PDA

View Full Version : In search of test level making experts!

Black Ninja
Sep 13, 2010, 04:22 PM
Hello, JCSers! I am in search of one or two highly talented level makers to work with me on a certain project I undertook many years ago that I have yet to finish. It is important to me that this comes out as good as it possibly can, as this is a project close to my heart. As a result, I need the volunteers to meet the following criteria:

Be willing to work on a level that was first created years ago, and is not up to current level-making standards.

Have a passion for wind-based test levels.

Be familiar with methods of telling a (simple) storyline in a level while ensuring the level doesn't 'play itself'

Be willing to get harassed by me about the project from time to time.

Finally, I do not have a set deadline for getting this finished, but ideally I'd like to get it done this year. If you feel you meet these criteria, please let me know. Of course, I reserve the right to simply say "no."

CrimiClown
Sep 14, 2010, 07:10 AM
Wind Meister XXIII?

Jgke
Sep 14, 2010, 08:28 AM
Well, I think I could handle the 'story' part. But, I don't know about the others... IF you are desperate you could PM me.

Black Ninja
Sep 14, 2010, 10:46 AM
Wind Meister XXIII?

Almost. Some of you may remember an old version of Wind Meister 4 that was circulating the web a long time ago. This level was about half-finished, and has been worked on since then. However, I realized at some point that the project was too ambitious for me to take on given how much time I had, and it was abandoned for a long time. A different version of Wind Meister 4 was released (the one with Fooruman and the hocus-themed tileset). So I guess the project I'm recruiting for is Wind Meister 5. Any takers?

Toni
Sep 14, 2010, 01:16 PM
I think I can help you. If you want, PM me, or add to MSN tropicco@live.com :p

Sean
Oct 13, 2010, 06:56 AM
I'm making a test that includes a trigger-zone puzzle, an RF Missile course, a flashing room, and other bonus ideas.