PDA

View Full Version : Slate

Nightshade
Aug 23, 2001, 10:04 AM
Um, this is my first story, and I need people, but, here goes.

SLATE

Nightshade bounded through the trees. She smiled grimly as she watched the huge bird. She pulled out a high powered blaster as the menace swooped low. She pulled the trigger, bracing herself for the explosive shot, and only heard a faint click. She frowned, looking down at her blaster. "Of all the dumb, idiotic, most inconvenient times to run outta bullets!" She muttered harshly under her breath. Her eyes flickered up toward the bird coming closer. It swerved toward her, lethal beak raised, and she had a vague sense of dread, knowing all was lost. The last thing she remembered was the fierce golden eye, bearing no mercy, only murderous anger. Then the darkness enveloped her, accompanied by a single, short flash of pain.

Long black hair draped over an unconcious face. The rabbit was pretty, Rapha Kahn acknowledged. She was black with a black sword strapped to her back and a deep blue blaster clenched tightly in her paw. A belt encircled her thin waist, on which hung many daggers. A ring was on her finger and she had a long jagged gash running from ear to ear. Kahn himself was a maroon color with a black fade on his eartips and paws. His grey eyes matched his light grey tunic. His black cape flapped in the breeze and he was a boxing hare. He was friendly, with a sense of humor, and though he could be very sarcastic at times, and he came out with sharp remarks very often, he made it up with his friendliness and his smile. He watched the rabbit intently, as her eyes flickered, and finally opened. Her brow creased as she stared at Kahn. "Oh, wh-who are y-you?" "Ah'm Rapha Kahn, mah wee lassie. And yerself?" "I'm Nightshade." "What happened to you?" "Did you not see the eagle?" "No, Ah'm 'fraid not." "Huh. Well now, ain't that something." "Weel, mah guid lassie, you're a pretty wee thing. Where you come from?" "Carrotus, sah, at least, I did, until Lliath the Fang came. . ."

A blinding flash of bright light caused the turtles to stagger backward, blinking furiously. Lliath appeared in their midst, his red cape swirling majestically. He scowled at the guards, his voice sounded hoarse, echoing harshly in the silence, filling the hall. "What to report?" His eyes flashed as he adressed a guard. "Nothing, sir." The guard replied warily. He cringed as his masters wrath broke over him, surfacing and bubbling over in an outraged reply. "Nothing! That's all you ever say! Get out of my sight, all of you!" The guards scattered, bolting for the door as fast as they could. They slammed the door in the nick of time, Lliath's sword hitting the door and pinning the cloak of one. They moved further down the corridor, conversing in hushed tones. "Wot do yew suppose that was all about?" "No idea. The captains are all like that too. Think that somethings the matter, though. He seems disturbed." "We're not supposed to think, only to carry out orders, but who knows, you could be right."

They were right. Something was indeed the matter, and at that very moment, Lliath the Fang was busy on his scanners. They picked up a ship, an enemy ship called the Freefall. He frowned as he watched it. He remembered it, like something out of a nightmare, a dream, perhaps, but whatever it was, he remembered it.

Violet CLM
Aug 23, 2001, 10:50 AM
Cut to Redwall. http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tha Psycho
Aug 23, 2001, 11:22 AM
Need me for this cool story?

SlaYer
Aug 23, 2001, 11:55 AM
i wouldnt mind joining either

Ducky
Aug 23, 2001, 01:38 PM
As wouldn't I.

Might we? Redwall's niftular and so are Irish/Scottish coves.

Cold start http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

`Ducky

Coppertop
Aug 23, 2001, 02:26 PM
lol

That's my sister. Care to add me, m'dear? Got my prof right here if y'ever need it.

Name: Coppertop, or Copper

Weapons: A sleek, high-powered navy-and-white blaster and my sword Shale, which has a mirrored unbreakable blade and a three-quarter blood channel. The hilt is black, and in the shape of a flying dragon, the wings forming the crosshilt and the tail twining around the handgrip. In the pommel is a faceted dark green jewel that matches my eyes. If I touch this gem I can become invisible for a couple of hours. Shale can also give light.

Items: A crystal key on a fine silver chain that can open any lock (this is optional) and my modified Darkspray Assassin 216. Usually I drop the 216. The Assassin is black and quite large, with a small bay. It's armed with torpedoes, heat-seekers in limited supply, laser cannons and ion turrets. She's fast and powerful. Her alias is Ghryheli 78.

Quote: Give no mercy

Job: Mercenary

Warcry: Yaylaho

Personality: Suspicious and distrustful. Most likely to give you the cold shoulder. Doesn't make friends easily, but keeps the ones I do have for life. I am loyal and picky about who I work for. For instance, I hate turtles because they massacred my family. I have a musical accent and love a good argument, usually winning. I have a dry sense of humor. If I am insulted I am dangerous, usually killing the insulter. However, I won't kill innocents.

Appearance: Tall, with grey fur and waist-long wavy black hair held back by a copper scarf (ribbon). Deep green eyes. I have my sword on my hip and my blaster low on my left thigh. I wear calf-high scuffed black boots, black pants and a dull green long sleeved shirt with a black tunic. Sometimes I wear a hooded black cloak.

Skills: Fighting, arguing, trying to keep my temper. I am lightning quick with my blaster, and piloting is my passion.

That's all. Can y'please, please make me talk properly. . .

Talec
Aug 23, 2001, 07:33 PM
Kewl story ^_^

Continue!

~Talec LP

Nightshade
Aug 24, 2001, 12:43 PM
. Thank you, thank you. *bows*

By the way, I'll need your profiles.

Chapter 1:Two Enemies Meet

The Freefall 357 drifted closer. Steel Tyar flipped a button and his ship soard toward Carrotus, heading fot the Turtle Base. As he neared the Base, he sighed and sat back in his seat. Time to settle with Lliath what they had begun years before. He remembered how he had sworn to serve under Lliath, until the treacherous turtle had betrayed him to the rabbits, telling them that Steel was the cause of all the trouble. Yes, he remembered it well. He scowled as the Freefall Sped toward the Turtle base. Lliath's suffering would be long and loud.

Coppertop slung her sword on her hip, climbing into the Assassin. She flashed a quick glance over her shoulder, watching the guard patrol leveling their blasters and shooting. She grinned as she watched them, muttering to herself, "Hah, dumb turtles! They think they can shoot my ship?" She piloted her ship into the sky, watching the turtles below until they were lost to sight. Her ship rose silently into the night sky until it broke through the atmosphere and into outer space. She headed toward Alfador, watching her scanners with an expert eye. The tall grey rabbit piloted perfectly, without a single mistake. Piloting was her life passion, she had been attached to it ever since her first flight. She was a mercenary, and sold her talents to the highest payer. Her waist long wavy black hair was held back by a copper scarf, her namesake, and she had deep green eyes that seemed to look through to your very soul. Her navy and white blaster she wore low on her left thigh. Her calf-high black boots were scuffed and her pants were black and she wore a dull green long sleeved shirt with a black tunic. Her piloting skills had got her out of many tight places, and she used her skills now to pull up sharply. A ship had materialized in front of her, brushing past the Assassin and barely missing it. She scowled at the ship, unable to see it's pilot. Whoever is piloting that ship sure does'nt know what he's doing, she thought as the ship swung around. She read the name on the side, that was emblazed in gold. The Nebular Web came at her again, and she swerved to one side, cleanly missing it. Whoever it was was turning again, coming back at her. Whoever it was was trying to kill her.

Nightshade glanced at her companion. Rapha Kahn had hardly said a word that day, and he seemed disturbed. She watched him intently, until he noticed her looking at him. "What's wrong, Kahn?" She asked hesitantly. "Ach, nothin t'worry your head 'bout, mah wee lassie." He replied. She scratched the bandage on her head, it itched. Kahn raised an eyebrow at her. "Och, now, lassie, dinnae scratch at that there bandage, or twill come off for sure, so twill." She sighed. "It's falling over my eyes, and flopping all over so much that it's tickling my ears, sah." "Weel now, what'd you rather, it not being there at all?"

"Hmmm. That might be a bit better, sah."

"Och, awa' whit ye, lassie. Ah doant rightly think you would."

"Why not, sah?"

"Jes' think, lassie. Twould be painful, and wouldnae stop bleeding, and ye'd get dust an' gravel in it. Twould be mighty sore, och, eh."

"Well, suppose you're right, sah. Doesn't stop it from itching, though."

That's all for now.

Coppertop
Aug 24, 2001, 01:40 PM
Woo! I'm the first to love and say so!

More?

Nightshade
Aug 27, 2001, 06:30 PM
Cummon, guys, I need some profiles.

The Freefall 357 landed silently next to the Turtle Base. Steel opened the cockpit and jumped out, nodding to the turtle patrol. "Take me to Lliath." He said. The guard studied the black cloaked turtle.

"I aint seen yew b'fore."

"And I have'nt seen you before, or I'de remember your ugly face!"

The guard stepped foreward, prodding Steel with his spear. "I don't remember yew."

"Ah, but Llaith will, never fear. Oho, he will all right!"

"Who are yer?"

"I am Steel Tyar."

"How would His Lordship remember yew?"

"An old friend, but that's none of your business. I wish to see him."

"Yah, 'ow do I know Steel Tyar's not an alias?"

Steel's eyes flashed. "Now!"

The guard's nerve deserted him, and he stepped back at the ferociety and determination in his voice. "Ahm. . . follow me, sir!" As Steel approached Lliath's chamber, the guard smirked. "Heheh. Mightiness is in a foul mood, turtle. G'bye and the worst o' luck to yeh!"

Coppertop glanced at her rear scanners. The Nebular Web was coming back for another attack. She readied her ion cannons and targeted the silver ship. Firing steadily, she watched with grim satisfaction as the smaller ship spun out of control, directly into her tractor beam. The Nebular Web was pulled toward her ship by the sheer force of the beam. Moments later, the offending ship was aboard the Assassin.

Lliath cowered in a chair as Steel entered. It seemed a lifetime ago. . . a world ago. But he was here, here in his former master's chamber, his betrayer's chamber! Lliath watched fearfully as the hooded turtle came in.

"Sooooo. What's the master doing cowering in a corner, eh?"

He said mockingly, the least bit of sarcasm in his voice. His wicked features turned up in a grin. He bared his teeth at his former employer.

"Let me tell you a little story, about a poor little turtle who was betrayed by his master. . ." His voice trailed off as he watched his enemy's face. "Ah! I see you recognize me now," He watched Lliath, as the crocodile cringed in a corner. "Ha, you're acting more like a frighten kitten than the 'conqueror of the universe'! Well, now, time for us to settle this once and for all. . ."

