PDA

View Full Version : Prelude to..."Fair Trade"

Fae
Sep 2, 2001, 12:14 AM
Asnabel Rutofski looked slowly around the broken down transport, sweating profusely, worried about the choices he had just made in the last 24 hours...His life had gone from school, fun, and games to hoping he wasn't shot down on his way to what remains of the Diamondus sewage systems, aka Rebellion headquarters. He really didn't know why he was doing this revolution, why he was risking it all for the chance to go down as hero. It was stupid, it was suicidal, and things were looking quite bleak. Everything was on the downside since Christopher Calen and his little group of mercenaries took power in Diamondus, they were all that really kept him in power, he was mostly a puppet ruler. Nobody else seemed to notice, except for, of course, the Rebellion.

The rusty transport creaked to a stop, opening a small hatch in the middle of the open area where troops once sat. A ladder slid down and the pilot shouted out, "Okay, kid, get oof the bloody transport before I kick yee oof." Asnabel grumbled, and slid his hands and feet to the sides of the ladder, sliding down quickly down right next to the sewer entrance. Looking off to his left, two of Calen's lackeys were heading his way, having spotted the transport...this was not in the mission plan, he thought to himself as the two heavily armed street patrollers ran his way. Instantly panicking, he made a dash for the nearest alley, running for his life. Back behind him he could hear the soldiers yelling, one of them barking out orders to the other...followed suddenly by an explosion...they took out the transport...they had just cut off the only source of new blood for the Rebellion in one clean sweep...they weren't after him, they could care less...

Asnabel stood still in the alley for what seemed an eternity...waiting as the soldiers came and scrapped what usable remnants were left of the transport...but after a while, they left...he slowly crept out of the alley, and made a bee line straight for the sewers, making his way in...Stepping around the corner, he didn't get the welcoming he was expecting. Instead he was met with a knife pressed up to his throat. "What the bloody, bloody, bloody, BLOODY ****are you doing here...wait a second, it's the albino kid, eh?" he says, pushing him away. "Name's Ray Kozicki, leader of this fine organization here. Get used to the faces around here, I doubt we'll be seeing new ones for a while after what happened up there. Took down the only trans we have with one shot from an RPG-7. I take that back, don't get too used to the faces around here, they might not be around for too long, we've got a bit of a habit of losing fine soldiers around here." Asnabel nodded, and rose to his feet, dusting his white fur off, and squeezing some of the sweat off of them…all this for the chance to become a hero...?

<center>To be continued...</center>

And, no I'm not accepting profiles.

Kovu aka Alec
Sep 2, 2001, 07:41 AM
Nice...I like it.

Mwaha, british talking rabbits, what a concept.

Kaz
Sep 2, 2001, 08:29 AM
Wot he said. Indeed to what Kovu said.

Ducky
Sep 2, 2001, 10:47 AM
Wow. Thats nifty.

Cool.......

....oh yeah. *cough*

`Ducky

*BlackSheep
Sep 6, 2001, 07:43 AM
Redwall...

Cough...

Fae
Sep 24, 2001, 11:07 PM
Ray walked off towards another part of the sewers. Asnabel followed close behind. A low noise off in the background soon rose to a low roar as they approached a more remote part of the sewers. A few flickering lights were slowly noticeable off in the distance of the rather dreary, dark sewer that had become Headquarters for the Rebellion. They soon reached a rickety, poorly put together door, loud sounds of yelling and loud music coming from behind the door. Ray took a deep breath, and knocked loudly twice on the door, and suddenly the room went silent.

Ray slowly opened the door to reveal a small room with a line of four cots on each side of the room. Next to each of the cots, a different Rebel soldier stood next to their cots, all the cots looking identical. Ray looked slowly around the room, then nodded once, and said, "At ease, Soldiers." At once all eight soldiers in the room went to ease. "Alright. Soldiers, this is Asnabel. He's the new Recon agent for the group. Asnabel, meet the force." he says, starting to point at each different soldier in turn.

"First off, munchkin, this is Daniel. Daniel's got the claim to fame here as the buff bunny in black who heads the assault teams. Get used to his face, you'll be seeing it a-bloody-lot throughout your work." he said first, pointing to a large black rabbit in the back. By his cot were many different weight sets, attributing to the rabbit's rather large muscular physique. The man nodded slowly to Asnabel with a grin on his face, "Look at what the recruitment drug in this time. A little albino bunny, eh?" he said with a small chuckle, then gave Asnabel a nod of respect. Ray moved on to the next soldier.

