PDA

View Full Version : JCS Music

Sinex153
Sep 19, 2009, 08:13 AM
Can some one be so kind to tell me how to make a music file in the form that JJ2 uses when you start a level so you can actualy hear the song? Cuz I fill in the name but i don`t hear a sound when I start the lvl........

Violet CLM
Sep 19, 2009, 09:02 AM
There's the MOD2J2B program, but otherwise, you're probably just not including the file extension. JJ2 supports many music formats (.mod, .it, .xm, .s3m...) but you have to include the extension unless it's a .j2b file.

Black Ninja
Sep 19, 2009, 12:27 PM
As of JJ2+, you can also use files such as .mp3, .aif, and all those good other formats. Like UR said, the key is to include the file extension.

Dermo
Sep 19, 2009, 12:31 PM
Ever since JJM, I've been using all MP3s so they players can stream it too! That program is AWESOME :D

Download JJM and read the readme, its quite straightforward.

FawFul
Sep 20, 2009, 06:49 AM
www.jazz2online.com/jj2+

btw, it also supports mid, wav, ogg

Penalty
Sep 21, 2009, 12:28 PM
If you ask me, streaming is a waste of bandwidth.

Dermo
Sep 21, 2009, 01:36 PM
Right. So let us limit ourselves to simply .mod, .it, .xm, .s3m because you don't want to stream the music.

Dermo
Sep 22, 2009, 08:11 AM
Exactly. So only the server can hear them. Gay.

cooba
Sep 22, 2009, 08:12 AM
So only the server can hear them. Gay.Until the next update. Gay.

Stijn
Sep 22, 2009, 08:21 AM
JJ2+ is gay

BlueDragon
Sep 22, 2009, 11:34 AM
JJ2+ is gay

Thats why you should use Sfaizst's JJM :P

Stijn
Sep 22, 2009, 11:42 AM
JJM is even gayer

EvilMike
Sep 22, 2009, 01:06 PM
much like your avatar

Stijn
Sep 22, 2009, 01:16 PM
and yours

Dermo
Sep 22, 2009, 08:14 PM
Exactly. So only the server can hear them. Gay.
Until the next update. Gay.

The problem with implementing EVERYTHING into JJ2 is that you shoot down potentially good programs (like JJM) and programmers (like sfaizst). I don't think you realize that JJM has the potential to go far, but by drawing people away from it, you have just stopped the creation. And you're the one who wants to go forth and procreate?

Now I understand what Sfaizst was saying about a monopoly. Not even giving other programs a chance. People are going to give up. And when Blur leaves the community (eventually), everything's going to come to a standstill, since you have shot down every potential programmer out there. They won't want anything to do with JJ2, they would rather focus their programming to somewhere where they get recognition.

So let us worship blur as he shuts down everything. I don't like the direction this community is currently going, I'm sorry.

Black Ninja
Sep 22, 2009, 09:31 PM
I'd have to agree about streaming being a waste of bandwidth. Eventually JJ2+ may or may not support downloading of music files from the server - until then, it's not really an issue turning on iTunes / Winamp / whatever in the background.

Nothing against JJM; it's a great concept, and it's well-designed.

Troglobite
Sep 22, 2009, 10:01 PM
The problem with implementing EVERYTHING into JJ2 is that you shoot down potentially good programs (like JJM) and programmers (like sfaizst). I don't think you realize that JJM has the potential to go far, but by drawing people away from it, you have just stopped the creation. And you're the one who wants to go forth and procreate?

Now I understand what Sfaizst was saying about a monopoly. Not even giving other programs a chance. People are going to give up. And when Blur leaves the community (eventually), everything's going to come to a standstill, since you have shot down every potential programmer out there. They won't want anything to do with JJ2, they would rather focus their programming to somewhere where they get recognition.

So let us worship blur as he shuts down everything. I don't like the direction this community is currently going, I'm sorry.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you on several points.

First: The point of JJM is not to let Sfaizst learn to program. The point is to give people a cool, useful application that improves their Jazz playing experience. And it does this quite well. If people realize JJM's features are awesome and want to add them to JJ2+, so what? This will achieve the same end of improving Jazz.

Second: The idea of preventing one application from having a feature because the other already has it first is very counter productive. This would foster many new programmers possibly, but you'd just end up with a ton of random cheap add ons that each barely improve Jazz. In addition, nothing would be compatible. Some servers would run plus only, others would make JJM only levels, others still would have yet another program.

Third: JJM is being given just as good a chance as plus. There have been several different add-ons for Jazz over the years, and plus is now the predominantly used one because it is the best. If JJM becomes the best, it will be the one everyone uses. Don't expect people to start using JJM simply for the sake of diversity, because they won't. If it's truly as good as you claim, be patient and it will beat out plus eventually.

Fourth: There will always be programmers. No one's going to decide against writing something Jazz related because at one point in Jazz's long history, one new program did not instantly become more popular than the one everyone already had.

Don't get me wrong, JJM does some cool things. And I'd love to see it become popular. But much more than that, I'd like to see the Jazz community have a really nice add-on, whether the name's JJ2+, JJM, or something else entirely.