In the circumstances, Lliath did the only thing he could. Watching Steel get closer, sword drawn, he fumbled with something in his pocket. Getting hold of the object, he pointed it at Steel, shouting, "Alfador!" And suddenly, a blue bolt hit Steel in the stomach and he dissapeared. Lliath gave out a shaky sigh and shoved the transporter back into his pocket. It had been a lucky hit-he hadn't even been aiming! He glanced out the window, the Nebular Web was still docked in.

"Guard!" His voice rang out like an iron knell, he was no longer the terrified 'kitten', as Steel had described him. If the bolt hadn't killed him, at least Steel was away. There wasn't much chance of surviving when a Transpolt hit you full force in the stomach. The guard arrived at the door in a hurry.

"Yes, Milord?"

"Where's my dinner? I want food!"

"Um, well, we're on a shortage of vittles, sir."

"Well, I'm hungry!"

"Sorry, sir! Nothing much we can do. The pesky rabbits are holding siege."

"Well, get out there and capture them, dimwit!I WANT MY FOOD!!!"

The blast blew the turtle's hair back (Turtles do have hair, don't they?)and he rushed out of the room, saluting vigorously and yelling behind him, "Yessir! Right away sir! Whatever you say sir!" As he left, he muttered under his breath, "Three bags full sir!"

Then Lliath was left alone with his thoughts, the deafening silence ringing in his ears.

Nightshade trudged up the mountain next to Kahn. She looked very unhappy, complaining about how she was tired.

"Owww, cummon, Kahn, lets rest before my legs wither up and shrivel. Look, I've got a stone in my paw."

"Oh, oh. Poor you."

"Oooooohhhhh, look at that stream. I wish I were a fish, then I wouldn't have to trudge along through this rock and sand all day, I'd get a proper wash whenever I wanted, and I'd have plenty to eat-"

"-Aaahhh, queit yore c'mplaneing, Night-"

"-But sah, breakfast was ages ago, about ten minutes, I think. . ."

"Oh, says th' poor shrivelled rabbit maid t'the ole hare. Ach, mah lassie, queit c'mplaneing!"

"Now you've got the idea, sah! I say, that looks like a nice spot to break for a snack, wot?"

"Och, b'quiet, lass. There're enemies abroad, och eh."

"Oh! Why didn't you say so before, sah?"

Kahn smothered a grin as he replied. "B'cause ah dinnae wanto interrupt th' pore liddle misfortunes that befall you, miss." Nightshade made a face at Kahn's back. She looked over the side of the mountain, and pulled away as everything dilated. "Whooo, I say, Kahn, don't look over the side of that mountain, sah."

"Dinnae plan to, mah pretty. Afeared o' heights, so ah am, and not afeared tae admit it, och aye."

Nightshade turned, surprised. "Oh, is this the great mountain hare Kahn speaking?" "So tis, miss."

They trudged along in silence for a few minuted. Suddenly, Kahn pulled Nightshade behind a large rock. "Shhh, miss. There be turtles near."

"How do you know, sah?"

"Och, keep yer voice down, miss. To answer your question, och, ah can smell turtles miles awa'. They dinnae never take baths, ye ken."

"Oh, certainly, sah! Blighters smell pretty rancid, wot?"

Thats all for now.

Nightshade
Aug 27, 2001, 07:17 PM
By the way, I'll need some profiles soon if I'm to continue. Especially from you, Slayer, cos if you dont give me a profile, I cant write another part, seeing as your in it.

You too, Ducky and Tha Psycho.

Ducky
Aug 28, 2001, 05:59 PM
Oh YaY, I get to be in....hehe.

Well, you asked for it.

Name: Ducky V. GreyRabbit(yeah, imaginative, huh http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

Appearance: I'm a short grey rabbit with black tips and lop ears adorned with gold hoop earrings. I have long , very straight reddish black silvery hair in a braid, a scar on my upper left arm, and bands of blue green fur, which on closer inspection prove to be channels of electricity which found my power. [see the weapons..] I have pale pale green eyes and fluffy bangs.

Clothes: I wear a black tunic, grey leggings and dark grey cloak with a silver clasp and hood, and soft leather boots.

Personality: I'm nervous and shy and quiet and afraid of a lot of things, particularly people dying, and blood, and so on, but I have a quick temper and won't hesitate to pull my blaster on someone. And I havea weird sense of humor.

Weapons: I have a long black staff witha green half circle of stone set in a silver creascent at the top, I fight with it and it shoots electricty..hehe. And I have a small purple and gold blaster.

YaY again!

`Ducky

Phoebe
Aug 29, 2001, 05:55 AM
YOu seem to be quite a talented family http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyway I might think about joining, its really cool though, continue.

Coppertop
Aug 29, 2001, 11:03 AM
Everyone of us except those who aren't http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif Yes, my sister is almost as good as me =D

Nightshade
Aug 29, 2001, 12:38 PM
*bows*

Well, here's some more story, and Phoebe, I hope you decide to join.

Wild Angel looked surprised to find that Coppertop was a rabbit. "Oh-ah. . ." She stuttered as Coppertop faced her sternly.

"You're a rabbit!"

"O'course I am! I am Coppertop the Mercenary."

"I thought you were a turtle, as did Ducky."

"Well, I'm not, and what's a Ducky?"

As if in answer to her question, a short grey rabbit that looked to be 15 or 18 years of age appeared.

Her lop ears were adorned with gold hoop earings. Her ears had black tips that went very nicely with her long straight reddish black hair that had a silver tint to it. It was done up in a braid that seemed to flow down her back. A scar showed on her upper left arm, and bands of blue green fur caught Copper's eye. On closer inspection, howver, they proved to be channels of electricity.

She had pale green eyes and fluffy bangs with a black tunic, grey leggings and a dark grey cloak with a silver clasp. The cloak displayed a hood, and she had soft leather boots. She held a long black staff with an amazing green stone set in it. The stone was a half circle, and it was set in a silver crescent at the top. When Coppertop asked about it, she told her she used it to fight with and it shot electricity. At her side she wore a small blaster which was purple and gold.

She was quiet and shy, nervous and afraid of a few things, particularly people dying and blood. She had a quick temper and wouldn't hesitate to pull her blaster out at someone, and she had a wierd sense of humor.

Wild Angel, on the other hand, was 17 years old, and didn't mind people nicknaming her. The most common ones were Wildie, Wild, and Angel. She had jet black fur that had a silky appearance to it, and aqua blue eyes. Her wavy hare looked like stands of gold, and it, too, was silky and wavy. It stopped at her shoulders, and though she was muscular, she looked very feminine. She was 6'4", tall for her species, and she wore a black leather skirt and a short tank top that was the same color as her eyes, but with metallic looking threads.

She had a gold locket with a blue sapphire in the middle of it, which held great healing powers. She had a war horse, a Palomino named Imoen, and she said she could charm animals. She wore a platinum sword that had a vein of dragon blood running through it. The swords hilt was shaped like a dragon, and the wings formed the crosspiece. The tail wrapped around the rest of the sword. She could heal anything, and, though it was rare, she could raise the dead. She showed Coppertop that she could make cool orbs with her hands, and she was telepathic. She was almost half mage (45%) but the rest mortal and psycic. She rarely showed her mean side, only when she was really mad and frustrated. She was proud of her sword, though did not brag continually about it, and from her appearance, she was a real war girl. She was a run-away, her parents being killed with the rest of her town, and she was the only survivor in the ruin, her and her sister, Pink Daizy, who had black fur and gold hair like Wild Angel, but purple eyes. She did not like talking about her past at all, it just made her upset. Coppertop had forgiven her for attacking her ship, since the Assassin did look like a turtle ship, when you didn't have time to cast more than a glance. Ducky Greyrabbit proved a friendly sort, despite her temper, as did Wild Angel. They agreed to go with her to Alfador, and the ship was once more on it's way.

I dont have time to write more today, but more tomorrow, perhaps.

Tell me if I missed anything, Ducky, and Wildie.

Ducky
Aug 29, 2001, 02:47 PM
Not a problem if thou did. Cooolies. http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

`Ducky

Nightshade
Aug 30, 2001, 02:41 PM
PROFILES!!!!

Steel was shocked and confused. One moment, he had been advancing on Lliath, next, he was on Alfador. The barren land stretched on for miles, without a plant or puddle in sight. He watched the sky, with the deep clouds rolling and crashing. No rain had come yet, but it was bound to, soon. . . wasn't it?

He worried as he walked. What if a thunderstorm happened and he was stuck in the middle of it with no shelter? Sighing regretfully, he wandered aimlessly. He threw himself aside as a ship came swooping down, landing perfectly. He hid around one side of the ship and as he looked up, he read the word engraved carefully on the side. Assassin. He knew that name. . .it was the ship of the famous mercenary, Coppertop. What a lucky find! If he could hire her against Lliath, he was bound to win! Then he began to think rationally. Where would he get the money? It was all aboard the Freefall!

Coppertop glanced at Ducky. "Hey, Ducky." She said quietly. "I could swear I saw a turtle."

"Heh. Not good to swear." Coppertop gave her a look.

"Allright, allright! Well, I wouldn't worry about it. No turtles here."

"You sure?"

"Positive. I know so."

Reassured, Coppertop left her alone. She could not help noticing, however, that as she went back to navigating her ship, Ducky muttered, "I think so." Then, a few minutes later, "I hope so."

No time to write more now, but later-and I need those profiles! Um, 'cept from you, Ducky.

Coppertop
Aug 30, 2001, 02:56 PM
Whee! Moorree!

*grumbles loudly at Wildie's sword*

Ducky
Aug 30, 2001, 02:59 PM
YaaaaaY! Mooooore. Coooontinuuue.

`Ducky

Nightshade
Aug 31, 2001, 02:27 PM
HAHAHA!!!!11 I'm not continuing!

Just kidding.

Anyway,

Coppertop opened the cockpit door to find that her suspicions were not in vain. She watched a turtle, blaster pointed right at her. She raised an eyebrow as he spoke.

"Cummon, mercenary. I dont got no money, but I got a job for you. I'll letcher live if you comply, but if you dont, you will die!"

"Oh yeah, nice rhyme, turtle! I dont work for free." She spat in return. Steel looked bewildered.

"I don't got anything." Copper's sword came out, and with a breathtaking leap, she landed directly infront of him, sword expertly poised a whisker's breadth from his chest.

"Then what business do you have wasting my time on silly threats! Now either you pay or flee, I told you that I dont work for free!"

Ducky appeared behind her. "Who's this?" She asked Coppertop.

Coppertop snorted. "Nothing but a pesky turtle, Ducky."

"Oh. Okay. Who is he?"

Steel looked from one to the other. "Um-um-"

Ducky grinned.

"Hello, Um-um. How do you do?"

Coppertop smothered a laugh as Steel replied helplessly.

