PDA

View Full Version : JCS Question, removing tiles

JustRob
Nov 7, 2009, 06:06 AM
Okay this is maybe a dumb question, but anyways;

I was making a small level in JCS, and I put most of my scenery on layer 4. But now I have the problem that when I put events in the map (also on layer 4), when I want to remove a tile and put something else there, the event goes away along with it. Is there a way to prevent this so I don't have to put all events there again?

Violet CLM
Nov 7, 2009, 07:01 AM
No, the idea is that the event and tile are linked, and if you're replacing the tile, then that's probably because you have a new idea for that tile and the event should go too. The best get-around is to copy the event (Ctrl+E) before changing the tile and then paste (Shift+E) it back in afterward.

JustRob
Nov 7, 2009, 07:13 AM
Alright, thanks.

One other question, how do you edit a .j2t file? Because I would like to add a tile I have to the tileset, but I don't know how.

HorvatM
Nov 7, 2009, 08:07 AM
You can't. You would need the source images and compile the tileset again.

JustRob
Nov 7, 2009, 08:13 AM
Okay, thanks

EvilMike
Nov 7, 2009, 01:19 PM
RedJazz is correct, but it's also fairly easy to rip a tileset. You can use this http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/4087/tileset-extractor/ or you can take screenshots... just make sure to compile it properly. You need the right palette. Other threads/websites can help you with all of that.