PDA

View Full Version : Program Testers

Violet CLM
Jul 5, 2009, 08:33 PM
Looking for a tester or two for a JCS supplement program, people who will think to try funny combinations of commands and try to break things. Be advised that there is no documentation yet, a la J1E.

HorvatM
Jul 6, 2009, 01:32 AM
A bit more detailed, please?

Violet CLM
Jul 6, 2009, 12:15 PM
<a href="http://www.tachyonlabs.com/sam/Reworder.j2l">I guess.</a> (don't save and run)

EvilMike
Jul 6, 2009, 01:53 PM
If you don't want people to launch that in JCS (which will obviously break it), you might want to change it so it shows up in home cooked levels (it's flagged not to)... it's easy enough to run with captiaincook but still.

It's an interesting use of the tile cache, in any case. It seems you found a way to make it count layer 4 before the foreground layers...

Violet CLM
Jul 6, 2009, 03:51 PM
There are people who use HCL? I think mine's been full since 2001. Well, whatever, it's a minor change, reuploaded.

TechnoPauluz
Jul 6, 2009, 10:18 PM
I am interested in testing!

I found triggers interesting a whole time and have experimented with the known info on your site :)

n0
Jul 7, 2009, 07:05 PM
I haven't fiddled with JCS in forever, this would be worth it. For references, check out my uploads on J2O, all of them are trying to break things.

Violet CLM
Jul 7, 2009, 10:17 PM
I remember Project Hog and its simplistic use of Top Secret well, no worries. :) Sounds good! I will send it to you two... I dunno, sometime tomorrow, probably.

n0
Jul 8, 2009, 06:17 PM
I feel like rubbing it in everyone's face just how awesome this toy is, but I won't. Thanks Violet, now what exactly do you want me to do with it? Play with it? Break it? Tell you what I did and how I broke it? Write documentation for it? Also, what tileset did you use for the first example level, I can't load it properly.

One thing I noticed already is that it seems to steal my cursor keys even when the window isn't active... also, being able to toggle events would be a nice feature. I know, it's an alpha program, I'm just giving suggestions....

Until you write back, I think I'll mess with... weather.

Violet CLM
Jul 8, 2009, 06:50 PM
Break it and tell me what you did, definitely. Probably in private messages, though, so as not to clutter up the forum. (Oh, and the tileset is one of the ones from Tomb Rabbit, probably Light.)

plunK
Jul 9, 2009, 02:15 PM
Ill test it if you show me how to use the secret level event properly.

I have broken and glitched several things in JCS ive never seen anyone else replicate. Like chesire cats going down.