"I'm, ah, well. . .um, I-er, um, I'm, well. . . I'm, er, Steel, ah. . . Tyar."

Ducky feigned surprise. "Oh! Rather long name, dont you think. Well, hello, I'm, ah, well. . .um, I-er, um, I'm, well. . . I'm, er, Steel, ah. . . Tyar. How do you do?"

Coppertop grinned. "He won't be fine, after I'm done with him-"

Her words were cut off as Wild Angel stepped foreward.

"Who's that, Copper?" She asked, having not heard any of the conversation.

"This is Steel Tyar, a dimwitted turtle devoted to taking up other rabbit's time on idle threats, prefferably mine."

Steel spluttered indignantly. "I-oh-jeez, you-I'm not-you-rabbit!"

"Heheh. Quit spluttering, you stutterer." Ducky looked at Coppertop in surprise.

"I didn't know you could make such comments! Good f'you! Anyway, you never did tell me why he's here."

"He wanted me to do a job for free."

"Oh. Well, I'm sure he'd let you have his cloak as payment."

"Wha. . ." Steel Tyar brightened. He slid out of his cloak and handed it to Coppertop, not seeing the crafty gleam in Ducky's eye.

He thought that his plan was working perfectly. First, he would let Coppertop kill Lliath, then he would kill Coppertop. He would get two dangerous enemies in one blow, and he would rise to power!

Once Coppertop went back to the ship, she turned angrily on Ducky.

"What did you mean by taking his cloak as payment?!" Ducky grinned mischeviously. "You saw his cloak had a red and gold and silver trim, right?"

"Yeah. . .so?"

"You haven't heard about the Cloak Of Red Gold Silver?" Ducky looked aghast as Coppertop replied. "No. . . but what does it matter?"

"It carries the Crystal Key."

"Crystal Key? What Crystal Key?"

"The Crystal Key can open any lock."

"Oh. Why should that help me?"

"Let Wildie tell you."

Wild Angel stepped foreward, relating the story.

"The cloak itself has powers."

"Like what?"

"Like, it can make the wearer be able to fly."

"I dont have a use to fly-"

"-And the wearer can be invisible-"

"-I can already be invisible for a short time-"

"-And the wearer can be able to climb, like, up straight cliffs, over overhangs, and whatnot."

"Oh. Well, I'd rather money."

Then Ducky came up with an idea.

"Why don't you take it to the Slate Sale?"

Everyone agreed to it very happily. The Slate Sale was a place on the planet Lahi, and it was where everyone went to trade items, or sell items. She could trade or sell the Cloak for what she wanted, it was a brilliant idea. . .

Wheee. . .

In the dead of night, in black

Hear a twig crack

Stealth is my game, never going back

To kill under cover of night. . .

"I see, I see," Said the blind man to his deaf wife in a dark alley.

Ducky
Sep 1, 2001, 08:59 AM
Heehee. The mystery deepens. Was that said alrady? I got it SOMEwhere..

Continue!

`Ducky

Coppertop
Sep 4, 2001, 12:40 PM
Ya said it on mine, I do believe, Duckster.

Oops, I forgot, Shade. Cash and carry only. Oh well, good anyway.

Nightshade
Sep 4, 2001, 12:56 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!1

Chapter 2: Two Questors Go Forth

Nightshade explained quietly to Kahn from behind a boulder.

"Y'see, sah, I was hired to get rid of Deatheye the Talon, a huge bird. My fee was two hundred gold pieces."

Rapha Kahn stared. "Two hundred gold pieces! Och, they must 'ave been really desperate- that's like, like a mini fortune, ye ken!"

"Yes, and I guess it was stupid to take the offer. Killing the Talon of the Forest, the very idea! But I've got the two hundred gold chunks, and now I've got to go back and slay Deatheye."

"Ach, how big are those gold pieces?"

"Um, I think they're square, an inch by an inch."

"Ho-ly!" Kahn whistled quietly. "But why you, lass? Why didn't they choose, say. . . Coppertop the Mercenary or someone?"

Nightshade smiled bitterly. "Haven't you heard? Ever since I discouraged the turtle bunch single handed- I think they called themselves the 'Dark Threat' or something- they think I'm the best. But, I'm avowed to go back- shhhhh!"

She broke off in midsentance, putting a finger to her lips. Moments later, a turtle patrol passed by. They could hear snatches of conversation echoing between the guards.

"Yah, go boil yore head. Go tell th'Fang that! How d'yew think he'll react, knowing that a guard has turned rebellious? Yew dont wanna patrol, go tell him that- aye, and spend the rest of yore days in the dungeons, with rats. . . and bugs. . ."

"Aye, and with half bread and water, or less-"

"-But- but-"

"Owww, shut yore scringin' gob! 'Oo asked yew, ennyway, Sliteye!"

"I'm with Humpback, we should escape while we can!"

"Yeah? Well I'm with Spotty! I say we stay on the winners side!"

Many voices rang out in support for the last speaker, and a dispute rose between them. Then the voices died away, and all was silence once more.

Sunrise was setting on the horizon, and streaks of red and gold flashed through the air, leaving their brilliance on the highest mountains. The clouds were on fire with color, as was the sky, and as the sun rose it looked down on Lahi, and everything seemed to brighten. Shadows died away from even the darkest forests, and small birds sang their morning song. The same sun was shining over the Lahi Sale, as three foreign creatures strode boldly foreward. One wore a cloak, and it was plainly a female, forbidding looking and deadly from the leather boots to the sword on her hip. Her eyes were alight with the joy of morning as she approached the Sale. Behind her was a dark ship, and the name was plainly engraved. Many beasts laid eyes on the Assassin that day, and the three beasts approaching. The other two were female, as well, and they walked alongside the cloaked one. They approached one beast and then another, their range knew no bounds. A silent fourth stalked them quietly and finally materialized infront of the cloaked female and raised a foreboding looking dagger. . .

Coppertop awoke, shivering and panting. She was aboard the Assassin, not at Lahi. . . not yet.

It had seemed so real, so alive. . . the sun rising, the three figures, the silent stalker. . .

She pulled herself together. She had a ship to pilot and business to tend to, not to mention two newfound allies. Ducky and Wildie had proved to be useful, they knew the way to Lahi, they knew how much she could sell the cloak for, what it was worth, and it's powers. She had taken the Crystal Key, she might need it. But she definitely did not need the cloak. She had washed it, for it had been soiled and dirty, and it's color was a silver shine. In the sun it sparkled, but there was no sun in Outer Space. No sun at all.

Tha's all for now.

Kaz
Sep 4, 2001, 02:53 PM
Name- Kaz Algo

Species- A red bird, as big as an ordinary rabbit. I can carry a couple of rabbits, or one swartuguard, I just don't feel like it =P.

Weapons- I have a normal blaster.. it really isn't that special, it has an infared generator (for remote =D), it has two more rapid fire than default blasters. However the ammo it fires is very weak, fast, but weak. Not to mention it runs on battery, if that runs out, I'll usually just throw it and hope it explodes.

Specials: Sam is my all around maid. She's actually an AI program in a system far off. I keep a constant link with her in my mind to find out what's happening and information, and sometimes I'll get really agrivated for no apparent reason. She's a genious in sense.

I have a sort of psi to create energy shields... it's one of my best techniques considering shields can harm people if done in a certain way (pop up right before them). They're good, but only meant for blocking energy shots, if somebody were to fire a cannon ball, it would break the thing and I'd most likely lose that battle. But if somebody were to fire at me or slash with a sword, I could block it. However sometimes I rely on them too much and they fade out/break and then I'll be caught unsuspected.

They're big enough to shield a person crouching down. THEY WILL BREAK!

Personal Quote: Why block when you can dodge?

Personality: I'm logical. I'm smart (in some ways), and I always think of the greatest thing 3 minutes after it's needed. I'm great with computers. I'm overanalytic, sometimes I'll say something I'm not supposed to and explore a phenomenom against captian order. Sometimes I'll try and take matters into my own hands only if I know what I'm doing is right.

Personal quote: Indeed

Battle tatics: I'm fast, I evade a lot, with shields I'm defended, but I can't attack worth beans.

I raise a shield if the enemy chooses to charge at me. (Yosho inspired if you watch Tenchi Muyo). I usually only do use shields on a final battle or tough battle, other than that I'll just wait for them to hit and try to dodge.

I keep moving, quickly usually and keeping track of the enemy. When the enemy is tired or recovering from his fire then I attack.

I can fly, quickly, from there I like to use bouncers.

Nightshade
Sep 5, 2001, 04:06 PM
Wheeeee. . .

Another joiner!

Ennyhow,

Lliath left his room in a high bad temper. He hadn't had any food yet, and he was hungry.

Going down to the kitchens, he found it deserted. Half a mushroom flan and two scones were left.

He devoured the flan, and was starting on a scone when a large red bird entered. He was as big as an ordinary rabbit and looked strong enough to carry a schwartzenguard or two rabbits. He waved a red wing dismissively at Lliath.

"Oh, hi. You're Lliath the Fang, right? I'm Kaz Algo."

Lliath stared uncomprehendingly at the bird.

"Wha. . .how. . .who. . ."

"Bad stutter y'got, eh."

Lliath looked the newcomer over. He had a normal blaster at his side, that ran on a battery, but apart from that, he looked like, well, like just a large red bird.

"How'd you git in 'ere? Why didn't the guards stop you?"

"Guards? There were supposed to be guards?"

Lliath threw up his hands, and sighed, complaining loudly.

"Oooooh. . .when I get my hands on them-"

"Sorry to interrupt you, but. . .I didn't quite realize you had hands."

Lliath stopped and glared at Kaz.

"Whatever! Anyway, where'd they all go?"

"Um, might they be the ones I saw defeated by the rabbits?"

"Ohhh! That's where they went! Grrrr, I need my own private guard!"

"Then why don't you get one?"

"Good idea. Why didn't I think of that?"

He abentmindedly pushed the scone on the plate over to the bird.

"Hmmm, here, have one."

"Thanks,"

Kaz was surprised at how easily Lliath had taken to him. He thought about how easy it had been to get in there. The rabbits had known that Lliath would have sent out turtles sooner or later, seeing as they were laying siege to his palace. Once the turtles came out to fight, it gave Kaz the perfect opportunity to fly and spy.

The red bird left, munching the scone and lost in thought.

It wasn't till that evening that the enormity of it all hit Lliath.

Coppertop
Sep 5, 2001, 06:59 PM
lol, dimwitted or what?

Nightmares, eh. That's a new one!

Lookin' forward to the next part, Shade!

Nightshade
Sep 6, 2001, 12:34 PM
Good, I'll keep you waiting.

Bwahahahaaa!!!!!1

http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_razz.gifhttp://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

So there!

