PDA

View Full Version : Unable to shoot

Sean
Mar 21, 2011, 06:20 AM
One of those things which happens with really large levels. I can't shoot on some tiles for some reason, and also ammo doesn't spawn on some places, which I believe has a pattern: Top-left has most ammo, bottom-right has least. Also ammo crates won't spawn the 5 ammo events. Some crates are also missing. I removed tons of Carrot crate with ExtraEvent TNT and NumEvent 15 and replaced them with TNT +3 ammo, but that doesn't help a lot. If I'm not wrong, this has something to do with not enough memory in JJ2, and I need to remove events, but I've removed a lot and nothing's changed.

Jgke
Mar 21, 2011, 06:59 AM
You just need to remove even more.

Sean
Mar 21, 2011, 07:33 AM
Best advice I ever got. :roll: Seriously though, it's almost hard to strip it of more ammo.

Obi1mcd
Mar 21, 2011, 07:40 AM
Like it or not, I think Jake is right. Assuming this is the level for FireSworD's contest, and assuming it's as big as you were hinting, it's the only solution I can think of for now.

Nerd
Mar 23, 2011, 02:21 PM
As far as I know, the object limit in SP is 511. Each generator takes up two entries in the object array (one for the generator and one for the object it spawns). You can unload objects from the array by getting far enough (there's a 64*64 tile square of "active memory" surrounding the player, and any objects outside that area will be unloaded), so separating the areas from each other with thick enough walls might let you use more objects.

Sean
Mar 23, 2011, 04:20 PM
As far as I know, the object limit in SP is 511.

It's an MP level, so does that change the object limit? Also, are there actually six objects for a +15 ammo box: the box and the 5 +3 ammo objects? And double that amount for the generator?

Nerd
Mar 24, 2011, 01:01 AM
The object limit is 2559 in MP (note that level settings won't change it, so you must test it in MP in order to get the increased object limit). Barrels and crates take up only one object from the array and the extra objects are allocated when they are destroyed (they store what they must spawn and how many of them in their object data). The generator still takes up another object as normal, though.

Also, the unloading trick won't work in MP.

Sean
Mar 24, 2011, 05:24 AM
Would it be ok for you to take a look at the level and suggest a solution? I'm kind of stuck with this.

Jgke
Mar 24, 2011, 07:05 AM
I could, I have mine's layout done already ;)