PDA

View Full Version : Advice for this program

shan88
May 9, 2009, 10:42 PM
Yo guys I need some advice on JCS. I hate to say this, but I had JCS since the game been out in 1998 and I'm now finally know how to use it. Now I need some advice. This might be simple, but HOW CAN YOU REMOVE A SINGLE EVENT, PLATFORM, BACKGROUND, ETC. ON THE EDITOR WITHOUT DELETING THE WHOLE THING?

HorvatM
May 10, 2009, 12:14 AM
Right click on the event, choose "Select Event", go all the way to the top, and choose "None" from the list.
Hope that helps.

Xobim
May 10, 2009, 03:38 AM
Took me a while to figure that out as well...
And after selecting "None", you can use shift+e to remove multiple events.

Stijn
May 10, 2009, 03:57 AM
Basically, put your cursor on a tile with no event on it, press ctrl+e (copy event), then "paste" this on tiles with events on them (with shift+e) to remove events on that tile.

EvilMike
May 10, 2009, 08:50 AM
Yeah I suggest you get in the habit of never using right click in JCS. You can do everything with keyboard shortcuts, so going through the right click menu is a bad habit that will only slow you down.

Ragnarok!
May 10, 2009, 11:42 AM
You can place events with the keyboard?

Stijn
May 10, 2009, 11:54 AM
http://www.jazz2online.com/hosted/jcsref/node.php?node=35&mode=id&menu=topics

EvilMike
May 10, 2009, 02:18 PM
Read the JCS help file. Seriously. It will tell you so much about hotkeys and stuff. The link stijn posted also tells you everything.

Troglobite
May 10, 2009, 06:22 PM
For some people (myself included) the help file will not open by clicking help. It gives me an error stating "Could not find a WWW-browser."

I am able to open it by opening the JCS help folder and clicking on the help file there, but this is not very obvious. I went for years not knowing that I could open it, and therefore knew nothing about hotkeys, etc.

IJskonIJn
May 11, 2009, 07:25 AM
You know you can delete a single tile by placing a blue tile over it? That was 1 of the things i didn't know when i started JCS.

Stijn
May 11, 2009, 07:50 AM
Note that a quick way to select the blue (empty) tile is pressing backspace.