Nightshade
Sep 6, 2001, 12:36 PM
Just kidding.

Musta had too much stress that day.

Okay, so i wasn't kidding.

Nightshade
Sep 6, 2001, 01:27 PM
Ahem.

Now that I have your attention, i will continue.

Lliath was furious with himself.

How could he have let a rabbit spy into his base, of his own good (or mabye bad) will!

If that was a rabbit spy. . .

Anyway, he went into a very troubled sleep, reliving the events of that day as he drifted off. He had no dreams that night, which was a miracle, but woke up sore and sleepy.

He buried his face in his pillow, and stuck his fingers in his ears.

When that didn't work, he finally got up.

The breakfast guard came in, without his breakfast. Already being in a bad mood, Lliath exploded at him.

"Where's my breakfast?!?!?!?!"

The guard's eyes flickered nervously.

"Um, SIR! Your breakfast is missing, SIR!"

"Well, what happened?"

"You were to have two scones and a mushroom flan, SIR! The cook came down this morning and it was gone, SIR! These were found by the spot he left it, SIR! Mabye it's a clue, SIR!"

And he pulled out two large, red feathers.

Btw, Kaz, are you a good speller?

Kaz
Sep 6, 2001, 01:41 PM
I beleeve I amn. I jus speal bad on pupuse sumteems.

Smashing story.

Coppertop
Sep 6, 2001, 05:54 PM
Lol, Kaz http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Now Shade isn't dancing. . . she's laughing her head off. She must be tired.

RuxOr again. Continue Shade, though you're watching me type this http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nightshade
Sep 7, 2001, 12:54 PM
I am?

Funny, I didn't notice.

Okay, so here's my next part.

Kaz sighed. The rabbit patrol obviously had not returned yet.

He would leave a note, and be on his way. He held the pencil awkwardly in his wing as he scrawled an untidy message on a piece of dirtied yellow paper.

It read: Mishun ackomplisht. Contakt mea at the hedcwarters for mor infermayshun.

Then he walked off, heading for the headquarters alone.

Triphe scowled, pointing at Yazz. "Twere him, not me." He spoke to an older, greying rabbit, who had many scars of past battles upon him. Yazz piped up, "'E's lyin' pa, he th'ew the lawnmower through the downstairs window!" The older one shook his head at Triphe. "Triphe, Yazz has lied to me not once. You, on the other hand, have more times than I could count if I had four hands. Your punishment shall be that you will go 'round the neiborhood looking for jobs to raise enough money to buy a new lawnmower." He saw the picture of relief on his son's face and added, "And enough for a new window." The expression changed to one of stunned shock, and then to anger. He stalked out without even asking his leave. He, a prince, would not stay for a half year working off his debt!

It was dead of night. A shadow within the shadows moved. A small light flickered on, revealing a blue rabbit with brown paws and ears. His face was one of defiance as he silently padded toward the storeroom. He grabbed a sack from the corner and silently filled it with provisions for his journey. He then headed toward the armoury, and chose a sharp sword and a bow and a quiver of arrows. Then he slipped out the door and headed north. Thus did Triphe Naphor leave home.

Thats all for now, folks!

Kaz
Sep 7, 2001, 04:37 PM
I'm the first to reply... It shows I have no life.

Good story

Nightshade
Sep 8, 2001, 06:56 PM
Heheh.

Wotever.

Triphe took off through the trees. He straighted his bow and quiver and walked purposefully toward a clearing in the forest. Once there, he made sure no one was watching and unstrung his bow. He picked a tree not too far away and took aim. He had had sword lessons back at the castle, but his life passion as a warrior was a bow and arrow. He had perfect aim, as he soon found out. His arrow went through the center of the tree, and kept going, such force it was shot with. Satisfied, he retrieved the arrow and slung his bow over his shoulder. He set off once more, with a grim smile on his features and the knowledge that his training as a warrior had begun.

Yazz woke that morning with the feeling that something terribly wrong had happened. He glanced over at Triphe's bed and instantly knew. His brother had left. Yazz sat straight up in bed, an alarm going off in his mind. He got up and dressed himself. He ran downstairs, searching the familiar faces seated around the breakfast table for his father. His father was seated at the head of the table, his head bowed as he said grace."

"May the days be kind, no trouble be sent,

To my city and it's occupants,

May we live out our life in long lived peace,

Let no evil our lives rent.

The food we eat, the peace we seek,

That evil may suffer, I pray,

Let the troubled night give way to light,

In this newfound day."

The spell was broken as Yazz entered. His father immediately sensed something wrong, and his face grew solemn.

"What is it, my son?"

Yazz walked over and placed his hand on his father's shoulder.

"Triphe has left home."

A stunned silence fell over the table, and a single tear trickled down Yazz's face.

"Father, I must go after him!"

Yazz turned at the sound of his sister's voice. Her face carried determination and her father nodded once.

"I understand, my daughter. Go, and may the spirit of good follow you and deter any evil that may find you."

Yazz stared in open surprise."Tazz, you? You want to go?"

Tazz looked at him through her slightly narrowed eyes. "Yes, brother. Me. I will fetch our brother back. You can not go, he hates you, hates the very thought of you! I, on the other hand, he does not hate so much. No matter what trouble I face, I must go. I will go - and nothing you can say will stop me!"

"Five minutes till we reach Lahi." Coppertop reported to Ducky and Wildie.

They both sighed with relief. "Whoo! Bleck, I hate ships in hyperspace!"

"We're almost there, though, thank goodness."

"Right. Now, then, what do we do until we're there?"

"Complain, of course."

Ducky caught Copper's glare and quickly added,

"Just kidding."

The planet loomed nearer, and Copper finally said into her radar,

"Planet Lahi, this is the Assassin 216, requesting permission to land, over.

"Permission granted, 216. Land in docking bay 15, over.

"My thanks, over and out."

Then, they were docked and headed for the Lahi Sale, Coppertop wearing an old black cloak with the silver one thrown over her arm.

Sunrise was setting on the horizon, and streaks of red and gold flashed through the air, leaving their brilliance on the highest mountains. The clouds were on fire with color, as was the sky, and as the sun rose it looked down on Lahi, and everything seemed to brighten. Shadows died away from even the darkest forests, and small birds sang their morning song. The same sun was shining over the Lahi Sale, as three foreign creatures strode boldly foreward. One wore a cloak, and it was plainly a female, forbidding looking and deadly from the leather boots to the sword on her hip. Her eyes were alight with the joy of morning as she approached the Sale. Behind her was a dark ship, and the name was plainly engraved. Many beasts laid eyes on the Assassin that day, and the three beasts approaching. The other two were female, as well, and they walked alongside the cloaked one. They approached one beast and then another, their range knew no bounds. A silent fourth stalked them quietly and finally materialized infront of the cloaked female and raised a foreboding looking dagger. She dropped and rolled to her feet, but by the time she had freed her sword of the scabbard, the mysterious figure had vanished.

She walked on as if nothing had happened, but her heart was beating furiously. Her dream had come true. What did it mean? Questions rippled through her mind, until she remembered her mission. She approached an empty booth and seated herself, her two friends beside her. Folding the silver cloak and laying it on the table, she waited until a customer approached. They held a quiet conversation, until they both nodded, the customer shoved something into Copper's hand, and he and the cloak were gone.

Coppertop
Sep 10, 2001, 04:21 PM
Yipes! Nightmares coming true- what next?

RuxOr and all that stuffness.

Kaz
Sep 11, 2001, 05:46 PM
Wot she said...

Nightshade
Sep 12, 2001, 02:22 PM
CT wont be on for a week!

Oh, the story. Right.

Nightshade
Sep 12, 2001, 02:23 PM
A new chappie:

Chapter3:Two rabbits fight

Tazz slung her long dagger on her hip. She put on a light grey tunic and headed for the door. With her was a small sack of provisions and a spear. Lightly running, she headed for the woods. He had been there, there were footprints-and a-a hole in a tree? She looked twice. It was there, plain as day, an arrow hole, small, but nonetheless a hole. She tracked him until dusk set in and the forest went aglow with red streaks of unquenchable fire. Then darkness fell and all was peace. She set down her spear and sack and formed a small nest of leaves and dry twigs. Then she settled herself down, and the last thought that entered her head before sleep overtook her was that she would resume her quest on the morrow. A small smile crossed her finely shaped features and she relaxed. Weariness was forgotten in silence and the world was hushed as the moon looked down, softly glowing, on the small figure below.

Morning sprung on the forest as Triphe woke. It was sunrise and the fingers of red turned multicolor as crisp frost was melted and heatwaves rose and sunk. He packed the unpacked things and set off, knowing that his father had sent someone after him. It was probably that hated Yazz, for Tazz was a girl. His father would never let an attractive female rabbit, a young one, out on her own on a quest that could take a lifetime. No, it was probably Yazz. He would have to hurry. He stalked off. Yazz couldn't track worth a darn. Good thing his father was too protective of Tazz to let her out on her own. She was the best tracker on all of Medivo! He half smiled as he walked, lost in thought of his sister. She was the only one in the family he cared for. He could share thoughts with her that she would understand, whereas anyone else would scoff at them. He scowled scornfully at the thought of Yazz. That rabbit didn't bear thinking about, so he didn't. He turned his attention to the road ahead, noting every sound and signal in the air. He watched a bird, sitting on her nest, and saw two tiny heads peep out from under their mom. A rabbit crossed his path, a strange rabbit. Unfamiliar. It sauntered up, and he saw it was a female.

Gotta think on who it'll be, so can't write more now.

Nightshade
Sep 14, 2001, 07:19 PM
*sigh*

No replies. . .

Nightshade
Sep 14, 2001, 08:03 PM
Oh well.

Sigh.

The Assassin shook as Copper awoke. Her eyes widened as she read and re-read the co-ordinates. Bolting for the cockpit, she called frantically.

"Wildie! Ducky, someone git in here!"

She pressed a button, feeling the ship leave hyperspace and hearing Ducky come in. She yawned.

"Yeah, CT? Wossa matter? You pulled me outta a good dream. . ."

She yawned again as Copper replied,

"Throw a cupful of cold water on yore face. That oughta solve it. Anyway, the ship's co-ordinates for hyperspace went screwy. We are in unexplored and very. . .I mean very hostile territory. In fact, we're being shot at."

Ducky came fully awake. She stumbled and almost fell over as the ship shuddered in the ferociety of another attack.

"Cummon, Ducky. Lets show these. . .um, aliens, what we can do."

She wheeled her ship and snapped off a shot, scoring an immediate hit. She grinned at her companion and said,

"Well, seems to me that all y'have to do is show these buzzards a bit of resistance and they back off."

She gestured at the retreating ships, not knowing how truly she had spoken. She headed after the fleeing ships until they reached a planet.

"This is Assassin 215, requesting permission to land."