The next soldier in the line was a very sleek, sexy red fox. "Alright, this is Yugata. She's the foxy lady with the steadiest arms in the business. That's why she's the team's sniper. Don't even try to get a date, every boyfriend she's even had dies in battle after their second date. So we don't allow any more of our men to fall to her curse. Understood?" Ray's question was more of an order, but Asnabel nodded anyways. Yugata didn't say a word, she just took the moment to stretch and show off her near-perfect body with a bit of an evil grin on her face.

"This is Andr...errr...Andy. He's Commander of the Aquatics Assault Division...and the only bloody member left." he says, pointing at a penguin standing over in the corner with a pair of tinted swimming goggles on. He nods to Asnabel slowly, "Hey, kid, you got spunk...you remind me of one of the first members of my crew. He was great, too, definitely one of my favorite guys to hang around with back in the war. We made it through alot of tough times together, like one time we had to a--" he said, but was cut off by Ray, "There will be time enough for your war stories later, Andy. We've got to get all the way around." he said, the other soldiers chuckled a little and Andy blushed red a bit.

Ray continued to move his finger, finally reaching the man closest to the front on that side of the room. A rather tall brown rabbit, just barely shorter than the behemoth that is Daniel. "That right there is Napek...he's head of the Intelligence around here, smartest guy out of the bunch. Problem is, Napek here had an accident a while back, in which he lost use of his vocal chords. No worries, though, our buddy has his ways of communicating. If you need to know it, he'll find a way to tell you." he says. Napek nodded slowly in approval as he listened to Ray, then miled widely and nodded a final time.

Ray's arm started to get tired, so he instead walked up to the next one in line. "This is Robert. Robert's one of Daniel's assault boys. Yes, he is a turtle, but in times like this, all allies we can get are regarded the same regardless of what they are." Roy said with force in his voice. Asnabel sneered a little at Robert, and Ray instantly turned around. "Robert is as useful and trustworthy an ally as you are kid. You ever pull a stunt like you just did, and we'll leave you for dead." he said, turning back to Robert. Robert nodded twice, and flexed slightly, "Calen's got me as opressed as he's got you, and the dude's one of your kind nonetheless." he said with a shrug. Ray growled a little at Robert, "He shall not make any slurs to you, and you shall not refer to anyone as 'our kind.' We're in deep, and we're in it together as brothers in arms. There shall be no distinction between Rabbit, Fox, Turtle, Penguin or---"

"Birds." Ray said, as he moved and stood to the next two soldiers. "These two are Billy and Tommy. They're twins. I'll let them put in their two cents, then we'll move on to the final one." he said, looking to Tommy, then to Billy. Tommy shrugged, "We're here for two things. To take care of anything with wings, and to help out any of the Main Assault Force guys." Tommy said distinctly and calmly, then letting Billy say what he wanted. Billy took a deep breath, "Like he said we blast the ****out of anything that flies, and we show some love for you ground guys when you're getting your butts fried to kingdom come and back. I've been flying since I was a little kid, and believe you me, I can handle anything that Calen's got up his sleeve and then some, my friend. You just stay out of my fire path." he says, words flying from his mouth at breakneck speed. Asnabel just tried to keep up and nodded slowly.

Ray rolled his eyes as he walked ever so slowly to the last one in line. "This is the last assault boy...his name is Joey." he said as he arrived at the end of the room. Joey was a bit of a tall, skinny, grey colored rabbit. His eyebrow was pierced and had a golden ring through it. And his hair was matted and uncombed,.Joey stood with his arms crossed, and a tough-guy look on his face. "What's this kid's story?" Joey asked, just as Ray was about to turn away. Ray was about to open his mouth, but looked over to Asnabel. "Why don't you tell everyone here your story, kid? Im sure they'd be delighted to hear it." he said with a slight smirk.

"Alright...well...I come from the Rutofski family of scholars and scientists...I went to private schools most of my life...I got recruited through a childhood friend of mine who was going to be transported here tomorrow...but I guess he won't be making the trip." he said, and as he mentioned the transport being shot down a low roar picked up in the room. People didn't like it...it meant all the force they had were the ones stationed there right now. If it weren't for the fact their leader was one of the most charismatic rabbits around, the ground would've obviously have lost hope. Ray was good... unfortunately the truth was the force there consisted of 10 fighters...

And one little girl. A barely teenage girl rabbit with candy pink hair walked into the barracks room. "Hey, daddy." she said, looking over to Ray. Ray looked over to her and smiled, "Yes, what is it, dear? I just finished introducing Asnabel here to the others." he said to her. She looked to him and smiled widely for a moment, then she giggled and looked to the ground, then back up to her father. "I couldn't get to sleep..." she said, and Ray nods. "Alright...I'll be in our room in a minute, and I'll read you a story or two. Okay?" he asked. She nodded happily, and smiled at Asnabel again before skipping off out the door and hooking to the left. Napek walked towards the door shortly after she did, and went to the right of the door.