Violet CLM
Sep 22, 2009, 10:42 PM
Psst, someone fill me in on the stuff that isn't distributed publicly. What's JJM and what are its features?

EvilMike
Sep 22, 2009, 11:13 PM
http://jj2nc.bplaced.net/WebPage/JJMWebpage/JJM%20ReadMe.txt

Stijn
Sep 23, 2009, 12:01 AM
JJM is just the most underground addon around, way too hip for J2O

Dermo
Sep 23, 2009, 05:04 AM
Indeed. It allows you to stream music from the server. It also has some gamemode additions that are amazing. Unearth is always hosting music servers and it's great to listen to System of a Down while playing survivor, and have all the other clients use it too.

The next version is supposed to have video streaming capabilities in a side window. Sounds pretty cool.

Eh I'm not really going to argue any further on this. It doesn't matter, blur will do what he does, no matter what people like me have to say about it.

BlueDragon
Sep 23, 2009, 05:04 AM
JJM is just the most underground addon around, way too hip for J2O

Anyway i would like to see a new program that combines JJM and JJ2+.There could be some rely neat features in it.

Oh and this is getting a little off-topic.

Puffie40
Sep 23, 2009, 07:34 AM
why does these addon debates sound like PC vs Mac all of a sudden?

Dermo
Sep 23, 2009, 06:25 PM
Could it have to do with him not being online for such a long time?

BlueDragon
Sep 24, 2009, 06:09 AM
Could it have to do with him not being online for such a long time?

Well i do chat often whit him on MSN but JJM is not finished yet(is in beta stage).He wants to make a full version of it 1st.

And i do remember him trying to put all my ideas in :P
There are at least 4 feature ideas from me.Coop Cycling Fix and health fixer always on for example.

Unhit
Sep 24, 2009, 12:30 PM
JJM, straight from the ghettos of carrotus.

Dermo
Sep 24, 2009, 06:37 PM
Well i do chat often whit him on MSN but JJM is not finished yet(is in beta stage).He wants to make a full version of it 1st.

And i do remember him trying to put all my ideas in :P
There are at least 4 feature ideas from me.Coop Cycling Fix and health fixer always on for example.

I know all this. I know his plans for the next JJM. And yet, everybody is shooting it down when it is such an awesome program.

Black Ninja
Sep 24, 2009, 06:51 PM
JJm is indeed a good program. But it's still an external program. People just don't like having to run apps alongside their game - you could go so far as to make a simple half-a-minute-to-design script that launched the game with JJM running in the background, and people would then complain that there's still an extra app running.

Regrettably, I would agree.

Dermo
Sep 24, 2009, 07:18 PM
JJM launches the game. lol you launch JJM and it launches JJ2 with JJm running in the background. It doesn't use up another window or anything lol. And it's designed to work alongside plus. But BN is right, people would still complain about having to launch a different exe or having to redo a shortcut.

BlueDragon
Sep 25, 2009, 02:47 AM
JJM launches the game. lol you launch JJM and it launches JJ2 with JJm running in the background. It doesn't use up another window or anything lol. And it's designed to work alongside plus. But BN is right, people would still complain about having to launch a different exe or having to redo a shortcut.

lol is clicking a 2nd short cut so hard?

Oh and if yours saying that JJM be implaneted into jj2.Thats not possible.Unless you want to lose at least half of the features it offers like YouTube streaming.

Dermo
Sep 25, 2009, 10:33 AM
No. I'm AGAINST the idea of it being implemented into JJ2. That's my whole point.

Black Ninja
Sep 25, 2009, 10:50 AM
I understand and appreciate the whole "Freedom of choice" thing, Dermo, but wanting similar functionality to not be built into JJ2+ doesn't make sense. Even if JJ2+ gained an exact clone of JJM's featureset, people would still have the choice of using JJM instead. Not as many people would, though, because people are happier 99% of the time when they don't need to run an app or do anything different.

BlueDragon
Sep 25, 2009, 11:49 AM
But i do think that JJM and JJ2+ should be made into 1 program that is implanted and saperated at the same time.

Think of what all would be possible of having that kind of program.

cooba
Sep 25, 2009, 01:15 PM
Nothing, because the newest JJ2+ will allow clients to download music off the server, without streaming...

Stijn
Sep 25, 2009, 01:33 PM
But it can't use youtube videos as level music.......

cooba
Sep 25, 2009, 01:34 PM
SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Black Ninja
Sep 25, 2009, 01:41 PM
But it can't use youtube videos as level music.......

In about 3 steps, you can. And then users can download it (in the next update). :D

Disclaimer: I know the above posts (including the one I quoted) are mostly sarcastic, I just thought it was worth bringing up that YouTube videos could still easily be extracted, made into MP3 (or similar) and used in JJ2+.

Dermo
Sep 25, 2009, 09:50 PM
Yeah because people don't want a program to download and convert. That's one extra program that wouldn't want to run, BN.

Black Ninja
Sep 25, 2009, 11:33 PM
Since the only real reason to use YouTube videos as audio sources for JJ2 is an illegal reason, I think we can safely say that no one will miss the feature much anyway.

And for the record, every OS since XP and Mac OS 9 should be able to do the downloading and converting with no extra software.