PDA

View Full Version : Urban tileset request

Odin
Apr 22, 2006, 10:27 PM
Hey, I'm looking for a 1.23 urban tileset. Like townhouse, but more clastrophobic, and easier to use. Not Technoir, since I want something a bit more... detailed in color terms. And not Neonius, because I want something brighter.

Thanks.

EvilMike
Apr 23, 2006, 12:16 AM
Mega Megatropolis is a TSF tileset, but there's a stripped down version available for 1.23. It's not the easiest tileset to use: it's very big and intimidating. But it probably suits what you are looking for: it's bright, versatile, and colourful. And if you want claustrophobic, the tileset comes with plenty of material you can use to make tunnels.

I can't think of any other tileset that can really fill in the niche you are describing. There are plenty of tilesets that can be used for an "urban" feel, but I think the one I described is the best for what you want.

FQuist
Apr 23, 2006, 12:35 AM
Bluez' Metropolis doesn't exactly fit your description but it's urban too.

Violet CLM
Apr 23, 2006, 02:23 AM
Wartorn?

Odin
Apr 23, 2006, 08:50 AM
Mega Megatropolis is a TSF tileset, but there's a stripped down version available for 1.23. It's not the easiest tileset to use: it's very big and intimidating. But it probably suits what you are looking for: it's bright, versatile, and colourful. And if you want claustrophobic, the tileset comes with plenty of material you can use to make tunnels.

I can't think of any other tileset that can really fill in the niche you are describing. There are plenty of tilesets that can be used for an "urban" feel, but I think the one I described is the best for what you want.

That works great. Thanks, EvilMike.