PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't anybody thought of this yet?

Hareoic
Aug 12, 2001, 01:01 PM
Howabout somebody makes a level that is inda like a test, but it improves your skill. I'm not sure that anybody's made those.

Violet CLM
Aug 12, 2001, 02:20 PM
That's what tests are for.

Newspaz
Aug 12, 2001, 02:22 PM
Dont worry. Only 300 people did this before you.. More than enough time to use this splendid (ahem)idea for yourself!

Hareoic
Aug 12, 2001, 03:05 PM
No, I mean one that's supposed to IMPROVE your playing, not test it.

EvilMike
Aug 12, 2001, 08:05 PM
Have you ever heard of single player? http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Talec
Aug 12, 2001, 08:14 PM
I've thought about something like that occasionally... I think Jazz in the Matrix had something similar... I never got far in my thoughts though :\

~Talec LP

Violet CLM
Aug 12, 2001, 10:23 PM
All right, everyone. Rename your test levels "Improve" levels.

Tik
Aug 12, 2001, 11:49 PM
I was seriously going to have an "improvement" level for the begining of my new pack. Basically it'd be some stupid arena where you fight guys somehow, but you can leave whenever you want by going to a certain place.

But, do you mean improvement in multiplayer, becuase so far the only way to do that is to actually play in multiplayer, especially against people who are much better than you. I suppose if you had the knowledge you try and make a Jazz2Bot, but I think some peeps already tried that and it wudn't too hot.

SteelTalon
Aug 14, 2001, 11:15 AM
People haven't "thought of this yet" because they want to forget it. ;P

URNinjaSK
Sep 1, 2001, 04:02 AM
duke nukem 3D

had a computer controlled

bot and it sucked

no game in my mind

can handle bots computers

arent as smart we made computers didnt we?

Newspaz
Sep 1, 2001, 05:10 AM
Well we technicaly can make bots. I have thought out a technique that should work. But it will probably never been done since I can't program (well I can a little but I don't know any language which is fast enough to control a bot).

The idea is that a program reads where the other players are and controls a player.

It's possible to locate other players using a memmory addresse that Link used in his Megawarp program.

But the biggest problem would be that the bot would walk into walls and just keep doing that until the player gets in his neighboorhood.

The solution to that is that we should program a program which would work a little like JCS, but you would set the mask (and useable events) with it.

The bot program would read the position of the program. After doing that it would read the created map for the level, and then go after the player.

Ofcourse this is very complicated. We could also try to find the memmory addresses which read the level, instead of building a whole mask map program.

I wonder is anybody understands me http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Kaz
Sep 1, 2001, 07:13 PM
Newspaz...

Why don't we make it to where it's sort of a feedback system...

Something like

Move left

If position X is not lowered jump/move right

If position Y and X are not lowered Press T

Type Help

Type Defunction stupid bot programmed by idiot

Ah yes, and we should give the stupid thing infinitite seekers and

If player in range Fire

FIRE

FIIIIRRRREEEEE

MoRe DESTRUCTION!

MWAHAAHAHA

If bot kill goes up

Type: You lose loser! You've been slapped by a bot! diy again!

Something like that...

"With your hair, mess not, or by the time you're 800, 1,000 you will look!" -Yoda

"A little higher please," -Tortured Excel

"Animals and children tell the truth, they never lie. Which one is more human? There's a thought, you decide!" -Svg Grdn

Violet CLM
Sep 2, 2001, 01:15 PM
OFF TOPIC!

EvilMike
Sep 2, 2001, 03:34 PM
Another way you could do it is use a bot pathing system. Has anybody here ever used UnrealEd? In that level editor, you are able to set up a path nodes that the bots will follow. That way they do not run into walls and whatnot.

Would it be possible to get a jazz2 bot to follow a trail of one of the blank events (Event 255, for example)?

Newspaz
Sep 2, 2001, 11:28 PM
Hmm I don't think so. But you could make a program that makes you walk/run paths and stores it.

roseta
Sep 25, 2001, 01:08 PM
I'm no good at tests

Krezack
Nov 7, 2001, 02:26 AM
Hey dont mock my culture we bots are actally super intelegent and have a habit of blaming our malignant selves on some poor cracker then they get arrest for creating "virus" programmes
mwahahahahaha im nuts!

Cpp
Nov 7, 2001, 08:54 AM
Path nodes in jj2? Too hard in my opinion. I have another idea. If we can somehow detect events in the level we could remake those blank events to jump events (bots will jump if they detect this event in their pos), buttstomp event (if in air, they buttstomp), special move (kick or uppercut), ...
The bot program will automatically read the bot's pos, look for these events in the memory and do what they say.

The program should create a log like this:

Jump event on pos: 32,53
Jump event on pos: 76, 27
Buttstomp event on pos: 54, 143

Bot pos: 32, 53
Orders: Jump

All this would only be possible if we could just detect events in the level.

I haven't tried anything like this before but I think it would be possible or at least I hope so...