PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 2D artists

xraven13
Aug 5, 2008, 12:20 PM
Hi!
We are looking for 2D pixel artists that can make 2 tilesets for our game,both locations are forests.(if you think you can help in something other then scroll down)
Style of graphic should be something like this :
http://www.dopefish.com/images/jazz2.jpg Game is 2D side scroller platform with elements
of RPG and adventure and we designed really good ideas and implented them.Exploring in
game is like in Legend of Zelda games but battle is shooter like Jazz 2. In team there is
1 designer,1 manager,7 programmers,1 graphic artist,2 sound artists,1 writer and some
other people that helps around.So you can see we really need more graphic artists...we are
with design at 70% and with programming at 30% and doing fine but there is not much thing
done in graphic. We plan to release demo of our game before 1.11.2008 so you can help us

with graphic until demo is released or you can be with us whole project. So if you wanna

help you can join our team. Just to say that when demo is released everything will be much

easyer,to find more people that can help,to get more sponsors and stuffs like that.
If you can add me on msn so i can explain you all :
xraven13@windowslive.com or on yahoo: xraven13@yahoo.com for more details or send me pm
here. We have forum,wiki and irc room. Project is unpaid now,we are all volunteers,but if
our game will be good enough,and all is ok now except graphic ,we will sell the game and
there will be money.You will also be able when looking for jobs in video games companys to
show them that you already worked on game and have experience in that.
right now we need mostly artist that will do something from this list,you can choose

anything you want from this list:
-ANIMATION of main character - we got sprite -for demo we need

walking,running,jumping,pushing and draging objects,falling,holding on edges,climbing on

ladders,double jumping.
-NPCs - we need around 20 NPCs total that look similar though.
-ANIMATIONs of monster - simple animations of around 10 monsters,walking and attack
-TILES - for 2 different locations,both of them are forests
-WEAPONS - 3 weapons , but each weapon have 3 LVs so its 9 weapons total
-enviroment items - for 2 different locations
-icons of ITEMS - around 20 icons
-special effects - simple ones - around 20 of them
-logos,menu screens,buttons and stuffs like that
-other things are already taken

-you can always try and we will see do you qualify
-for more informations about project check out this link :
http://gamedev.dailyforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=113&p=1818#p1818
-first post is about technic details,and second post is about story,gameplay and other
stuffs
-you can register on our forum,but until you become developer you will not see all threads

Cya,MK

n00b
Aug 5, 2008, 12:24 PM
You know what? Screw it. I might actually do this. Working on the main character's animations would be a good way to kill a weekend and I'm trying to build up a pixel portfolio anyways.

Can I see the main character's design before I commit to the project?

xraven13
Aug 5, 2008, 01:12 PM
hey..here is sprite -
-old one - http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/1813/spriteolduj7.png
-new one - http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4741/spriteyt4.png
you can also adjust it to your wishes :)

n00b
Aug 5, 2008, 06:59 PM
Okay thanks, I'll contact you once I got the most essential stuff (walking, running, jumping) done.

xraven13
Aug 6, 2008, 12:44 AM
great :)
thx for helping..anyway if you are interested to come to irc room,forum or something,just send me pm or ask here ..

Dermo
Aug 6, 2008, 07:42 PM
What makes you think that this project isn't going to be a bust?

Every other one was...

(hold on to the sprites and xraven13, if you could please hide the sourcecode in a descrete location and tell only a trusted community member, that would be great ;) We would love to have something to continue off of in case this thing falls through. Just my idea)

xraven13
Aug 7, 2008, 02:05 AM
well we are not bunch of kids that plays around,but we are all older then 18 or near it..we know each other irl,go to same college and already working on it 3 months..and we are not planning to quit it..and you can think what ever you want,lol,it is same to us..just wait and you will see..
and game will be open source,if not from start then after some time..and we are building level editor that you can run anytime you want,you move with character around while placing tiles,you can load any tile you want from your pc etc,build quests,puzzles,place monsters,edit their abilitys,make new ones and stuffs like that..:)

Dermo
Aug 7, 2008, 09:33 AM
It sounds really good and I hope what you're saying is true.

and i'm not trying to say you're young and dumb. I'm just saying that most people end up giving up. Also you might wanna release a shareware version (I noticed you said you were going to release a demo) and give out the sourcecode for the shareware, not the full version.

Final question: What engine are you basing the game off of?

<stubborn (-)>

xraven13
Aug 7, 2008, 10:50 AM
We are programming in Python using Pygame ( SDL) as the base engine...

Marijn
Aug 18, 2008, 08:42 AM
Nice. I notice that you dont really like to press enter/return but you should try it more.

However I will wait for a nice demo!

master sven
Aug 20, 2008, 12:51 AM
Do you guys need someone to check the grammar?

Dermo
Aug 20, 2008, 06:35 PM
m8 tehr gramar iz perfectal !!!11!

Odin
Aug 29, 2008, 05:02 PM
It sounds really good and I hope what you're saying is true.

and i'm not trying to say you're young and dumb. I'm just saying that most people end up giving up. Also you might wanna release a shareware version (I noticed you said you were going to release a demo) and give out the sourcecode for the shareware, not the full version.

Final question: What engine are you basing the game off of?

Given your private MapleStory server <pipedream of a> project I find this hilarious.

xraven13
Sep 26, 2008, 04:05 AM
Here is link with some arts from our game.Also you can read in journal on that link all about game,be sure to read introduction too ...that place will be updated a lot with new pictures and informations so stay in touch..it would be best that you become a watcher.. :p
If someone wanna join and help with graphic send me message here or on deviantart or on our forum...thats all for now

The Link :

http://rotds.deviantart.com/