She said, following her usual landing route.

"Rakkachah!Pahmishain grintade, Asrachin tofivvtin. Kahatchaka!"

She landed, and uncertainly got out. The inhabitance seemed to be some sort of bird, looking much like a buzzard or a raven. They seemed to be exeedingly tall, towering above the rabbits and their ship.

An even larger one stalked foreward, it's lethal talons and beak at the ready. It inspected the newcomers intently, made a gesture with it's wing, and seventeen guards appeared, heavily armoured and armed. The leader said carelessly, but in perfect Rabbit speech,

"Ha, rabbit. You would seem to have landed on a planet that could do without you. You are no longer guests here, you shot one of our own precious ships. We will take yours, it is exeedingly. . .ah, shall we say, strange. Capture is inevitable, you are now our prisoners. Guards, take them away."

Nightshade
Sep 14, 2001, 08:14 PM
I should have a second page soon, doncha think. The scroll bar is getting longer and longer.

Nightshade
Sep 14, 2001, 08:16 PM
I should have a second page soon.

I am the Stalker in the night

In the dead of night, in black

Hear a twig crack

Stealth is my game, never going back

To kill under cover of night. . .

For assassin's my trade, you see

And that's what I'm going to be

Al

Kaz
Sep 15, 2001, 10:04 AM
I claim the second page!

Coppertop
Sep 24, 2001, 03:55 PM
Nyah, Kaz. It's Shade's by right. . .

Kaz
Sep 24, 2001, 06:16 PM
<Insert witty comment here>

</Insert witty comment here>

I won't give the page to her, but Nightshade, everytime the post counter gets to a multiple of 40 there's a new page.

Nightshade
Sep 24, 2001, 06:18 PM
I suppose you're all dying for more - not!

*sigh* A week away - and only one reply. . .

It seems that Copper is stealing all the fans.http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Nightshade
Sep 24, 2001, 06:21 PM
Y'all know, dont you, that I need replies to encourage me on.

I LIVE for replies!

Well, replies or not, I suppose I have to write more.

Copper looked into the evil eyes of the bird Chieftain and knew he lied not. A word ran repeatedly through her mind as the guards closed in. Scavengers! She did not realize she had spoken aloud until she saw the face on the bird.

"No one calles an Flo'ich Chief a Scavenger and lives!"

"Then go ahead, bird, then what will you have gained? Nought but no prisoner. Use your head for once, stupid!"

The Flo'ich Chief swelled with suppressed rage and his eyes glittered savagely, dropping back into the bird speech.

"Raktcha! Rabbit, I will have your head to adorn my spear!"

"Oho, so it's insult time, is it? Well let me tell you, my feathered buffoon! You, sir, are nothing but an absolute nincompoop with nothing inside your head but fluff and rocks-aye, and worms! Now, be a good idiot and tell these guards to take their filthy feathers off of us and you can turn around and march right back to where you came from!"

Wild Angel placed a restraining paw on Copper's shoulder.

"Copper, quiet," she said in a low voice.

"I can get us out of here. I have teleport abilities and can teleport anyone I wish, including myself wherever I wish."

"Why did you not tell me before-"

"Shh! Not so loud. Now, you distract him and I'll get us out of here."

"Alright."

Then in a somewhat louder tone, she turned to the king, who was quietly conversing with his guards. She caught his attention by making grotesque faces at him until he turned. He began making faces back.

Copper shook with repressed laughter at the contortions the Chief was making and started insulting him severely.

"Boot bottomed cracked up excuse for a duck-"

She was cut off as the King started with his insults.

"Rakka! Toe headed stub eared half tailed dimwit! I shall kill you!"

"Hahahaha! You should see your face! Unfortunately, I am sad to break the news to you and terribly sorry at dissapointing you, but I'm afraid there'll be no killing on me or my friends. So sorry, ole quackbilled birdbrain."

The king swivelled his head toward Ducky and Wildie, to find his gaze meeting thin air. He turned back to Copper, but she was gone too. Wildie had done her job, and done it well.

Nightshade walked with Kahn after the turtles until they met a grove of trees. The turtles seemed in a big hurry, and soon she found out why. She watched a black cloaked figure sweep out of the trees toward the group.

Its voice had a hiss to it, much like that of a snake, and it rasped harsh questions to the turtle patrol.

"Fools, did ye not know you were being followed?"

A dull turtle stood up, scratching his head.

"Duh, whats that, sir? Uh, no idea."

The rest of the turtles gave a low moan of horror at the beheaded turtle on the side of the trail.

"Idiots, there is no room for blunderers here. Now, would you like to join him?"

The turtles gave a glance at the sword hanging limply in the cloaked figure's hand. One look at the dripping end sent them into a head shaking fury.

The cloaked being swept past them, it's gaze turning toward the rabbit and the hare.

Nightshade whispered to Kahn,

"Looks like we've bin discovered, sah. Time we weren't here."

But it was too late.

The turtle patrol was moving toward them, almost upon them.

"Left it too late to retreat, missie. Lets give them what for, eh."

Yelling warcries, they threw themselves into the group of turtles. Nightshade's daggers were everywhere at once, a flashing beam of light emitted from her blaster.

Kahn went in with no weapons at all. Using his hands and feet, he soon laid four out. He didn't see the cloaked one until too late. As he turned, the deadly blade hit him full in the chest. He swung with his left, even as he fell, and the figure, taken by surprise, fell with him, his neck snapped by the blow.

Nightshade saw her ally fall, and went into an insane rage, battling her way through the foe. The turtles retreated, but found no escape from the assassin. Standing tall, Nightshade threw herself onto one after another, and soon the patrol was vanquished. Sudden exhaustion overwhelmed her as she dragged herself out of the fray. Turning, she remembered her friend, and started searching, knowing she was looking for a body.

She pulled turtles off of the hare and turned away, unable to look at the awful wound. The hare opened one eye and smiled.

"Ach, got me guid that time, lassie. . ." He gasped for breath. "Fraid ye'll have. . .to go without me, eh. But. . . I brought the foe down. . .with me."

His chest heaved and his eyes closed for the last time. Then he was gone.

Kaz was walking toward the base when suddenly the path seemed to change. He frowned as he wandered around, until he found himself lost in the woods. He finally came to a conclusion and took to the air. Flying over the forest, he sought out the right path. He cocked his head at the scene below. It seemed. . . almost like a battle had taked place. He strutted up to a wounded turtle, pointing a wing at him.

"You, what happened here?"

The turtle gulped out the story.

"Rabbit. . .hare. . .vanquished turtle patrol. . .Master. . .Rokkblade. . .kill hare. . .kill turtle. . .rabbit. . .kill me. . .my pals. . ."

He flopped back. Kaz sniffed severely at him.

"Bad manners, going to sleep when there's company. G'bye, turtle."

And he trotted off.

Suddenly, a movement caught his eye.

Before he could move, however, a poisoned dagger appeared at his throat.

A grating voice reached his ears.

"Alright, bird. Who are you and why do you tresspass on Snitchlye territory?"

He was immediately on the alert, but way too late. Ropes enveloped him, and minutes later, he was hauled into the trees and knocked senseless.

He came awake to a throbbing pain in his skull.

He was seated in a branch, with a sharpened stick at his throat.

He looked into the eyes of an evil looking SingeLord.

The Singe folk were well renown and feared throughout this wood. They carried sharpened sticks. . .much like the one at his throat. And never failed to keep a fire nearby, just in case intruders happened to pass, which Kaz had done. They were known for their savageness and. . .well, and eating their enemies.

Just then, Kaz realized what a dire position he was in.

And I guess I'll leave it hanging.

Nightshade
Sep 25, 2001, 03:32 PM
STILL no replies!

Waaaaaah!

Hmph!

Well, I've got no more to post on my story today.

*runs away with pile of JCFers on her tail*

Even though it's not very likely.

Ducky
Sep 25, 2001, 06:06 PM
YaY! Nice continuation but I need mooore... http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

`Ducky

Coppertop
Sep 26, 2001, 02:41 PM
Duckie, are you the only one posting today?

*sobs hysterically*

I need a new hankie, Shade.

And making faces, indeed!

Oh, right. And stealing the fans, indeed!

Nightshade
Sep 27, 2001, 12:49 PM
Oops. I wrote Snitchlye, didn't I? I did! I meant Singechlye, pronounced sing-etch-lye.

Not given to tears, Nightshade arose and left the clearing. Lost in thought, she stumbled over a shard of limestone. . .limestone??? She bent down, picking the shard up. Yes, it was limestone. She looked up slowly. . .and up. . .and up. . .and up! A huge limestone pillar stood in her path, blocking her in. The only way out was to. . .climb over it? She gritted her teeth and decided to try the impossible. She scaled the wall, which seemed never to end. Anywhere she found tiny cracks, she put a paw or claw in. The wall seemed to be leaning outward. She climbed for what seemed an eternity, and suddenly-she reached the top. It was flat, with sloping edges, like an altar, with a hole in the middle. An inscription was carved in a flat stone, and she could not interperate it. It read:

"Wolb htod dniw erehw, emit ni erutuf

Nwonknu seno dna seno devol fo sevarg revo

Tem eno yls dna gnaf

Tey dna

Sdneirf emoceb seimene rettib

Dnelb dneirf htiw eof

Reve nath regonorts

Rehtegot."

She could make no sense of it. It was just mixed up letters, with no meaning to any of them. She tried to lift the tablet, and stumbled backward, dropping the stone. She landed in the hole. The walls were smooth, and found no purchase. She felt the air rushing by her as she dropped. She hit her head on the wall and saw stars. A smell reached her nostrils, and her eyelids grew heavy. Soon she fell asleep all together, urged on by the smell.

She awoke ontop of the pillar. She climbed down the side, not realizing it was the side she had climbed up. She walked through the woods and came to a clearing that looked strangely familiar. Inface, the whole clearing did, except for the fact there were no bodies, turtle or other. She saw a mess of feathers, and walked over to the pile. It had been a bird of some sort, big and red. It had been tied up when it had fallen from a tree with a metal platform on it. On the platform was a place where a fire had once burned, and there was a knife on a bench next to the fire pit. She walked back to the limestone, knowing she had gone the wrong way, but it too was gone. She began to feel nervous. What was going on? A wary feeling crept inside her stomach, worming its way to her throat. She walked past where the pillar had been, and on. The first thing she saw when she left the woods was destruction. Turtles everywhere, burning huts, fighting, and bodies. Carrotus was a mess. She saw signs advertising turtle things. A vague feeling entered her, and she somehow knew that she had gone foreward in time.

But always remember, the future can be changed. . .

Going t'have to wait for the next part, Slate fans!

Violet CLM
Sep 27, 2001, 02:06 PM
Blow doth wind?