"Alright, Asnabel, we need to get you settled into your room. Inside the base, we usually do not wear clothes inside the HQ, but always dress in the uniform provided inside your room. And before you ask, yes your getting your own room. It's unlived in and will smell rather...unsanitary at first, but remember this is a former sewer, alright?" Ray asked, not even waiting for an answer before he was out of the door and across the hall. He opened another makeshift door, blasting out a very cold breeze, adding a chill to the mildly cool air in the hallway as Asnabel quickly ollowed. Asnabel ran into the room as fast as he could, breathing in as little as possible to avoid gagging on the air. The room was rather empty, containing only one cot, and a wooden box containing three different changes of clothing resting at the foot of the cot. "It's gonna get cold in here at night, but unfortunately you're going to have to live with it until we can get some new recruits in here." Ray said, exiting the room as swiftly as possible, and shutting the door behind him.

Ray was right, Asnabel thought to himself as he sat down on the cot, and looked around the room. He shivered a little, and sighed deeply, rubbing his face hard. "This is crazy...I just hope I can get the names down..." he said to himself. Asnabel shivered again, and stood up to run a few paces around the room trying to keep warm. After a few laps, Asnabel decided to get in some much needed training, but just as he was about to start there was a knock on the door. Curious, he walked over and opened it. It was Sarah, Ray's daughter again. This time she was dressed up in a cute dress, and curtsied as he opened the door. "Ummm...Hi there, little girl." he said a bit nervously. "Little? I'm thirteen, Asnie." she said with a small giggle. "You are little to me, I just turned 15. Asnie?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "Hehe. It's the name I gave you, Easier to say than Asnabel. Anyway, I brought you this jacket to keep you warm." she said, raising up a small gray cotton jacket and handing it to him. "My name's Sarah. I guess Ill see you around, Asnie." she said with a small giggle, and skipped off again. Asnabel looked across the hall at the closed door, which abruptly opened. Daniel stepped out of the door and took two large steps over to stand directly in front of Asnabel. "Listen, little punk, Sarah is Ray's daughter. Nobodytouches Sarah, period. You stay away from her, and you won't get hurt. You got me, fool?" he said angrily. Asnabel nodded and gulped, "I ummm..." he was about to say something, but Daniel pushing him back into the room and slammed his door, nearing causing it to fall apart. Asnabel stumbled backwards and tripped over his cot, landing hard on the cold metal ground, and skinning his elbow. He got up, dusted himself off, and crawled onto the cot, deciding to get in a short nap before the day ended.

It was an hour or two before he woke up, and it was dark outside. He was informed by the recruiter most of the crew went above ground to head to a local bar, and wind down the day there. He had suggested it was best to go, and Asnabel was ready to comply. He stood up, stretched a little, and pushed down his hair. Asnabel bent over and grabbed one of the sets of clothing from the box, the one specifically for casual things. He quickly slipped it on, it consisted of a white t-shirt, blue boxers, slightly faded blue jeans, white socks, and a baseball cap. He grabbed one of the three pairs of shoes under the cot, this pair were slightly worn sneakers, and slipped them on. He stood up and made a beeline for the door.

Once outside the door it was rather obvious everyone else had gone, so he headed towards the office, on his way running into the only one around. It was Sarah again, and she was waiting for him by the exit with a smile. "I was hoping you'd wake up sometime today, silly." she said with a small giggle. Asnabel just rolled his eyes, waved to her, and climbed the ladder up to the surface. Once on the topside, the bar everyone hung at, Curly's, was rather obvious, and Asnabel slowly walked towards it. The guard at the door stopped him for a moment, and Asnabel looked up at him. The guard nodded to the kid, and stepped out of the way to allow him inside the bar.

Inside the bar, Asnabel looked around for the other rebels. There was a Heavy Metal band blaring away on stage. None of the rebels except Andy and Robert were sitting together, everyone else seemed to be enjoying themselves elsewhere. Yugata was busy hitting on one of the patrons, Daniel was doing pushups off in a corner, Joey was in the mosh pit, with Tommy and Billy on opposite sides of the half-circle between the pit and the stage, headbanging a little. Ray was sitting alone drinking at the end of the bar, away from Andy and Robert, who were sitting about halfway through it. Asnabel shrugged and walked over towards him, taking a seat next to him.

