PDA

View Full Version : Falling stuff.

Shelly
Apr 2, 2010, 10:08 PM
i've seen on some level falling TNT.. and someone told me theres a way to make coins fall.. Any idea how to do that?
Appriciated (oh right, the TNT exploded while it was falling)

JanusJackrabbit
Apr 3, 2010, 09:35 AM
You can move TNT using belts, but I'm not sure how you would make it fall.

Maybe you should try to find the level that had that gimmick in it?

Violet CLM
Apr 3, 2010, 10:47 AM
Coins, on the other hand, like many events, will fall if shot by you or an SCE.

Troglobite
Apr 3, 2010, 07:42 PM
If you want something to fall, then explode, I would suggest making a bomb crate with the extra event set to be TNT, then place it on a piece trigger scenery. When the trigger is switched, and the scenery tile disappears, the crate should fall and explode on impact.

CrimiClown
Apr 3, 2010, 11:12 PM
If you want something to fall, then explode, I would suggest making a bomb crate with the extra event set to be TNT, then place it on a piece trigger scenery. When the trigger is switched, and the scenery tile disappears, the crate should fall and explode on impact.

(I think) Crates only burst open when falling in Treasure mode.

Seren
Apr 3, 2010, 11:47 PM

It works in any multiplayer mode, but it doesn't in splitscreen or singleplayer.

I'm not quite sure, but I remember something about Fooruman's powerful TNT spell. Does it have something to do with this?

EvilMike
Apr 4, 2010, 07:52 PM

Crates will burst when falling in any multiplayer mode. Same with barrels.

In offline modes (including single player), they can be made to break if you manage to get them stuck inside a masked tile. The best way to do this is to get them to fall on top of a rapidly blinking tile (set it to 60 or 70 fps). This will basically ensure that it breaks the moment it hits the "floor" (which is actually only solid 50% of the time).

If it's an area the player can touch, it's a bit trickier to get away with it since you can get stuck inside it. But there are tricks involving invisible tiles and triggers.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about: http://www.sendspace.com/file/2zyw3q

Seren
Apr 5, 2010, 12:08 AM
Nice idea, it's possible to get stuck, but it's better than non-stop animated floor. Anyway, I don't think that falling and exploding crates should be used in SP (in player area). They should stay in MP, where they can fall as long as they want. Freedom for crates!

Violet CLM
Apr 5, 2010, 01:18 AM
Mike: I love the extra touch of the disappearing shadows behind the disappearing stomp blocks.

On occasion lag will make a crate pass through an animating tile like that (maybe not for trigger scenery?), but that can be solved by placing a spring underneath. Crates bounce on springs and will get destroyed by the animated tile <i>eventually</i>.

Seren
Apr 5, 2010, 02:29 AM
Mike: I love the extra touch of the disappearing shadows behind the disappearing stomp blocks.

On occasion lag will make a crate pass through an animating tile like that (maybe not for trigger scenery?), but that can be solved by placing a spring underneath. Crates bounce on springs and will get destroyed by the animated tile <i>eventually</i>.

Can lags really affect gameplay in singleplayer? I thought they can only do this online.

Jgke
Apr 8, 2010, 10:16 AM
Can lags really affect gameplay in singleplayer? I thought they can only do this online.

They do, atleast in a way. Try playing Ground Force in singleplayer.

Seren
Apr 8, 2010, 11:19 AM
They do, atleast in a way. Try playing Ground Force in singleplayer.

I know what do you mean, but I don't think the reason of that is a lag. I would rather say that the game just can't stand the number of destruct scenery, what cause both - weird problems and lags. I must try to play it in some powerful computer, so there will be no lags, and check out will the problems show up.

cooba
Apr 8, 2010, 11:33 AM
It's "lag" not "lags"

You don't have lag in singleplayer

Your computer specs don't help lag, it's the connection between you and the server

Violet was referring to lag as the game not updating fast enough and lagging behind, not the connection lagging behind

Grytolle
Apr 8, 2010, 12:07 PM
It's "lag" not "lags"You speak archaic JJ2. Nowadays it's LAGS

cooba
Apr 8, 2010, 12:21 PM
You speak archaic JJ2. Nowadays it's LAGSI blame Poland and Counter-Strike

Seren
Apr 8, 2010, 09:17 PM
I blame Poland and Counter-Strike

Hey, I'm just a kid and I learn English mainly from games (however, I never played and I don't want to play CS) and JCF and J2O. I think it's good enough, but thanks anyway, I'll try to remember your advice in the future. And I know what is lag. And I know what Violet was referring to. I just ask: can it really affect singleplayer gameplay this way?