Kaz
Sep 27, 2001, 04:15 PM
Doth is a word I'm sure, but you mispelled nath.

Kaz
Sep 27, 2001, 04:33 PM
Great story btw

Nightshade
Dec 11, 2001, 02:47 PM
I finally get to post!

Ah yes, and here is my new part!

Kaz narrowed his eyes and tried to look fierce. He glared savagely at the leader, who glared right back. Kaz looked from the Singe leader to the gang of Singe folk behind their leader. He wisely kept quiet the whole time, though he was dying to say something. He sighed, his wings burning from lack of circulation. The leader just stared, never saying a word. He thought back to where he had come across that turtle. Why oh why hadn't he thought of these guys. Now that he actually did think about it, it was probably these wierd treetop folk that hurt the turtle. He pulled himself up in his seat, aching to scratch his itchy wings. He had resigned himself to a night of uncomfortable silence, with this Singe leader standing over him, quiet as ever.

Coppertop appeared, panting, moments after her companions. She turned angrily to Wild Angel.
"Why on earth did you leave that startling piece of news till now?"
But Wild Angel was not listening. She stared out the window at the ground outside. She replied rather nervously,
"Ah, er, Copper, y'might want to take a small peek outside? Er, er, we're in the Hangar 12, and there's a whole bunch of greasy featherbags and they're. . .er, well. . .I think they're preparing to take her for a test run."
Copper bolted to the window, shouting,
"Those filthy thieving filchers! They'd better not even try!"
Just then, a loud thump rang through the ship, and the engines started. Ducky whispered a warning to her companions.
"Everyone to a hiding place-no noise! Stay there until I give you a signal or until we land. Choose different hiding places, so that if they find one of us they wont find all of us. When I give the signal, we run out and attack them. Agreed?"
They all nodded, and there was a sudden rush for hiding places. A few minutes later, they watched Ducky draw her blaster and shouted,
"Now!"

Ducky
Dec 12, 2001, 11:52 AM
W00000t. Carry on :)

`Ducky

defalcon
Dec 12, 2001, 01:58 PM
Hey Nightshade, could I join? Here's my profile.

defalcon phoenix
Age 17
Male Jackrabbit

Appearance:
NORMAL
Sky blue fur with snow white undercoat (chest fur). Emerald green eyes.

TRANSFORMED
Golden fur with a snowy white undercoat (chest fur). Deep blue eyes.

Clothing:
OUTFIT 1:
Black singlet, purple long sleeved flight jacket, long black pants, black boots, thin belt with black leather pouches, black leather knuckle-gloves (fingers stick out), red headband. His prefered outfit.

OUTFIT 2:
Matrix/Angel style outfit. Dark grey shirt, black leather jacket/trenchcoat, long black pants+black boots, black leather knuckle gloves (fingers stick out).

Hair: Usually has short fur. On occasion, his hair is cut so that it has a large spikey tufft hanging out front, or his may have long hair tied back in a tail. Depends how you want him to look in your story, really.

Weapons:
-Special sling. This weapon appears as a polished leather sling, but instead of rocks it throws high-charged green energy bolts.
-Powerful set of twin blasters, grey in colour. They have many settings, including counterbeam, wide spread and explosive. They're usually too heavy for most to carry.
-Twin swords with golden blades. Only defalcon can wield them. Their handels, with a leather grip encrusted with precious gems, will sear the hands of anyone else who wields them. They enhance his power and are unbreakable. He keeps them on long scabbards on his back.

SPECIAL POWERS
Flying: Whilst flying takes small amounts of energy, it is not draining unless he is completely exhausted.

Transformations: See below.

*Ki-blasts: defalcon is able to shoot numerous Ki-Beams of various forms and various power. He can do one handed and two handed energy beams and bolts.

*Hook-shot: A bluish/gold (depends on form) beam that revolves in a small circle shoots out of his palm. It has some homing capabilities, cuts through most armour and looks like the blade gun from the OEM of JJ2.

*Burning Attack: After some quick hand movements, defalcon holds out his hands side by side and fires a very bright beam. Whilst extremely damaging, he uses it for distractions to follow up with more devastating attacks. Ripped of Trunks on DBZ.

*Big Bang: Okay, a blatent ripoff of one of Vegeta's attacks, but hey - it's cool. defalcon holds out a hand, palm facing the target. The thumb is folder over onto the palm and a ball of energy shoots from his hand.

*Masenko-ha: Ever watched Gohan's special attack? defalcon can do this too, and he packs a punch. Usually done in the air (jumping, hovering etc) there are 3 variations of it:
- His hands are raised above his head, one behind the other, and are then brought down to perform a two-handed blast of energy.
- Both hands held apart above head, where ball of energy forms. It can then be pegged with one hand like a tennis ball.
- One hand held with palm facing sky, other hand holding wrist. Beam is formed on upraised palm.

*Special Beam: A two-handed beam of energy. His hands are brought together and are linked by the thumbs. They are brought in front of him and a massive Ki-blast is expelled from them. His most powerful beam.

*NOTE: If in his normal form, the ki blasts are blue. If in his transformed state then they are golden-yelow.

FORMS:
Normal form: In this form, defalcon is powerful and has his regular blue+white fur.
Transformed state: defalcon's power increases by many times. His blue fur becomes a bright gold and his power is increased by an unmeasurable amount. All of his traits, strenght, speed etc, are enhanced. This form is akin to what a Super Saiyan is in Dragonball Z.

SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
-Ace pilot, equipped with the knowhow to operate most forms of transport, fighting vehicles etc.
-Dead shot with a gun.
-Grade A swordsman, one of the best alive.
-Expert fighter and warrior.
-Able to jump extremely high, run faster than other rabbits, move extremely quickly, is extremely strong and tough, and has heightened senses. This results because of his genetic additions (see history).

HISTORY
defalcon has no knowledge of where he came from until age 17. He is one of the prototypes in a genetic experiment. His creator's goal was to clone the ultimate beiong from the DNA of a supposed god. defalcon was one of the final tests in the lead up to this. As a result of genetic manipulation, he has many extra abilities. His DNA is not wholey rabbit, but has material from several other sources.

Personality:
Whilst usually rational, defalcon can be hotheaded at times. He often sits and talks with friends, enjoying a carrot ale or two.
He has travelled through time so much that he is rarely surprised by anyone or anything. In battle, he either is grim and watchful or fired up and beserk.

Kaz
Dec 13, 2001, 05:50 PM
LIVE!

Kaz
Dec 15, 2001, 11:21 AM
Diy Page caching!

Nightshade
Jan 8, 2002, 03:05 PM
Well, defalcon, I'll get you in as soon as possible, but I have'nt had time to write another part.

Nightshade
Jan 10, 2002, 03:14 PM
Chapter 4
Triphe cast a jaundiced eye over the rabbit, and wondered how he could have possibly thought this was a female. The male Jackrabbit looked to be about 17, with sky blue fur and snow white chest fur. His emerald green eyes shone in the dim light. He wore a black singlet, a purple long sleeved flight jacket, long black pants, black boots, and a thin belt that held black leather pouches. Black leather knuckle-gloves adorned fingers that stuck out, and he wore a red headband. He had short fur, and his hair was pulled back into a ponytail. What appeared to be a polished leather sling hung at his belt, along with a powerful set of twin blasters, grey in colour. Twin swords with golden blades caught Triphe's eye, so brilliant that he would have given anything to wield one. Their handles had a leather strip encrusted with precious gems.
Rather stupidly, Triphe remarked,
"From a distance, you looked rather. . . feminine."
In an instant, he was on his back, with a golden swordpoint at his throat. The strange rabbit spoke softly, his tone deadly.
"Say that again."
Wisely, Triphe kept his mouth shut.
"Er. . .say what again?"
"That's better."
The swordpoint withdrew from his throat, and he ruefully rubbed a thin line of blood from where it had been.
"You've got alot to learn, for a young 'un."
Triphe bristled.
"Like what?"
"Like how to keep your mouth shut instead of making stupid remarks. It could save your life sometime."
Triphe scowled.
The rabbit hardly paid him a glance.
"So, who are you, anyway?"
"Triphe Jackrabbit. And you?"
"Defalcon Phoenix."
"Oh, I've heard about you."
Defalcon's face remained unreadable.
"Heard it from a traveller, who was passing through my city."
"Your city?"
Triphe looked rather embarrassed.
"Er. . . yeah."
"What do you mean by your city?"
"Well, see, it's my city, because I am the son of the king."
"Anyway, who was this traveller?"
Triphe thought hard.
"I. . .I think," he said hesitantly, "That they called her Nightshade, or something."
Defalcon shrugged.
"Never heard of her."
Now it was Triphe's turn to shrug.
"Oh well."

Kaz Algo was most surprised when a black rabbit popped up through the treetop foliage. The rabbit said, in a low whisper,
"Kaz Algo?!"
Kaz tried to force a sound of recognization through his gagged beak, but only a gurgle emmitted.
"Shh, don't struggle! And above all, don't. . .say. . .a. . .word!"
Almost instantly, Kaz fell silent. The rabbit did her work with ease, cooly dispatching two of them with a single thrust. The leader drew his stick from where it rested on the feathers of Kaz's neck, and pointed it at the rabbit.
"Back, rabbit, back!"
The black rescuer drew a sword from it's scabbard on her back, which had been strapped on with a simple leather strap. There was a red pommel stone on the black obsidian hilt. A curved, slender blade that shone like gold was mounted on that hilt, and she swung it with a comfortable easiness that made the leader nervous.
He blinked, seeing a flash of bright gold. In an instant, their positions were reversed, except he was on the ground, a swordpoint prodding his chest.
"No one has talked to Nightshade the Assassin like that and come out of it alive. I do not have pity for my enemies, remember that. However, if you withdraw, and take your mangy vermin with you, I may let you retreat with no harm done, on the condition that you give me the bird."
Stammering apologies, the leader withdrew, taking the Singetchly with him.
Nightshade strode over to Kaz, and cut the bindings from him in a single stroke.
"N-Nightshade?! What are you doing here?"
"I could ask you the same question, Kaz Algo. Didn't expect to see you here."
"But-but how did you know I was here?"
Nightshade shrugged.
"Heard voices in the treetops."
She said offhandedly.
"Now c'mon, let's get going."

Ducky
Jan 11, 2002, 01:16 PM
Wow. You get more fabulous each time.
Spiffy :)

I haven't asked to be in, have I?

`Ducky

defalcon
Jan 11, 2002, 06:53 PM
Wowies! Awesome! Really good story Nightshade, love the suspense and stuff. :)

Want more! Mooooorrrreeee!

Kaz
Jan 11, 2002, 10:51 PM
Lol, hate when anybody calls me by any full name =P.

So... you finnally continued. Good.

