how bad something must be to be "crap."

I myself find that most of the uploads on J2O are "crap," especially recently. Considering most of the good level makers seem to have stopped level making (e.g. Blur, since I don't believe he's uploaded a dang thing since last year), we may end up with a "crappy" pack.

cooba
May 5, 2006, 01:03 AM
Considering most of the good level makers seem to have stopped level making (e.g. Blur, since I don't believe he's uploaded a dang thing since last year)So not uploading levels (http://www.jazz2online.com/jdc/levels.php?ext=/eventlevels//Assault/) to J2O automatically makes one an inactive level maker?

minmay
May 5, 2006, 06:30 AM
These sites keep slipping by me, <s>so please stop making me look like an idiot</s>.

Also, he said somewhere else that he wasn't making any more levels.

cooba
May 5, 2006, 06:36 AM
Also, he said somewhere else that he wasn't making any more levels.CTFs. Not levels in general.

minmay
May 5, 2006, 06:45 AM
It wasn't on a forum, and you weren't there, so how would you know?
And why would I visit the JDC site when I have no interest in being so competitive?

CrimiClown
May 17, 2006, 07:54 AM
Hey all...

I'm sorry about the delay, but my school finals are coming up and stuff and I don't really have the time to be making levels right now... I will still contribute, only at a later moment in this project...

Flip a coin for who can actually start or something... ;)

Speeza
May 17, 2006, 08:09 AM
Its a community episode,everyone should be albe to make a level,no matter how crap it is,unless its something like with 1 tile.
If you want to make a episode with the best jazz2 level makers then go make one,but I just don't think its fair on others who are not good at making levels and not being albe to have a chance being in a COMMUNITY episode.

Birdie
May 17, 2006, 02:22 PM
Its a community episode,everyone should be albe to make a level,no matter how crap it is,unless its something like with 1 tile.
If you want to make a episode with the best jazz2 level makers then go make one,but I just don't think its fair on others who are not good at making levels and not being albe to have a chance being in a COMMUNITY episode.
We never said crap levels, we said total absolute crap, and I'am pretty sure we all know it when we see it.

<Don't quote this cooba =p>

Ae
May 17, 2006, 05:49 PM
Can I play?

Black Ninja
May 17, 2006, 08:34 PM
Hey! I'd love to join in and make something. My specialty is boss levels and whatnot, but I'd do something else if asked. Also, if you guys like I can write a storyline for everyone to try and follow. I love writing storylines.

CrimiClown
May 18, 2006, 05:21 AM
Hey! I'd love to join in and make something. My specialty is boss levels and whatnot, but I'd do something else if asked. Also, if you guys like I can write a storyline for everyone to try and follow. I love writing storylines.
For all I care (because nobody replied yet to my invitation), ask Dx if you could do the first level, so you car start your own little storyline... ;)

minmay
May 18, 2006, 11:02 AM
My specialty is making the most spectacular 20x15 space you've ever seen then making the rest of the level really crappy.

Black Ninja
May 18, 2006, 06:43 PM
So, I realized that I have absolutely no time to work on a level. However, I went ahead and started work on a storyline that does a decent job of continuing JJ2's plot. It should be awesome enough to light the fire under you level makers. I'll post that tomorrow with any luck.

Olsen
May 19, 2006, 09:57 AM
Black Ninja - Makes people talk

Or something... ;)

Sacrush
May 27, 2006, 10:03 AM
What is the progress? Crimiclown?

CrimiClown
May 29, 2006, 06:57 AM
What is the progress? Crimiclown?
I said, a page back, that someone else can start. You can rock-paper-scissors over it, I don't care. I'll make a level later on in the episode. Starting a level on 'hackers' isn't the easiest thing I've ever done.

Ah well, I don't blame you for not noticing my post. Nobody does.

DoubleGJ
May 29, 2006, 10:12 AM
As Dx is the starter of this project, I demand he chooses the person to make the first level.

Violet CLM
May 29, 2006, 01:29 PM
...this topic is over a month old now. If nobody says they've started the first level in the next week, I'm going to just whip something out myself. So, somebody please do something.

cooba
May 30, 2006, 05:43 AM
If nobody says they've started the first level in the next week, I'm going to just whip something out myself.Finish giantbees!

CrimiClown
May 30, 2006, 06:43 AM
Looks like Ðx doesn't care for us anymore... ;(

Ðx
May 30, 2006, 06:43 AM
In this order w're gonna make the levels.

But i thought crimi took the project?

-DoubleGJ
-CrimiClown
-Sacrush
-Birdie
-Marijn
-Cooba
-KRSplat
-Jam
-n00b
-Super_Jarno
-Unknown Rabbit

CrimiClown
May 30, 2006, 06:44 AM
In this order w're gonna make the levels.

But i thought crimi took the project?

-DoubleGJ
-CrimiClown
-Sacrush
-Birdie
-Marijn
-Cooba
-KRSplat
-Jam
-n00b
-Super_Jarno
-Unknown Rabbit
I did not 'take' the project... I felt like starting at first, but I'd rather continue someone elses level.

Ðx
May 30, 2006, 07:00 AM
okay

DoubleGJ
May 30, 2006, 08:03 AM
Then I guess I have to make the first level. Right? If so, I'm starting right away...

cooba
May 30, 2006, 08:05 AM
I don't think it's necessary to limit ourselves to the order.

Violet CLM
May 30, 2006, 04:47 PM
I don't recall asking to be added to the list. Nor do I have any desire to take a slot which will presumably occur in late 2007. I was just saying that I would start the project if nobody else was willing to do so.

Xplosive
May 31, 2006, 09:04 AM
I think its geat you are doing a episode the whole community can join In with.
Count me In.

ThunderPX
May 31, 2006, 09:23 AM
Why am I not on the list?

CrimiClown
May 31, 2006, 11:07 AM
So, I guess 2×GJ is working on that level now, huh? Apart from the list, who will work on a second level?

DoubleGJ
Jun 8, 2006, 06:32 AM
Just FYI, I have now begun the making of first level for this project. Any hints?

CrimiClown
Jun 8, 2006, 06:45 AM
Just FYI, I have now begun the making of first level for this project. Any hints?
There are "hackers" busy screwing things up for Jazz and his friends... ;)

ThunderPX
Jun 8, 2006, 11:58 AM
Still not on the list. >=(

Ðx
Jun 8, 2006, 12:01 PM
I will add you on the other topic