PDA

View Full Version : iz dat sum Tyrian remix?

DoubleGJ
Nov 12, 2006, 03:13 AM
Recently I remembered myself how I played Tyrian long ago... Geez, I really should get back to this game. But the point is, when I started thinking about it the most memorable tune - the one that played in the first level - has literally invaded my mind. I started playing this music on my keyboard (yeah, only from memory), so I wrote down the notes and made a remix. It's rather simple, but I wanted it to sound like punk rock, so I balanced between my regular style and minimalism. This is what came out.

http://www.savefile.com/files/180696

Constructive criticism and suggestions are highly appreciated as I can still change it.

PurpleJazz
Nov 12, 2006, 12:45 PM
Very nice DoubleGJ!

I love the rock theme you added to the song!

Strato
Nov 12, 2006, 03:02 PM
The main instrument is awfully annoying. But as far as technical accuracy it's surprisingly good, with the drum beat and stuff.

Sonyk
Nov 12, 2006, 05:06 PM
The remix's accuracy is great, but the main insturment is really painful to hear and totally ruins it for me. If you could change that to something that didn't sound like a bunch of scratches, it'd be worlds better.

Doubble Dutch
Nov 12, 2006, 05:17 PM
Have to agree there; the song is great except for that one instrument, that needs a little tweaking.

Ylle
Nov 13, 2006, 06:19 AM
While the overall tune is really nice, please, get better samples/soundfont/VSTi!

KRSplat
Nov 13, 2006, 06:27 AM
I've never played Tyrian and have never heard the original song. The tune you've come up with is great, but as everyone has already told you, you need a better lead instrument sample. :P

DoubleGJ
Nov 13, 2006, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the suggestion everybody, it might sound funny now but nobody has pointed that out before. =P
(FLSlayer can be actually an even bigger pain than guitar wav samples)

Erik
Nov 16, 2006, 10:23 AM
you used Slayer (-)

ThunderPX
Nov 16, 2006, 11:16 AM
It's impossible to make guitars sound good unless you record a real guitar.

DoubleGJ
Nov 17, 2006, 03:02 AM
Buy me one. D=

Erik
Nov 17, 2006, 04:33 AM
or ask someone else, that's what I did for the 3demo remix

ThunderPX
Nov 20, 2006, 11:18 AM
I have a decent amp and friends with guitars, so ask me any time (I can play somewhat decently.)