PDA

View Full Version : Reworder

Foly
Sep 5, 2009, 08:32 AM
I saw you could use this program to enable the effect of trigger zones/crates on all layers. I downloaded it, readed the readme, used the search function here and tried to just do something. But it all didnt worked and i really dont know how i can make it work.

Can anyone tell me how to use this program?
I know that it has something to do with groups of 1x4 tiles and how they get their number.

n0
Sep 5, 2009, 11:49 AM
Try opening the included example levels in reworder and in JCS and see how they work... if that doesn't help you, I'd wait for Unknown Rabbit to post, as he really understands this whole thing.

Violet CLM
Sep 5, 2009, 12:37 PM
I've explained the concepts behind Reworder at length in <a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jcsref/node.php?node=66&mode=id">these</a> <a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jcsref/node.php?node=79&mode=id">two</a> articles, plus the detailed readme file. I don't see what I could possibly say in a single forum post to make it all suddenly clear. The GUI for Reworder should make it clear... all you need to know is that when you change any single word (be it through trigger scenery or whatever other action) all other instances of the same word (i.e. all those grid cells with the same number in the upper left corner) change in the exact same way. If you can't get that to happen, my guess is that you're saving levels in JCS and losing your changes. Alternatively, please post exactly what it is you are trying to do and what goes wrong -- the more specific you can be, the more possible it is to help you.

Foly
Sep 5, 2009, 11:38 PM
Thanks a lot for those links, it explained a lot for me. I have a block of 4 animated tiles in layer 3. I also put the same block in layer 4 with trigger scenary on it and another block in layer 4 with no trigger scenary on it.

The block with no trigger scenary in layer 4 gets nr 1 (because its the same as the block in layer 3) but the block with a trigger scenary on it gets nr 2.

What I want now is that block 1 in layer 3 animates when I use a trigger zone. So how do I do this with the reworder?

Violet CLM
Sep 6, 2009, 12:25 AM
Make them all be the same block id, rather than two different ones.

Foly
Sep 6, 2009, 12:41 AM
EDIT: I made a new huge secret, you can change the layer views with 1-8 with the reworder :D

Thanks a lot for your help.

Foly
Sep 10, 2009, 07:14 AM
In reworderex3 there is a trigger scenery placed up on a hurt event. How to do this?

Dermo
Sep 10, 2009, 06:43 PM
How would you respawn something such as a crate with an extra event? Can reworder do that? I don't understand the whole 'event theory' thing, it's all just gibberish to me.

Violet CLM
Sep 10, 2009, 08:02 PM
Foly: Look at ReworderEx3 in Reworder and notice which blocks are the same. As I said, any change that occurs on one instance of a certain block id also happens to all other instances of the same id.
Dermo: No, Reworder has nothing to do with MCEs. That article is the only article dealing directly with what you're asking about, so I recommend trying to read it again and stopping each time you get confused to consider what's being said and trying to figure out where the gap in your understanding is. If that really doesn't help, though, there are images in that article which show you exactly which events to use, where to put them, and what parameters to give to them, so it's hard to get more explicit than that.

Foly
Sep 10, 2009, 10:24 PM
Ah it works now :)
I think there went something wrong with saving and opening again. Anyway, thx again.