PDA

View Full Version : Simply don't works

Zerg
Dec 20, 2010, 11:31 AM
http://img822.imageshack.us/i/prwhat.png/

Some events simple don't appear(not just the springs, but stomp scenneries,...). I can't see or use some things like horizontal springs to left.
If I reinstal the game, don't happens anything.
Any idea how can I fix it?

Edit: I don't know if this has something with the JCS, but every time, when I try to play in single player, I'm kicked out from the game with Access Violation.

Obi1mcd
Dec 20, 2010, 01:35 PM
Well, for the disappearing events, you probably have too much stuff in your level. Try cutting down on the events and see if that helps.

Foly
Dec 20, 2010, 05:02 PM
Obi might be right, for the most recent information on this subject:

http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=18948

Toni
Dec 21, 2010, 06:02 AM
Access Violation.. Hmm, probably there aren't start positions for SP, only for MP ;)

ThunderPX
Dec 21, 2010, 06:16 AM
Access Violation.. Hmm, probably there aren't start positions for SP, only for MP ;)

This never gives me an access violation, it just spawns Jazz at the top-left corner (usually inside a wall.)

Jgke
Dec 21, 2010, 06:21 AM
It spawns jazz at (6, 0). Maybe you should check for flipped animations, they cause AV's.

Zerg
Dec 21, 2010, 06:45 AM
Huh... You understood other than what I wanted to say...
1)Writes out access violation every time, when I go into the game, new game, singleplayer.(when I want to get into the single player).
2)And the other problem is with the JCS, (in every level). In this level I have 154 events, from wich like 20 don't works.
3) Some events are not appearing when I press E, and enemies,Gameplay, Pickups,Improvements,(just the events, I didn't saw lost group of event)........

Jgke
Dec 21, 2010, 08:52 AM
3) Check in level properties that the level you are editing isn't set to be a multiplayer level.

Zerg
Dec 21, 2010, 10:32 AM
It's not.

Jgke
Dec 21, 2010, 11:16 AM
3) Reinstall JJ2.

minmay
Dec 21, 2010, 03:20 PM
As is mentioned in the OP, he already tried that.

Flipped animated tiles will only cause access violations if they have Trigger Scenery, Destruct Scenery, Buttstomp Scenery, or Collapse Scenery events on them.

Most (all?) events placed on the far right side of a level are ignored by the game - this is why that blue spring doesn't show up. The same applies to the bottom of the level. Just increase the level's width by 1 and add a wall there.

As for access violations, those can happen for a lot of different reasons. If you're using 1.23 to play the level and the number of animated tiles plus the number of tiles in the tileset add up to more than 1024, bad stuff will happen, potentially including access violations. In TSF, you can have up to 4096.

If you upload the level to a file hosting site and post the link here, someone can fix the level for you.

Toni
Dec 22, 2010, 05:33 AM
Most (all?) events placed on the far right side of a level are ignored by the game

The events are ignored by the game if they're on the far left side of a level, too.

Seren
Dec 22, 2010, 05:44 AM
No. Only far right and far bottom. Also, there are exceptions added by Plus (special trigger zones, pit event)

Zerg
Dec 22, 2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks :) the spring is now fixed, but what could I do with the horizontal springs?(I can use them only to the right way[when they face to right], and i think where I could do it to face to left, writes empty, and don't works if I write 1).
Somtimes the set light event don't works.

Jgke
Dec 22, 2010, 11:29 AM
There must be a block on the right side on the horizontal spring so that it faces left.