PDA

View Full Version : converting various mod formats (.669, .it, .j2b, .mod, .mtm, .s3m, .xm)

plunK
Apr 1, 2010, 07:08 PM
Yes, I know MPT converts them, so don't even bring it up, I am asking something different.

I jsut downloaded the .mod library from j2o with all 1449 songs, and i would like to have them on my iPod. I know MPT converts them, but you have to go set up every dang file. Is there any program where i can just add the folder to a list and leave it run for like 3 days and get them all converted?

Jgke
Apr 6, 2010, 03:50 AM
Yes, I use Wav MP3 converter (http://www.wav-mp3.com/) for it.

It has the handy "choose contents of the folder I say" feature. Though, the trial version only converts 30% (or was it 60%) of a file, so you must either buy a full version of it or get a full version someway other *crhm* way.

Because forum rules say no warez, I cannot help you gain this version - but it isn't quite hard to find a full version of it *crhm*.

Erik
Apr 7, 2010, 10:19 AM
use xmplay, put all tracks in a playlist, make WAV writer as your audio output thang... dont remember exactly how you should do it but I figured you could do it pretty easily that way

edit: oh, and press play ofc :D

Jgke
Apr 9, 2010, 09:27 AM
DO NOT USE .WAV. It is atleast 5 times bigger format that .mp3.

FawFul
Apr 9, 2010, 02:25 PM
DO NOT USE .WAV. It is atleast 5 times bigger format that .mp3.

Depends on too how much kb/s you convert it.

plunK
Apr 9, 2010, 04:44 PM
Downloaded XMPlay, and couldnt find the one j96 suggested. Cannot for the life of me figure out how to use XMplay XD

minmay
Apr 22, 2010, 01:18 PM
Semi-bump: XMPlay is very simple to use.

First, right-click in the center of the main XMPlay window, and click "Options and stuff." Click on "Output," then select "Encoder - LAME" from the dropdown box on top (LAME is an MP3 encoder, which is what plunK wanted).

Now click on the little + button at the bottom of the window to the right of the main window; this is the "add to playlist" button. Add all the files you want to convert. XMPlay doesn't support 669 and obviously doesn't support J2B, however. Since J2B is lossy in the first place, you should probably look for the original version of the J2B song instead of converting the file, but I digress.

Once you've added all the songs you want to convert, double-click the top one. This will start the playlist, allowing you to write all the files to MP3 fairly quickly. You'll need to click "Save" again every time, though.

The same works for WAV or OGG writing.

By the way, I wouldn't use Modplug (player or tracker) for WAV writing even if I only had a few songs. It's not a very accurate player, and the last thing you want is a big fat WAV of an incorrectly played module!

Torkell
Apr 23, 2010, 02:35 PM
Note that XMPlay doesn't come with the executables for LAME or OGGENC, so you'll need to download them. http://support.xmplay.com/file.php?count_per_page=all&cat_id=10&submit=Set has both of these.

If you're converting a lot of files, then you can tick the Auto-filename option in the Output settings to have XMPlay choose the output filename automatically without prompting.

minmay is right in that XMPlay doesn't support 669 natively, but XMPlay can use Winamp input plugins. The MikAmp plugin (available at http://support.xmplay.com/file_comment.php?id=26) supports 669 - to use it, just install it into the same place as XMPlay. You'll need to close and reopen XMPlay for it to find the plugin.

plunK
Apr 30, 2010, 04:13 PM
I noly have one .669 file. I think ill use MPT for that. Anyone got ideas for the j2b's?

Stijn
May 1, 2010, 12:57 AM
The next version of MPT supports j2b, apparently... maybe you can get a beta version from the site, or something, else you'd have to wait for the release. I wouldn't know of another way except for recording them from JJ2 with a direct audio stream capture.

FawFul
May 1, 2010, 02:50 AM
The next version of MPT supports j2b, apparently... maybe you can get a beta version from the site, or something, else you'd have to wait for the release. I wouldn't know of another way except for recording them from JJ2 with a direct audio stream capture.

I agree with what stijn said here, i didn't even know about the .j2b support MPT is going to give, but it sounds awesome. Even there is an J2B to IT convertor out there on j2o, I think it has a lot of bugs, so better not use that if you want a clear copy of the song.

I heard there are early beta's of jazz music on loricentral though, maybe those will do.

plunK
May 1, 2010, 08:35 AM
So my XMPlay is currently working on the entire Jazz2online. After removing as many dups as possible, I have:

1191 being worked on by XMPlay
180 .j2b's (have yet to remove the defaults though)
1 .669

At that point I will endeavour to listn to them ALL. Every one, start to finish no skipping, and make a comp of what imo are the best of j2o

Converting Progress: 182/1372
Listening Progress: 35/1372