Ray looked over to him, and grumbled a little. "Kid...I thought you were a-bloodly-sleep." he said, half-drunk. Asnabel shook his head, "Yes, sir. I was taking a nap, I woke up...and the recruited told me this was the hangout at night." he replied. Ray let a bit of an uncharacteristic burp out, then chuckled a little. "Yeah, whatever kid...this is the hangout, we go here to get away from the other soldiers while still sticking close to each other...get the bloody idea?" he said, a bit rudely to Asnabel, who quickly took his hint, stood up, and moved down closer to Andy and Robert. They weren't talking very much, though, but they seemed alot closer than some of the others in the room, despite the almost universal hatred of turtles most of the people in the war seem to have. A bit of an odd couple.

Meanwhile Yugata was starting to bore of her latest boy toy, and she just pushed him away. She was wearing a tight black leather top, and matching pants, with black high heels. She was walking over towards the bar, when all of a sudden she stopped and looked down. Standing right behind her and off to her left was a small, young red rabbit with his hand inside her pocket. She glared at him angrily, and pulled his hand out of her pocket, and he quickly moved his into the pockets of his baggy cut-off jean shorts. "I cannot believe you little pervert! You were trying to get in a feel on me!" she screamed, and the entire bar went silent and turned to the two.

The young boy stood there in shock for a moment, before Yugata swung back and slapped him across the face, and quickly drug him outside. Asnabel, Ray, and Tommy all slipped away and followed her outside. Meanwhile inside the bar, things paused for a moment, then picked up again started by the band starting up an angry breakup tune. Out in the alley, Yugata drew her knife and shoved it up to the boy's throat, holding it tight up against his skin. "Little perverts like you don't deserve the air you breath...you wait a few years before you try and get with me." she says, adding a bit of dry humor inside of her angry yelling.

The young boy, scared out of his mind quickly nodded. He was shaking violently, and really didn't know what was going on. "What's your name, kid?" Yugata asked, her voice sounding very forceful and demanding. The kid took a deep breath, "Name's Andrew, Andrew Decraft." he answered. Yugata chuckled a little, "Same first name as our old buddy Andy...that's beside the point. Your a little pervert, you know that? And you know what I do to perverts? Well...a few of the perverts, at least." she said with a giggle.

Just as she was about to continue her speech, a hand was placed on the child's head. Yugata looked up, and put the knife away quickly. The man was Napek, and he pulled the kid back close to him. Napek was wearing a white lab coat, some reading glasses that were meant to look like like real ones, a pair of black slacks, and a pair of black dress shoes. Yugata stepped back into the bar angry, and feeling a little emberassed. Ray and Tommy followed closely after, leaving only Asnabel, Napek, and Andrew outside.

Napek kneeled down and looked into the kid's eyes. He pointed at the kid, then to himself, and rubbed his fingers together to symbolize money. Asnabel looked confused, "Your asking the kid to pay you for saving him?" he asked. Napek looked back and shook his head, then did the same to Andrew again. "Alright...so I stole a little cash from her." he said, pulling a small wad of money out of his pocket and handing it to Napek. Napek nodded to the kid, and the three of them walked back into the bar.

Asnabel went and explained what happened to Ray, while Napek stayed with Andrew, keeping a close eye on him. Billy was now over at the bar, and Joey had stepped out of the mosh pit and into the ring to take a break. Andy and Robert were still at the bar, talking about the war obviously, comparing stories, and trying to piece together exactly what happened. Apparently like they have done every night for a few years now. Nobody knows how those two met, some people have theorized that Robert was part of the Land/Sea force and they met in battle, but there's not a person who really knows for sure.

Ray slowly walked towards the kid, an angry look on his face. "I'd slit your throat, but I think my daughter would like you, kid. So Im giving you one chance to live past today. You come and fight for us." he more or less ordered the kid, who just nodded for the sake of agreeing to his terms at least. Ray grabbed the kid, and dragged him back outside, where they made their way down into the sewers. Not too long after that, the other rebels made their way down, no more than two at a time. Andy and Robert were the first ones out of the bar, followed by Napek, the twins, then Yugata, and finally Asnabel.

<center>To be continued...</center>

Sorry this chapter was a little short, try to do better next time...But hey, I try, thanks for the great replies..

"It's whole effect, of oh my god! He's running at me...with a flamethrower!" - Matt hall

Death becomes you,

Fae

Ducky
Sep 25, 2001, 06:27 PM
Spiffy. Deep. I like it http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

`Ducky

GuMmYBeAr!
Sep 27, 2001, 01:44 PM
w00, i read it all! n.n

tehe, gweat gweat... keep writin n.n n.n

Kastyr[Yautja]
Sep 27, 2001, 08:11 PM
Wow...great story. Rock on, Fae!

Wild Angel
Oct 6, 2001, 09:09 PM
W00t!
R0ck 0n!