PDA

View Full Version : JCS94 error

Doubble Dutch
Jun 14, 2006, 03:19 AM
JCS94 is having some very unusual problems; I changed my screen resolution a while back, and when I went to use it its has a scrambled view of all the levels.

The levels save fine, but it appears it has fixed size 'tile boxes' so with the increased resolution, when I select tile 3 it shows a square including bits of tile 2 and 4 For some reason this means every tile in the level is replaced by another tile utterly unrelated to it.

Changing the resolution back doesn't work; it does the same thing, only bigger.

Here is a partial screenshot: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/Nevad/Screenshot.png

Any ideas people?

ThunderPX
Jun 15, 2006, 02:48 AM
Weird. But on a sidenote, I don't think you're supposed to edit the boss levels anyway =P

Doubble Dutch
Jun 22, 2006, 02:11 AM
Sorry, I just picked one at random, ALL the levels are like that.

Feline
Jun 22, 2006, 02:52 AM
It's funny, I was wondering if people used the thing anyway. Makes me happy to see that my fears were wrong. This program really is useful.

Anyhow, I'm having a hard time understand exactly what happened, given the fact that I can't recreate the problem on my system. What was the original screen resolution. From what did you change the screen resolution to? If you change the screen back to the old resolution, does it fix it?

Weird. But on a sidenote, I don't think you're supposed to edit the boss levels anyway =P

Yes you can....

Newspaz
Jun 22, 2006, 05:20 AM
Quick workaround
Go to display properties, choose the settings tab and click advanced.

http://www.jsifaq.com/images/DisplayRestart.gif

Set DPI settings to 96dpi and JCS94 will work the way it should.

Doubble Dutch
Jun 24, 2006, 05:48 AM
my screen fonts are too small to read comfortably...

Newspaz
Jun 24, 2006, 01:56 PM
Then set the font size bigger in the appearance tab of display properties, and do not use the DPI settings option. This option causes compatibility problems with more applications, not just JCS94.

Or use a lower resolution.