PDA

View Full Version : Change Styles fix

Vulcan
Oct 15, 2009, 07:08 PM
Well,first of all,if you are new to j2o you go to where it says downloads and 2 tabs to the right u see a tab that says Other,u go to that and you will see a button that says :Change Styles: and when u click on it..it says:The Change Styles function is not working right now:so if you think they should fix it,comment yes or no on the comments.thnx bye.

Stijn
Oct 15, 2009, 11:50 PM
shut up

Dermo
Oct 16, 2009, 12:19 PM
Well,first of all,if you are new to jcf you go to where it says rules and 1 thread with a list or u receive a Banhammer,u go do bad and you will see a header that says Banned and when post...it says:You do not have the privileges to access this function:so if you think they shouldn't ban u,comment yes or no on this thread.thnx bye.

Stijn
Oct 16, 2009, 12:23 PM
Seriously though, if it says "currently disabled" chances are that it doesn't work for good reasons.

Black Ninja
Oct 16, 2009, 01:32 PM
http://www.lolcatpics.com/images/catliketyping.jpg

Also, Stijn is right. Clearly if a feature is marked as disabled, someone knowingly marked it as such.

Violet CLM
Oct 16, 2009, 02:52 PM
To be fair, nobody knew it wasn't working until cooldude himself reported it a while back, and then the only response to the report was to include that "disabled" notice. The whole situation has a disappointing lack of transparency and respect and blaming cooldude for his typing does not get the feature working again.

Stijn
Oct 16, 2009, 03:05 PM
Actually, to be fair I and others have been aware of the issues for a long time and I have discussed it openly several times in #jj2. The only response was disabling it indeed, because fixing it would be a near impossible task given the current status of J2O (namely, running on two separate, only partly compatible codebases).

Admittedly, my willingness to seriously respond to cooldude's questions drops a bit every time he sends me a PM. As he has sent me a metric ton of them in the past months, it's pretty much below zero at the moment.

Violet CLM
Oct 16, 2009, 04:08 PM
Not everyone is in #JJ2 at any given time, and neither you nor anyone else who supposedly knew about it has replied to the bug report in the almost two months since I posted it in one of the admin forums. However, thank you for providing an answer on why the feature is disabled.

cooba
Oct 17, 2009, 02:25 AM
That might be somehow related to the fact that we have bigger priorities than fixing J2O's visuals

FQuist
Oct 17, 2009, 02:30 PM
Not everyone is in #JJ2 at any given time, and neither you nor anyone else who supposedly knew about it has replied to the bug report in the almost two months since I posted it in one of the admin forums. However, thank you for providing an answer on why the feature is disabled.

I might have replied, but did not see the post as it's in a sticky'd thread that hadn't been updated since 2008 before your post. I usually gloss over those threads.

As for Cooldude, generally trying to pressure the admins into making a feature by calling for a vote just causes bad tempers, especially if, before that, you've spammed those same admins with about 800 help requests and PMs about subjects ranging from the weather (so to speak) to the 100th "can i become an admin??" request, despite their requests to stop it. I'm not saying this is any excuse for why I've not replied to his bug reports, but seeing admins are human, the way a member goes about trying to get anything done can become counterproductive. (Respect is two way. Respect for an admin's time goes a long way to furthering your cause)

(also, I'd have taken the disabled notice as a notice that the admins are aware of the problem and have made a conscious choice about what to do or not do with it)

Vulcan
Oct 17, 2009, 05:21 PM
well i think they should do something bout it but whatever........and hey if i promise not to get on this or j2o again till next Saturday..then will u fix it?
:-)
}>
:confused:
:r
:eek:
O+
:mad:
:+
:rolleyes:
:lori:
:cool:
:god:
:p
8D
:crimi:
*EVIL*
:x
:v
:rainbow:
o/)
:-#
:massiv::gabber:
:robo:
<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr align="center" valign="bottom"><td>

</td><td>

</td><td>
</td> </tr> <tr align="center" valign="bottom"> <td>:god:</td></tr></tbody></table>^D
:)
}>

Dermo
Oct 17, 2009, 09:14 PM
well i think they should do something bout it but whatever........and hey if i promise not to get on this or j2o again till next Saturday..then will u fix it?

The only response was disabling it indeed, because fixing it would be a near impossible task given the current status of J2O (namely, running on two separate, only partly compatible codebases).

<dumb@ss>

cooba
Oct 18, 2009, 01:03 AM
}>
:confused:
O+
8D
:crimi:
*EVIL*
:x
:v
:rainbow:
o/)
:-#
:massiv::gabber:
:robo:
<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr align="center" valign="bottom"><td>

</td><td>

</td><td>
</td> </tr> <tr align="center" valign="bottom"> <td>:god:</td></tr></tbody></table>^D
:)
}>
:god:now i'm convinced

Stijn
Oct 18, 2009, 05:29 AM
yes, this changes everything

Crazy Rabbit
Oct 19, 2009, 06:23 PM
OK! YES! BUT WHAT IT CHANGE?

Stijn
Oct 20, 2009, 03:10 PM
everything

Vulcan
Oct 25, 2009, 01:11 PM
im srry but wat do u mean by everything,stijn?