PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Jackrabbit 3 - Recruit!

f2bnp
Jun 14, 2010, 12:05 AM
---

Stijn
Jun 14, 2010, 12:07 AM
Technically it'd be illegal to use the JJ3 demo assets I suppose, so Epic would legally be 100% justified for sending a cease and desist notice.

I doubt that will happen though, probably they won't care too much unless your mod is very high-profile or you try to make money with it.

sonicnathan 1
Jun 14, 2010, 08:33 AM
There have been many fan projects like this and all of them have fallen under the gutter. Even JJ3revived fell threw. While it would be nice, I doubt this is going to get anywhere.

Still prove me wrong. I pray you do

n00b
Jun 14, 2010, 12:22 PM
It's officialy started, Jazz Jackrabbit 3 is coming, stay tuned :D

Its OFFICIAL this time you guys!!!!

I know JJ3 is some holy grail but why cant we have a fanproject that just tries to be its own thing more often. Like call it "Jazz Jackrabbit- Super Amazing 3d Funventure" instead of "JAZZ THE JACK RABBIT THREE: THIS TIME ITS REAL"

PT32
Jun 14, 2010, 03:13 PM
I can DEFINITELY help with this! I've actually conquered 80-90% of the editor that came with JJ3 (in a month or two, NO HELP MANUAL), so I can do levels. Plus a few graphics.
I can do some pretty okay music too, so I could do that, if all else fails.
I was actually building my own JJ3d level and thought I'd never be able to show anybody, so if we are able to do it, I am totally 100% in.
Let's indeed pray this works. I want it to.

Toni
Jun 15, 2010, 08:17 AM
I think me, faw, luiggi eletricco and PT32 can make some cool music for it :).
Also I can try to make some graphics but.. I am not sure about that. I'm IN!

Toni
Jun 15, 2010, 09:58 AM
yeah, JJ2 community has 13957130958 programmers :D Sfaizst, DJazzy, blur, grytolle, NerD, Neo, Evil Mike, FQuist, DiZzy... and if some of them has time to help us with this stuff, then it will be good. :)

Treylina
Jun 15, 2010, 10:52 AM
Since I can't make 3D graphics to save my life, I might as well be the concept artist. Yeah I'll probably even re-design King Jazz, he looks boring right now. Possibly design some of the other guns too, maybe some more (minor) characters and re-design and create more baddies. I really need to post my art more often here. Well, I should really get some examples down here, my style stays *quite* close to the current one.

Toni
Jun 15, 2010, 12:40 PM
Uhm.. if someone is able to tell me what program can I use for a 3D graphics, it will be good :).. When I told "I can help with graphics" I meant in 2D.. totally forgot about 3D.

P.S. f2bnp do you have MSN?

PT32
Jun 15, 2010, 02:31 PM
...but textures and objects won't load up properly for some reason (it'll probably need some tweaking because of the differences between the Jazz 3 engine and the Unreal Engine.

Try storing your graphics in the Textures directory as Indexed .pcx files (Gimp users will understand, otherwise it probably won't matter). Then, create a new graphics "tileset" in Unreal Ed and click "Import" to load your graphics in. Then be sure to save the set in the Textures directory, so they will always be present. You can also use the export button to save Jazz3 textures.

Troglobite
Jun 15, 2010, 07:24 PM
I know a bit of Blender, so if you could use 3d models from it, or another similar free program, I could probably be of assistance.

Toni
Jun 16, 2010, 02:12 AM
Well, I'm sorry but if I don't get any program for 3D Graphics, I will not be able to make any 3D image (or animation). I already sent 9 songs to f2bnp, and I have 4 unfinished, I hope I will finish them soon.

Speeza
Jun 16, 2010, 08:22 AM
I hope this works out, best of luck guys.

PT32
Jun 16, 2010, 11:35 AM
Thank you my friend! :-)

The problem is that I will have to convert every texture seperately to pcx format. Is there any program to convert them all at once?

Gimp 2.0 is by far one of the best progs to do it. Just google it. It's pretty easy to find.

PT32
Jun 16, 2010, 12:05 PM
well, that's not what I mean, tho if it DOES work it'd be kewl...
I mean in the Unreal Ed, use the "export" button. No, not "save". "export" is the one you want. It should save in a usable format.

