PDA

View Full Version : Tileset uploading troubles

spaztastick
Feb 1, 2009, 05:36 PM
Please help me! AGH I cannot for the life of me upload a tileset I made. in JCS when I click set... , In the drop down menu, it is blank. I have all my JJ2 files including JCS in one folder C:/Games/Jazz2 . I have somehow deleted the JCS help file.

What am I doing wrong??? :mad::mad: :mad:

Troglobite
Feb 1, 2009, 06:28 PM
Nothing. For some reason, some people (including me) are unable to access the help file by clicking help. Try looking in C:/Games/Jazz2/JCSHelp. You may be able to find instructions there. If not, you could also look online. J2O has some links to good JCS help sites.

Regarding the tileset, you must save a compatible picture (.bmp .anm or .pcx) in the C;/Games/Jazz2/Tiles folder in order for JCS to find it, and include it in the drop down menu.

spaztastick
Feb 1, 2009, 06:54 PM
OMG Thank you! I was using .bmt, but didnt have a tiles folder. I also dont have a JCS help folder :eek:
Ive been tearing my hair out for 2 days going through this site and others trying to find out how to upload :mad:

Once again: THANK YOU! Im soo happy!!! :D

Troglobite
Feb 2, 2009, 11:31 AM
No problem. It's always nice to see new people in the community.

spaztastick
Feb 2, 2009, 01:14 PM
One more quick question :eek:
Can I upload a pallet suite file to gimp and how? Id read the help, but it says I dont have the file!?

If not, how can I upload the file to piant shop pro? (I have versions 9 and X2) I read that you click colors then pallets, but dont know where this color menu is? and I cant use the help file in this either because it says my version was modified or something!?

Apparently my computer hates help files.....

PS I made my first tileset :D it had 11 tiles that were just yellow ramps and roads :p

PT32
Feb 2, 2009, 03:36 PM
One more quick question :eek:
Can I upload a pallet suite file to gimp and how? Id read the help, but it says I dont have the file!?

If not, how can I upload the file to piant shop pro? (I have versions 9 and X2) I read that you click colors then pallets, but dont know where this color menu is? and I cant use the help file in this either because it says my version was modified or something!?

Apparently my computer hates help files.....

PS I made my first tileset :D it had 11 tiles that were just yellow ramps and roads :p

That is a good question. I never did learn how to do that [which is too bad], which can be frustrating. Let me know when someone does figure it out!

Troglobite
Feb 2, 2009, 06:57 PM
The pallete can be accessed in GIMP through the Dialog menu at the top of the picture you're editing, under Colormap. (Not where it says pallettes) However, I personally prefer to always save in GIMP's native filetype (.xcf I think) until I want to build the tileset. Then I save it as a bitmap. Finally, I use either Tileset Pal or Pallette Suite to edit the pallette.

TilesetPal (http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=3723) is more specific, and comes with Jazz's standard pallette. It's probably better if you just want to make your pallette normal.

PalletteSuite (http://www.alister.eu/palsuite/PalSuite3.zip) is much better for editing pallettes, and version 3 can be used to edit pictures. However, it is more complex, and takes a bit longer if all you want to do make sure the sprites look normal.

spaztastick
Feb 3, 2009, 03:55 AM
Sweet thanks again! I have both those programs :D