Nightshade
Jan 14, 2002, 02:01 PM
Yeah, your in, Ducky. Remember? I just haven't written a part about you in a while.

The Assassin 215 was a mass of confused birds and lazer shots. The cacophony of noise hit Ducky like a tornado. Bewildered birds shot everywhere. The air was full of raucious squawking. In no time at all, the ship was deserted and the trio was left alone. Ducky winked knowledgable at Copper and Angel.
"Ambushes work every time."
"Yeah, I can see that. Oh well, time to get on the move, eh Wildie?"
"Well, then, get moving, Copper! Don't just stand there!"
She grinned brightly, shoving them all along. Seconds later, the ship lifted off.
The Cheiftain arrived just about then, furious and panting. He pointed his wing at the receding ship, flailing about the birds with beak and wings and claws. He shrieked, screaming and cawing until his throat was raw. Not until the ship was out of sight did he stop, retreating to his quarters to take out his rage on his pillow. Then the ship was in space, headed wherever the three rabbits inside pointed it.

Defalcon Phoenix was no less surprised than Triphe, when who should come running up the path but Tazz. Triphe turned, startled, as she bounded toward him. His outrage at being caught was very noticable, however.
"Tazz! What are you doing here?! You-you're supposed to be at home!"
Defalcon looked amused.
"I take it you're his sister that he was talking about? From the way he just greeted you, it doesn't show what he's just been gabbing on about. The way he puts it, you're-"
"SHUT UP!"
He turned to look at Triphe, who was beet red with embarassment. He glared at Defalcon. Defalcon shrugged.
"Well, that is what you said, Triphe, like it or not."
Triphe receded to sulking at the side of the path. Defalcon turned to Tazz.
"Now then, what are you doing here, Tazz? Thought you were back with Yazz."
Surprise showed clearly on Tazz's face.
"Well, since you seem to know me pretty well, who're you?"
"You didn't answer my question. But anyway, I'm Defalcon Phoenix."
"Right. Now, I was sent to bring Triphe back. Father's been awfully worried."
Triphe turned away and wouldn't look at her. Defalcon chuckled. He headed down the path.
"Well, what are you waiting for? We've got to get this young snip back to the town."
Now Triphe turned. His face was red, and his hands were balled into fists.
"I'm not going back there! No doubt Yazz told you all I'd gone! Go back to Father, Tazz, and leave me alone!"
The outburst took her totally by surprise.
"Triphe!" She exclamed. "I'd thought better of you! No come on! Be sensible!" But Triphe rebelliously headed away from her. Defalcon shook his head.
"No point talking to him now, Tazz. The best you can do is go and report to your father that he won't come, then come back and join us."
She nodded regretfully.
"I know. Curse that darn stubborness of him, he got it from his mother. Oh well. The sooner I start, the sooner I'll be back."

defalcon
Jan 14, 2002, 11:48 PM
WOW! Awesome chapter! Coolish!
Like my sig? ;)

Kaz
Jan 16, 2002, 04:04 PM
Nightshade has better english then Rumbo does.

=p, birds are pretty accurate... excellent piece of tale.

Nightshade
Mar 17, 2002, 11:44 AM
New part! I finally managed to get on the Internet!:cool:
Yahoooo!

Steel was lost. Wandering aimlessly, he finally came upon the small town of Tiurekowa. Thankfully seating himself in the Tryo-Tarn, an overpopulated tavern on the outskirts of Tiurekowa, he ordered a Marague. The strong drink would keep his mind off things. While he was waiting, he took stock of his position. The tavern had all sorts of aliens, a couple of Flo'iches, rabbits, and even a few trolls. There were Gulgches, who were monsters, with one long arm and about forty warts. Thirty-seven tentacles adorned the spotted sides. No eyeballs were visible, since this behemoth had eyes in its' palm, but the mouth was horrific. It was drooling all over a very apprehensive-looking worker, its' nostrils working overtime. His concentration was broken by an Arnich, a three-tongued alien, who was carrying his Marague. The Arnich nodded curtly to him, set down the drink, and stalked off. Steel watched it go, his face a mask of disgust. He picked up his Marague, draining the glass with one gulp. He burped loudly, and shook his head to clear it. It was right about then that he saw the rabbit in the corner. Half-finished thoughts flew and disappeared through his muddled brain. Lookit 'im, stannin' there like 'e owns the place. . . He knew he'd drunk the Marague too fast, but at the same time, he couldn't stop himself. Before he knew it, he was facing the rabbit, chipped scimitar at the ready. The rabbit hardly noticed him. Savage thoughts became mixed with fury as he fought to keep sane. But it was useless--almost before the eye could blink, he was prodding the rabbit, shouting out a hoarse challenge. The rabbit cooly drew his sword. It was unlike anything he had ever seen before, and a chill of fear swept through him. Showing no signs of emotion, the rabbit took up his position. By now, bystanders were staring. The rabbit shrugged unconcernedly, his face showing no signs of fear. Steel tried, oh how he tried, to stop himself, but it was like trying to stop a thief from stealing. He took up his position, and swung the scimitar with lightning speed.
The blow was like a club. His hand went numb and the sword was jarred from it. He looked up, expecting to see a sword coming down to finish him off. The rabbit pointed to the scimitar
"Pick it up."
His voice was full of contempt as Steel cowered away.
"I said, pick it up."
Steel hesitated. The rabbits' eyes were hard as flint and his voice like an iron knell.
"Pick it up, coward!"
He prodded Steel's paw forcefully, brandishing the sword.
"You don't want me to use this."
Steel scrambled to his scimitar and then leapt up, yelling triumphantly.
"Yeh, I do, rabbit! Lessee whatcha made of!"
The rabbit raised his extraordinary sword into the air and brought it down with punishing force. Suddenly, it caught fire, flames billowing from it. The onlookers gasped. Steel saw nothing but the enemy in front of him. Suddenly, the look on his face turned to one of pained surprise, and he slid to the floor. Then everything turned black.
The rabbit stood over the unconcious turtle, a mixture of disgust and loathing on his face.
"I don't like turtles." He said, then he sheathed his sword and turned back to the counter, ordering a Carrot beer like nothing had happened.

Kaz was chatting amiably with Nightshade as they made their way through the thick grove of evergreens. Finally, they came upon a small place in the very heart of the forest.
"Well, here it is!"
Kaz gestured for her to enter. Stepping inside, she saw a cozy berth, which looked three times the size of the outside. Couches and tables adorned a candle-lit room, and there were rabbits everywhere. She halted, looking suspiciously around, but Kaz pushed her foreward.
"C'mon, Shade. This is the RP Headquarters."
"'RP', what does that stand for?"
"Rabbit Patrol. Come on, Shade!"
Following Kaz into a dining room, she saw what looked like the leader. Kaz headed straight for him, and she could do nothing but follow.
While Kaz talked with the leader, she set about exploring. She scoured the place from top to bottom, but she found nothing until she came to the ill-used basement. And once there, she saw something that made her freeze.

Yazz stared forlornly out the window. He noticed the lovely sunset seemed wrong, somehow. Yes, there were turtles on the horizon. That was common, but it was the large numbers of them that was wrong. It was like an. . .an army. The meaning of it hit him like a thunderbolt. They were going to attack. Running to his father's chamber, he nearly knocked down the door, beating on it. His father opened it, brows furrowed in concern.
"Is something wrong, son?"
Quickly relaying his story, he was hurried out the door. Back in his room, he showed his father the scene out the window. His dad's face paled, and his mouth dropped.
"This is the worst thing that could have happened right now."
He said.
"Prepare the troops for combat."
Then he left.

Kaz
Mar 17, 2002, 05:07 PM
About time... continue plz!

defalcon
Mar 17, 2002, 11:58 PM
Alright! Nightshade you rule! I was wondering why you stopped. :) Don't stop anytime soon! :D

Nightshade
May 29, 2002, 01:06 PM
Sorry, I haven't been able to get on the internet because of viruses and such. This may be my last part for a while, because we are moving and selling our computers, but this one will be long.

Steel awoke to a burning pain in his side. Groaning, he rolled over and saw he was out in the dusty terrain, with a cold pack to his side. He struggled upright, and looked down at the wound. It was a bad burn, and the cold pack didn't seem to be helping. He ruefully stood up, bleary-eyed and groggy.
What had happened?
He swayed, trying to remember the night's events. All he could remember was a flaming. . .thing, coming at him.
A stab of pain hit him, and he pressed the cold pack even closer to his side. . .and then he remembered.
Right! The. . .the rabbit with the sword. . .that had turned to flame. . .Yes! And so they threw him out here in the hot, dusty plains, thinking he would heal, but hoping he would not.
He stumbled along, hoping to reach civilization. After two hours or so, his feet burned and ached, and the cold pack was a hot pack. A little further. . .just a little further. . .there was a hole up ahead where he could rest.
Thankfully, he flopped down in the cool shade of the hole. Looking up, his brows furrowed as a clicking, scraping noise reached his ears. Oh well. . .he closed his eyes.
They snapped open as a scuttling figure came out of the shadows. Click. Scrape. . .Cliiiccckkk. . .Scraappe. . .his eyes widened as he stared up at the deadly poison barb, mounted on a tail, pointed straight at him.
He didn't feel a thing.

Tazz sped along the path. She stopped so suddenly that she almast fell. What was going on? A turtle landed on her from a tree, bearing her to the ground. Surprised, she tried to scramble out of the way, but suddenly she was spinning, and then all went dark.
She woke to a fire, burning to her left. Groggily, she tried to sit up, but a spear butt knocked her down. A turtle prodded her, calling to someone outside of her line of vision,
"She's awake, Sire."
A creature slithered into view.
"Soooo." It said in a hissing voice.
"The rabbittt awakenssss."
Everything came terrifyingly into focus, and her predicament was quite clear.
She was surrounded by turtles of all sizes and tuff turts, along with lizards and dragons. The great bonfire next to her roared up every time a dragon breathed on it. She was tied to a wooden pole, and there was nothing she could do.

