PDA

View Full Version : my creative senses are tingling

Odin
Nov 4, 2007, 01:22 PM
I feel like dusting off JCS and making one last level before I move on to learning level design for new games. The general theme for the level is sketched out in my head, and it'll probably take me a month and a half to hammer out, from concept to release. However, I can't decide what gametype it should be. I've narrowed down my choices to Battle, SP, or CTF, but I'm still not sure. Pick for me.

FQuist
Nov 4, 2007, 01:44 PM
CTF <a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showpost.php?p=276197&postcount=36">Base Construction</a>, of course!

Odin
Nov 4, 2007, 04:00 PM
CTF <a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showpost.php?p=276197&postcount=36">Base Construction</a>, of course!

I loved this concept

there really needs to be a BC levelpack

FireSworD
Nov 5, 2007, 12:43 AM
Single player, if you have an active imagination it can be quite fun. It is not easy however.

Making decent (I am not talking about high ratings) MP levels theese days is much harder than you think.

Also, may I ask what other games you're planning to make levels for?

Odin
Nov 5, 2007, 12:29 PM
Single player, if you have an active imagination it can be quite fun. It is not easy however.

Making decent (I am not talking about high ratings) MP levels theese days is much harder than you think.

Also, may I ask what other games you're planning to make levels for?

I want get into 3D design, so I'm starting small. After JJ2 I'm gonna get into Duke 3D and Quake, and I'll see where I go from there.

cooba
Nov 7, 2007, 07:43 AM
Has anything from the Quake level design scene inspired you to get into 3D design? And if so, what in particular?

(just curious)

Odin
Nov 7, 2007, 04:04 PM
Has anything from the Quake level design scene inspired you to get into 3D design? And if so, what in particular?

(just curious)

Nothing about Quake, but 3D gaming in general. I love level design, and since there's practically no 2D games out there, I have to move onto 3D. The BUILD engine (Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, etc.) is arguably the easiest-to-learn 3D engine, and there's still a Duke 3D level design scene. Designing levels for Quake looks plain fun.

Anyway, I take it that the majority of the community wants me to make a single player level (it'll probably be two or three extra large ones, think EvilMike's level pack series). I'll get to work.