PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an event

Sean
Feb 28, 2011, 08:32 PM
I'm looking for an event that for some odd reason makes you invisible to yourself and everyone else. I don't know which one it is or why it does that, but so far no event list shows such an event.

Jgke
Feb 28, 2011, 08:44 PM
There unfortunatively isn't such an event... :(

Sean
Feb 28, 2011, 11:13 PM
Maybe not an event, but I know I've seen that effect in quite a few levels. I just don't know how to get that.

master sven
Mar 1, 2011, 01:45 AM
Try destroying a large amount of (ammo) crates.

Treylina
Mar 1, 2011, 09:06 AM
I think that happens when there's too much sprites in the screen. Tends to happen in levels like b1 and b3. Try destroying a huge amount of ammo crates in the same area, then you'll see what I mean. Or maybe I misunderstood...

Troglobite
Mar 1, 2011, 10:41 AM
You can hide a player's name by freezing them, and I've seen hide and seek levels that make use of the hourglass thing and layer 3 so a player can't be seen. But I don't know of any real consistent way to make players invisible.

Jgke
Mar 1, 2011, 10:43 AM
Ah hmm, did you mean that? It's the event 'freeze enemies'.

Sean
Mar 1, 2011, 07:20 PM
Not really, I want movement as well. I've seen it where I'm allowed to move freely without smashing crates or anything.

Jgke
Mar 1, 2011, 08:53 PM
Try looking a bit to JJM's scripts. They might do it, but I'm not sure.

Troglobite
Mar 1, 2011, 09:05 PM
Maybe not an event, but I know I've seen that effect in quite a few levels. I just don't know how to get that.

Mind if I ask which levels?

master sven
Mar 3, 2011, 01:49 AM
A very simple solution, cover the entire map with layer 3 tiles.

Sean
Mar 3, 2011, 08:06 PM
The name should disappear as well, without pressing F8.

Sean
Mar 3, 2011, 08:08 PM
Mind if I ask which levels?

I've seen it in some level using a Lego-brick tileset, and in one of EvilMike's assassination levels.

Jgke
Mar 3, 2011, 10:31 PM
Those were done with the 'freeze enemies' event.

master sven
Mar 4, 2011, 12:31 AM
Ive seen some where someone managed to get rid of the names, it were mainly hotels, can't remember who hosted it. Maybe ask NC people.

Seren
Mar 4, 2011, 06:03 AM
Ive seen some where someone managed to get rid of the names, it were mainly hotels, can't remember who hosted it. Maybe ask NC people.

<s>Don't talk to NC people, it slowly eats your brain (in most of the cases, some of them are okay).</s> Ask Artem, as it's his program, or Shaker, as it's for him. I think so at least. Also, in case of really covering a level with layer 3, remember to make use of textured foreground, it's awesome and underused.