Toni
Jun 16, 2010, 01:26 PM
what exactly means UCC ?
I found Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) and I'm very sure it is not what you're looking for :)

FawFul
Jun 19, 2010, 02:23 PM
Hi,

i've noticed i got mentioned above, thanks a lot. though, i think i will only participate this project whenever it's going to be something. What also got mentioned above is that more of these kinds of projects have fallen. i think i only 'plan' to release it for this fanmade project if it develops something. However i think i will try out some basic stuff needed with some random looking around needed in case it turns out well.

n00b
Jun 19, 2010, 05:47 PM
Because, well I just want to continue the work on Jazz Jackrabbit 3 ? :P
Chill dude !

I wasn't being angry, but ok.

I still think calling it JJ3 is corny, and will look dumb if an actual JJ3 comes. Just call it something else, the game already had a subtitle of "Adventures of a Mean Green Hare" you could use.

PT32
Jun 22, 2010, 11:04 AM
You should call it
"The Epic Game"

Toni
Jun 22, 2010, 11:15 AM
rofl! Will we start someday or we will just wait for some people, who won't help? :)

FawFul
Jun 27, 2010, 08:01 AM
Lol. Fun, all the happiness. But you didn't come further then selecting some musicians. Even worse than the last attempt it seems.

Toni
Jun 30, 2010, 05:03 AM
yeah, and this "reborn" of JJ3D will die :D

Jgke
Aug 24, 2010, 08:50 AM
Why you didn't ask about JJ2 source and who has rights to it :(

Toni
Aug 24, 2010, 11:47 AM
I think if it is not too expensive, JJ2 community (at least players who can pay some money for it) can pay for source code :P. I want, but only if it is not too expensive (but I think it is :( )

P.S. Jake change your avatar? ;)

Jgke
Aug 24, 2010, 07:37 PM
P.S. Jake change your avatar? ;)

nah

Violet CLM
Aug 24, 2010, 07:52 PM
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxXycBv3Rlk">JJ3 should look like this.</a>

Obi1mcd
Aug 24, 2010, 09:03 PM
Agreed.

Toni
Aug 25, 2010, 12:25 AM
yes it should!

plunK
Aug 25, 2010, 06:31 PM
Bad news. I sent an email to Epic and they said that they won't allow to use any content from JJ3 as well as make anything created in Unreal Engine 1 standalone.
So, unless someone wants to start recreating everything in , say, Unreal Engine 3 using the UDK, this project's canned :(
It's too bad though because I had some really nice music pieces, ideas and people willing to help. :( Let's just hope Epic will release a new Jazz sometime.

After experimenting with various JJ3/unrealed things....your not missing alot. The JJ3 stuff is an obscurish version that some of the stuff (or most) just straight out wont work in Unreal ed anyways. Also, im sure it can still be made from scratch, dont give up.

Why you didn't ask about JJ2 source and who has rights to it :(

So Epic actually responded to you...... I'm thinking the exact same thing right now.

I think if it is not too expensive, JJ2 community (at least players who can pay some money for it) can pay for source code :P. I want, but only if it is not too expensive (but I think it is :( )

I have no idea why it would be expensive, in fact if they decided to release source code i'd think it would be on the cheaper side if not free.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxXycBv3Rlk">JJ3 should look like this.</a>

Thats amazing......If we got some skilled people id love that art style

Jgke
Aug 25, 2010, 08:57 PM
Thats amazing......If we got some skilled people id love that art style

Exept the springs.

Stijn
Aug 27, 2010, 07:35 AM
Hey guys check http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=14563

Toni
Aug 27, 2010, 08:50 AM
I saw it ;P

FQuist
Aug 29, 2010, 04:17 AM
Toni: The (JJ2/JJ3) source code doesn't seem to be related to this. f2bnp is mentioning a rights issue, not a source code issue.

SpyroTheDragon
Aug 29, 2010, 10:01 AM
2D or 2.5D. I don't think Jazz is quite ready for 3D platforming. The green color of Jazz is a curse. Spyro would've been green, but he didn't really stand out from the landscape.