PDA

View Full Version : Getting stuck in the wall

ThunderPX
Dec 19, 2010, 12:20 PM
http://3xs.jonnys-place.com/_junk/images/screenshots/wallclimb.png

In this level I'm making, you're supposed to take one of the springs, get the items in the upwards path above it and end up on another floor on top of that. The problem is, if you lean left or right after jumping on the spring, you get stuck between the ceiling and the wall most of the time.

Is there any way to avoid that glitch without completely changing the layout?

Sean
Dec 19, 2010, 05:32 PM
http://3xs.jonnys-place.com/_junk/images/screenshots/wallclimb.png

In this level I'm making, you're supposed to take one of the springs, get the items in the upwards path above it and end up on another floor on top of that. The problem is, if you lean left or right after jumping on the spring, you get stuck between the ceiling and the wall most of the time.

Play as Spaz? Kick to the left to completely avoid the springs.

ThunderPX
Dec 19, 2010, 05:54 PM
That's the thing though--you're supposed to go up (the rooftop is made of one-way events so you can pass through.) The upside-down springs weren't there originally, actually; I put them there to try and force the player back if they were about to get stuck, but it doesn't work.

EvilMike
Dec 19, 2010, 06:38 PM
In a case like this it would be best to upload something (you can use mediafire) and let someone take a look at it. You don't need to upload the whole level. Just copy and paste the section with the problem.

Obi1mcd
Dec 19, 2010, 11:44 PM
*image*

So, am I right in assuming that the whole section of roof tiles is One Way?

Foly
Dec 20, 2010, 05:26 AM
You could use sucker tubes instead of one ways and place tiles on layer 3.

ThunderPX
Dec 20, 2010, 05:37 AM
You could use sucker tubes instead of one ways and place tiles on layer 3.

I seem to have fixed the problem with a variation on this; I had to put the roof tiles on layer 5 instead of layer 3 though, and I had to keep the top row of roof tiles on layer 4 with One Way events to keep the blue springs where they are. It seems to work now, at any rate. Thanks!