PDA

View Full Version : I might be a newb but please help

Zorbatake
May 24, 2006, 06:23 PM
I know how to make levels, i know everything except how to make my own tileset, i know there is a program for it. my brother got it once before i was to young to think for myself (like in 2001), so could i have a link to a download. you know the program that allows you to draw a tileset of your own! that would be great!

NeonPSY
May 24, 2006, 06:32 PM
MS paint + TilesetPal = DONE!

Violet CLM
May 24, 2006, 09:18 PM
http://tilesets.hewwo.com/

Fawriel
May 25, 2006, 01:51 AM
Well, yeah, there really isn't a certain program needed to create tilesets. Any graphics program that can produce .bmp images is fine. TilesetPal helps, of course.

Zorbatake
May 25, 2006, 05:34 AM
wait... i can go into paint with the right measurements and make a .bmp file and then put it into my jazz2 directory?

BTW: thank you unknown rabbit

n00b
May 25, 2006, 05:38 AM
Well you put it in your "Tilesets" folder, but more or less, yes.

niek
May 28, 2006, 02:26 AM
And after you got it in the /tilesets folder, you just have to get in JCS, and go to the Tileset Builder by clicking on the 'Set' button above of the tileset window. Now build your tileset with the image and the mask, and you're done if it doesn't give any errors.

Snipperdepipper
Jun 18, 2006, 10:00 AM
I've got the same problem as mr. Zorbatake; (and I'm a very very newbe at the moment:+ ) How at all can you make a tileset?
I love to play JJR, and making levels is one of may daily jobs, but how do i make a tileset?

I don't know anything about it. Isn't there somekind of a tutorial which explains stepy by step how you can make at least a 1-tile-tileset?

lot's of thanks if someone can explain the whole thing:D

cooba
Jun 18, 2006, 10:03 AM
I've got the same problem as mr. Zorbatake; (and I'm a very very newbe at the moment:+ ) How at all can you make a tileset?
I love to play JJR, and making levels is one of may daily jobs, but how do i make a tileset?

I don't know anything about it. Isn't there somekind of a tutorial which explains stepy by step how you can make at least a 1-tile-tileset?

lot's of thanks if someone can explain the whole thing:Dhttp://tilesets.hewwo.com/<gg.>

Snipperdepipper
Jun 18, 2006, 10:07 AM
thanks.

Super_Jarno
Jun 19, 2006, 09:29 AM
Read all posts before posting plz.