Nightshade bounded up the staircase, just managing to catch Kaz as he rounded a corner, talking with the RP leader. Pulling him to one side, she told him in a low voice what she had seen. Immediately, Kaz turned to the leader, told him to wait where he was, and followed Nightshade down the steps.
It was dark in the basemend, and clicking of pincered spiders sent chills up his spine. Looking warily around, he heard dull scraping sounds, followed by the thud of axes. He followed Nightshade the length of the basement before he saw it.
A band of dirty rabbits gathered in a corner, while about thirty others were digging a tunnel. The clicking grew louder, and he spun around in time to see a behemoth standing over him, eight spiked legs outspread, multihued eyes flashing, and poison dripping from razor-sharp pincers. Drip. Drip. Drip.
He stared up at those hypnotizing eyes, but tore his attention away as he realized that it was not him it was looking at.
Sudden realization overtook him, and he managed to whisper in a hoarse voice only one thing, before there was a yelp, and the spider turned away.
"Nightshade!"
A muffled yell rose above the noise, and Kaz took to the air, following silently as his wings skilfully rose and fell. Scuttling now, the spider's eyes darted around, as every spider, small and large, gathered to it. He could feel millions of eyes boring into him as he flew, but it did not distract him.
A overhanging ledge barely missed him, as he ducked into a huge cavern. Click. Hiss.
A murky smell raised above the clamour of tiny legs.
Drip. Drip. Drip.
Suddenly, his wings were snapped to his sides as filmy webbing engulfed his whole being. A monster, a spider that made the one carrying Nightshade look small, rose into view, rearing to its' full height. Plummeting through the air, he realized that there was very little hope of any of them making it through.

Defalcon stood, arms crossed, as he reprimanded Triphe.
"You acted like a baby back there! Your sister came all this way, to tell you that your family cares, and you sneer in her face and turn away! And then, when I tell you to quit behaving like a child, you have the brass nerve to sit there and sulk! No matter how much you hate Yazz, it won't change the fact that he doesn't hate you! You style yourself as a warrior, but you are, Triphe Jackrabbit. A true warrior would either graciously decline, or go back, not sit there and ignore everyone!"
He threw up his hands.
"I've got a mind just to leave right now, and let you solve this silly problem yourself. Tazz, your younger-aye, younger-sister, knows more about war than you! I don't know why I took up with you, kid. Maybe it was because you had an air of confidence around you. Well, I'll tell you, kid. Being a warrior isn't all fun and roses. It means discipline, it means maturity. It doesn't mean this!"
He swept an arm around at their surroundings.
"Kid, you got alot o' thinkin' to do between now and when your sister Tazz returns. What'll you do then, eh? Sit with your back to her and ignore her, like you're doing to me?"
Triphe turned.
"Defalcon, go ahead, leave! I don't care. You sit there, yelling at me, when you would have done the very same thing in my place!"
His voice rose an octave.
"And when Tazz arrives, I'll tell you what I'll do! I'll turn to her and tell her to get lost, because I'm going my own way!"
He was yelling now, his face beet red.
"And I was not ignoring you! You can sit there, stone-faced, if you want, but as for me, I'm not staying all day, just for the sake of some bent out of shape old hare! And don't you call me 'kid' again! [I]Never![/I}"
Defalcon turned, his face expressionless, but he spoke softly. His tone held a dangerous note, and sparks flew from his eyes.
"You do not do well to reprimand ones with more experience than you. Continue your journey alone, if you wish."
He turned then, and was gone, his last words echoing in the breeze.
"If you have the guts to."
And there was no sign of him anywhere. Triphe, dumbfounded, stared at the spot where he had disappeared, open-mouthed. Now he was alone.

Coppertop whooped as they entered the asteroid belt. Ducky and Wild Angel stood at the viewport, watching asteroids go by. Without warning, something appeared out of the haze of Space, and struck the ship with a crack. Everything spun once, and in a matter of seconds they were in freefall.

I have to get off, now that I've got everyone in a predicament. Well, almost anyone, anyway. I won't be on for a looooooooong time, sorry. About two years, in fact. Hope ya like it! Bye for now.

Kaz
May 29, 2002, 06:29 PM
Two years?!?! We can only hope your writing style doesn't degrade and you don't forget about us... Bye...

No need to repeat myself, multiple pages proves it =P.

defalcon
May 29, 2002, 11:01 PM
2 years?!?!?!?!?!?!? bu...bu bu but Nightshade, why? It takes 2 years?

Coppertop
May 31, 2002, 02:03 PM
She's exaggerating, guys. She's on the Net as much as she used to be, but she found out about Neopets ... :rolleyes:
We'll be here until July 1, and then we're going, but we'll find a way to keep up with y'all. Don't worry; y'still got a month!

Shame on you, Shade, makin' them all sad like that! You know as well as I do that we've still got a month!

defalcon
May 31, 2002, 03:19 PM
Why do you stop at the 1st of July?

Erm, you or Nightshade have ICQ/MSN/AIM?

4I Falcon
Jun 26, 2002, 01:51 PM
I can't believe I didn't notice this topic before. 'Tis very.

Anyway. More profiles. ALL of my characters.

Name: Jack Flash
Personality: Friendly, but also trigger-happy. He will fire at any living (shelled!) thing that moves. He's an extremely worthy ally... unless you happen to be a turtle...!
Appearance: Medium-built, white fur, with red eyes. Bears a slight resemblance to Jazz, despite the fur colour.
Weapons: Twin red blasters, similar to Jazz's. He also keeps a white metal rod handy in case he loses his aforementioned guns.
Special powers: His amazing marksmanship. He can hit a target accurately from as much as fifty metres away.

Name: Captain J. Firefox
Personality: Fiery, and, like Jack, trigger-happy. He's a Captain in the Royal Order of Armed Rabbits (thx Haze!), and is therefore the ranking officer to his cohorts in R.O.A.R.'s operations.
Appearance: Well-built and muscular, red fur, with green eyes. Wears a small, stylized F mark on his left shoulder. Has a black cloak, and only wears it when he's not fighting.
Weapons: Green, one-handed double blastgun.
Special Powers: He can become temporarily invincible, but it tires him out relatively quickly.

Name: Blaze Blackrabbit
Personality: Very mysterious. He lurks in the shadows, and you wouldn't notice him being there unless he wanted you to.
Appearance: Medium-built, black fur, with yellow eyes. He also wears sunglasses to protect his eyes, and to prevent anyone from seeing them if he's hiding somewhere.
Weapons: Small black Dhareinger. With a silencer, of course.
Special Powers: None, except for his excellent mastery of the art of camouflage and hiding.

Name: Headcheese
Personality: R.O.A.R.'s answer to Spaz Jackrabbit. She's mildly insane, and was only accepted into R.O.A.R. because she was Jack's younger sister. There's a rumour that she was born early, and didn't have enough time to develop. Despite her slight defect, it's a good idea to have her on your side. Otherwise, you just might get roastificated.
Appearance: Blue fur, yellow chest fur. She has the same kind of "lazy-eye" as Spaz... but unlike Spaz, she has a tail.
Weapons: Green blast pistol. She can also be seen occasionally with a small mallet.
Special Powers: She can be disconcerting to even look at sometimes. Whether or not that's a special power, I'm not sure.

Name: Wizard of Odds
Personality: The brains of the outfit. Although he doesn't look like your run-of the-mill brainiac, he is. He plans the strategies for a generous portion of R.O.A.R.'s operations, or at least has a hand in planning them. He also creates schematics for some of R.O.A.R.'s machines.
Appearance: He has purple (?!) fur, and wears a small set of glasses (not huge, Poindexter-esque ones; as I said, he's not quite your run-of-the-mill genius). He also totes a small green backpack. No one has ever seen what he carries around in his pack, though.
Weapons: A pair of yellow blaster pistols.
Special Powers: None. Other than his incredible intelligence, of course.

And, if you need even more nemeses:

Name: Buster Tank
Personality: The evil guy. Tank used to be a henchman to Devan Shell, but after the latter died to Jazz, Tank used brute force to take command of his army. He’s not quite as smart as Devan, but he’s physically stronger. Not only that, but he knows how to use Devan’s machines. Jack, Firefox, and the others really have a threat on their hands now.
Appearance: Looks like a Tuf Turtle, but he’s a bit larger, and less defined. Still able to pack a punch, though.
Weapons: Brute force. He’s also stolen a few weapons from Devan’s armoury for his own use.
Special Powers: None.

Name: Slicer Tank
Personality: The smaller evil guy. Slicer Tank is Buster Tank’s little brother. However, just because he’s smaller than Buster doesn’t mean he’s any less brutal. While Buster is physically stronger than Slicer, the younger one is smarter, and more weapons-proficient. Now there’s two threats to deal with. Time to kick shell.
Appearance: Like his older brother, but a bit smaller. Like a young Tuf Turtle. He always seems to have a sly grin on his face.
Weapons: Any gun that comes to hand. It’s even rumoured that Slicer got a hold of Devan’s super blaster, which he used in his final fight against Jazz.
Special Powers: He’s relatively fast for a turtle. He can also slide on his back (the top of his shell), giving him offense, defense, and speed all at the same time.

so there.

Nightshade
Aug 14, 2002, 11:16 AM
I'm back for a half hour to post a new part to my story.
I missed the JCF a bunch, and am happy to be on.
F1 falcon, I'm not sure if there is a spot I can put a charactor, but I'll try.
Anyway, here goes. Hope ya like it.

Copper hit the edge of the ship, and struck the bottom. Everything was whirling like a top. Ducky was laying unconscious at the back, where she had fallen, and Wild Angel was holding on to a wall. Painfully crawling to the cockpit, Coppertop attempted to pull the ship back on course, but to no avail.
Wild Angel staggered upright, and made her way beside Ducky. She noticed a spot of blood staining Ducky's tunic. Acting quickly, she dragged her friend to a corner and propped her against a wall.
Coppertop saw a red flashing button. The engines were overheating. She looked through the cockpit window and saw a planet loom into view. They would smash through the atmosphere and be killed upon impact.
The engines ignited with a roar, and a wave of heat hit her. The ship was exploding. She saw the back room burst into flame, and thought desperately of Wild Angel and Ducky. But as she looked back, they entered the atmosphere. She closed her eyes, and braced for impact.

Defalcon looked around the forest. He knew that the young Triphe would not last a moment. Still he walked on.
A crack behind him made hijm whirl around, his hand on his sword hilt. Nothing. Suddenly, he was surrounded by turtles. They were in a ring, all carrying weapons of some sort. Not that it bothered him. He just kept on walking.
A large turtle licked his blade and winked at his friends. They closed around him. He was fighting for his life with his sword when he broke through the ranks. He kicked a turtle out of his way, and took off into the forest. Sounds of pursuit quickly diminished, and he stopped running. He sheathed his sword and waited for what lay ahead.

That's all I can write for now, but maybe I'll be able to write some more soon.

-Nightshade the Assassin

Kaz
Aug 14, 2002, 03:45 PM
Wow... my user CP wasn't lying to me afterall. Spiffin for a half hours work. Hope you can be on more (and shame to the neopets!)

defalcon
Aug 15, 2002, 12:30 AM
Nightshade, it's great. :) Will tide me over for a little while onger while I wait for Kovu to write more. ;)

Nightshade
Nov 25, 2002, 11:57 AM
There will be no more updates on this thread by Nightshade. Shade has left the JCF, but she may return. Until then, Nightshade is Coppertop (whose username does not work.) Sorry, guys.