PDA

View Full Version : Motion Blur?

Robowurmz
Apr 19, 2006, 09:00 AM
I read on the howtoJCS page that you could make motion blurs on your levels. It also said that this occured on the level "Danger Zone" by somebody. It didn't work on my own level, so I tried his. No motion blur. Hm. Why doesn't this work? I have Version 1.23.
Please help,

-Robowurmz.

Birdie
Apr 19, 2006, 10:46 AM
Your SIG is gaint and far to big
It does work. if you want it to be a stronger blur effect just make them animated tiles aswell that go empty frame some other frame.

Violet CLM
Apr 19, 2006, 04:21 PM
I've always wondered about that... I can create my own motion blur, which works fine, but it looks nothing like the one in the Danger Zone screenshot, and I haven't been able to get that one to show up.

Odin
Apr 19, 2006, 05:07 PM
I think the "motion blur" in the screenshot with Lori flipkicking is drawn in the sprite. The actual motion blur is not noticable.

Robowurmz
Apr 19, 2006, 11:43 PM
Does it matter if you are running it in a window, henceforth not in directdraw mode?
I wonder if it works with fullscreen....

Stijn
Apr 20, 2006, 12:34 AM
It worked for me. It's not as visible as you'd wish it to be though, maybe you just didn't notice it. Remember that layer 8 has to contains translucent tiles for it to work.

White Rabbit
Apr 22, 2006, 06:07 AM
The only proper motion blurring you can get in JJ2 is to have NO background tiles and fill the level with water. The constant moving of the water refreshes the background, so you'll get really cool motion blurring without the eyesore of unremoved sprites.

Stijn
Apr 22, 2006, 11:51 AM
Or use translucent background tiles :H

Violet CLM
Apr 22, 2006, 11:58 AM
The only proper motion blurring you can get in JJ2 is to have NO background tiles and fill the level with water. The constant moving of the water refreshes the background, so you'll get really cool motion blurring without the eyesore of unremoved sprites.
Heh, I remember I edited Marinated Rabbit once so the background disappeared when you entered the water, and then came back afterwards. Fun. Okay, three methods, I guess.