PDA

View Full Version : In need of tileset/music designers

Black Ninja
Jun 25, 2006, 08:42 PM
Hello peoples. Today I don't come to you with a brilliant poll, an awesome contest, or anything particularly witty. Today, I come to you in need of assistance.

I am working on something Foo Products related. I don't want to give too much info on what yet, but what I can tell you is that it will spell "The End" for a certain storyline of ours. Now, here's what needs to happen for this to be released and be a success.

I need two things:

First, I need someone who can create a sort of "gothic rock" remix of 3ddemo.mod. It MUST be playable in JJ2.

Second, I need someone who can design an amazing edit of the Hocus01 tileset with a fire theme. It needs to be more than just a color change - I want a true fire-based Hocus01 set. The less it looks like Hocus01, the better.

If you can help with any of these things, please PM me, tell me about it here, MSN me, or whatever floats your boat. I need these things as soon as possible.

Oh, by the way, there's incentives for anyone whose work I end up using.

Erik
Jun 26, 2006, 01:30 AM
Gothic rock remix of 3demo.mod? HELL YES

Birdie
Jun 26, 2006, 06:05 AM
I can probably make the fire themed hocus1, do you mean the hocus ep1 set?

Black Ninja
Jun 26, 2006, 07:28 AM
Yeah, my mistake. I meant the hocus ep1 set, not the old hocus01 set.

DoubleGJ
Jun 26, 2006, 08:23 AM
I don't think I could ever fit my style to gothic rock... Especially that I don't really like it...

Black Ninja
Jun 26, 2006, 12:53 PM
STATUS UPDATE!

I have a more than capable team (of one person) working on the music, so right now all I need is someone to do the tileset.

Birdie
Jun 26, 2006, 01:10 PM
I can do the set.
Mind if it's cartoony?

Black Ninja
Jun 26, 2006, 03:35 PM
Cartoony's probably OK, but I still want it to be a darker fire-themed version of Hocus Ep1. If you feel like making it look cartoony at the same time, fine with me.

ThunderPX
Jun 27, 2006, 06:34 AM
I could probably compose the remix, but I can't use trackers to save my life.

Black Ninja
Jun 27, 2006, 12:39 PM
NEWER STATUS UPDATE!

I have someone working on the 3ddemo gothic rock remix thing, as well as someone working on the tileset. However, I have recently learned that I will need one more thing. I need someone who can do a sort of rap-ish remix of 3ddemo as well. Anyone who's up for the challenge, let me know.

n00b
Jun 27, 2006, 12:47 PM
Would that same person who could do a rap-ish remix also contact me as well(Mainly so I can contact you later on when the animatic for my animation project is finished)? I hate to leech off threads like this, but it beats making a whole new thread later on when I can already have a contact ahead of time.

DoubleGJ
Jun 28, 2006, 03:39 AM
I need someone who can do a sort of rap-ish remix of 3ddemo as well. Anyone who's up for the challenge, let me know.
That's more like me. :D

Black Ninja
Jun 29, 2006, 03:03 PM
If you're up for it, please PM me, email me, or get in contact with me some other way. I'd love to have you on the team.

Erik
Jun 30, 2006, 06:01 AM
What! that would have been 9999999999 times easier

Black Ninja
Jun 30, 2006, 02:59 PM
What! that would have been 9999999999 times easier
Hey, think of it this way - you get to do the music for the big finale.

Speeza
Jul 1, 2006, 12:12 AM
:( fooman was the best.
Even tho the stories were really getting over the top wewirld,it was just so funny.
lol octo and the whale.
Well I hope the last is the best.
Please can you keep making foo levels tho.

Black Ninja
Jul 1, 2006, 09:34 AM
:( fooman was the best.
Even tho the stories were really getting over the top wewirld,it was just so funny.
lol octo and the whale.
Well I hope the last is the best.
Please can you keep making foo levels tho.
You just went right ahead and made a big assumption about what this will be the last of, didn't you? ;p

Well, I guess it's only fair that I post what's going on here. The music and tilesets I need are for the final pack of Foo Races. After much debate, it was decided to end the series with race40. There will, of course, be more foo-based JJ2 things in the near future, but this is going to be the end of the races, and I want it to rock.

Speeza
Jul 1, 2006, 09:40 AM
I never see people host fooraces,people like teamfoo more,i want teamfoo races 2 :P

Birdie
Jul 1, 2006, 09:49 AM
No, foo races are alot better than team foo.

Speeza
Jul 1, 2006, 09:54 AM
your only saying that becuse i said it,i know time for a poll >)

FireSworD
Jul 1, 2006, 01:41 PM
Second, I need someone who can design an amazing edit of the Hocus01 tileset with a fire theme. It needs to be more than just a color change - I want a true fire-based Hocus01 set.The less it looks like Hocus01, the better.

This part I don't get completely. If the set were to look nothing like hocus01, or edited too much to be able to tell it was originally hocus01; would that be taking it too far with editing?

Birdie
Jul 1, 2006, 01:51 PM
I guess it still has to resemble hocus01.

Black Ninja
Jul 2, 2006, 08:36 AM
This part I don't get completely. If the set were to look nothing like hocus01, or edited too much to be able to tell it was originally hocus01; would that be taking it too far with editing?
I don't really want it to look much like hocus01 as far as color. I do, however, still want the same kinds of blocks and whatnot.

Speeza
Jul 2, 2006, 09:09 AM
Why don't you start off from hocus pocus 5,the bloacks look the same hocus pocus 1,and it looks great for a fire tileset.

Black Ninja
Jul 2, 2006, 09:16 AM
Why don't you start off from hocus pocus 5,the bloacks look the same hocus pocus 1,and it looks great for a fire tileset.
Because Hocus Pocus 5 is illegal.

n00b
Jul 2, 2006, 10:19 AM
JJ1 tilesets are just as illegal.

Birdie
Jul 2, 2006, 10:21 AM
JJ1 tilesets are just as illegal.
What about jj1 diamindus, tube electric and medivo?

n00b
Jul 2, 2006, 10:22 AM
I thought it'd be rather obvious that those weren't. GG

Violet CLM
Jul 2, 2006, 12:42 PM
JJ1 conversions are presumably illegal, but some were even included with JJ2 so it's easier to ignore that. Besides, in the case of Hocus Pocus we have specific instructions from 3D Realms <i>not</i> to convert the commercial levels, an instruction which we have not received in regards to JJ1.

n00b
Jul 2, 2006, 01:44 PM
Thats converting levels, not tilesets.

Speeza
Jul 2, 2006, 01:50 PM
Because Hocus Pocus 5 is illegal.
sorry i have not plaed jazz1,s i did not know:P.
well i can't get it to work.

Black Ninja
Jul 15, 2006, 07:12 PM
Ok, I need yet another JJ2-compatible remix of 3ddemo.mod. Is anyone willing to make a Christmasy remix?

minmay
Jul 16, 2006, 10:12 AM
I could try but I suck at that sort of thing.