PDA

View Full Version : LMAL!

Jgke
Apr 9, 2011, 12:02 PM
Let's make a level!

Everyone who wants to participate, will send me a private message. The message should link to one tileset and one gamemode. I will then make a list of the tilesets and send it back to you. After this, you vote one tileset (You can't vote the one you submitted). I will pick the gamemode that got the most suggestions. After this, I will tell you the tileset and the gamemode, and you shall suggest sizes.

After we have gone through the choosing process, I will make a start of the level, and send it through to the first one who signed up. He will edit my start and/or add new tiles (about 4-500, perhaps). The n he will send me the level, and I shall send it to the next in line. Once the cycle has completed, I shall send it to the first person in line again.

Once the level is complete, you can start suggesting music.

When the final version is uploaded, I shall publish the names of the level makers.

Okay, let's do this!
One week of participant time or 15 participants!
5/15
TIMELIMIT REACHED

E: Before someone asks, you can edit your suggestions before the player limit is reached.
E2: Thank you, participant #2. We shall discuss specific versions of a tileset on the vote phase.

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 9, 2011, 03:21 PM
Sounds fun! 15 sounds like it could get a bit hectic, though, don't you think? Oh well, I'm down either way.

Also maybe we should have a public vote here in the thread?

Just a few suggestions, if you wanna do it your way I'm still more than down. I'll PM you my votes for now.

Violet CLM
Apr 9, 2011, 03:52 PM
Fifteen is indeed a bit ambitious... I seem to recall that just with <a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/1376/virtual-headache/">six</a> coordination was already a bit difficult. Anyone who participates in this should be sure that they will have the time to dedicate, or at least be willing to pass it along to the next person in case they don't.

Sean
Apr 9, 2011, 05:08 PM
I'm in FTW.

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 9, 2011, 07:00 PM
Oh, also, should we all add segments in the order that we apply, or should we have a conversation about whether maybe some people would prefer to make segments towards the beginning while others would like to add on towards the end? Also, will this make multiple rounds through the roster of designers, or do we all only get one crack at it?

Jgke
Apr 9, 2011, 08:49 PM
It will take as many rounds as it has to. Would one day at the level making be good? If the user doesn't return it after that, I would repost the level to the next in list.

E: And we don't have to control it, everyone makes a small or big edit at the level and then it's passed to the next in line ;)

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 9, 2011, 09:05 PM
One day sounds reasonable if we're not doing anything too big at once. Also forces people to not dwell on it too much, making the process more fluid and natural from the minds of several different people which is what this is all about. I'm stoked to start this. :)

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 11, 2011, 10:37 AM
So if you don't have 15 participants by Saturday, we're starting then? :D

Jgke
Apr 11, 2011, 10:50 AM
Yeah ;)
Though, I think I will have to shuffle the order :P

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 11, 2011, 02:42 PM
Sounds good, I don't care what place I'm in. Actually, as long as I'm not first.

Zerg
Apr 12, 2011, 04:58 AM
Will this be an SP level?:)?

Jgke
Apr 12, 2011, 06:08 AM
We'll see...

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 12, 2011, 06:37 AM
(I voted for SP :) )

cooba
Apr 12, 2011, 06:47 AM
My suggestion: everyone works on a small segment at once, and then we all merge it into one cohesive level.

Jgke
Apr 12, 2011, 08:29 AM
That's exactly the opposite of what I wanted to do ;)
I wanted it to be a level where everything would be designed to fit into other pieces.
Though, by the current gamemode vote count, this might result as a straight tube with some enemies in it :(

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 12, 2011, 08:52 AM
Why do you say that? What game mode is that lol.

Zerg
Apr 12, 2011, 10:32 AM
There are minimally 2 SP votes, and I never heard of any SP levels, with tubes and enemies in it :)
But really... What game mode is that? It can't be CTF,Battle...

Edit: Probably I won't be here on the next week. Is this a problem?

Treylina
Apr 13, 2011, 11:11 AM
Now that I thought of it, are we even allowed to edit other parts of the existing level to improve it?

Violet CLM
Apr 13, 2011, 01:39 PM
I never heard of any SP levels, with tubes and enemies in it :)
?????????

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 13, 2011, 01:43 PM
Lol, pretty sure that's a joke.

But I haven't heard of any SP levels with ONLY tubes and enemies, however.

Jgke
Apr 13, 2011, 09:20 PM
Now that I thought of it, are we even allowed to edit other parts of the existing level to improve it?

Yeah, but not any major edits. Minor=taking some wall out to create a path.
Major=making the part a path.

Zerg
Apr 16, 2011, 09:19 PM
So can we start?

Jgke
Apr 16, 2011, 10:17 PM
Yes, I shall now count votes and send the tileset vote list.
Edit: Votes sent. If someone didn't get a list, please PM me.

Zerg
Apr 17, 2011, 09:33 AM
I won't be here during the next week. I'll write when I'll back :)
Edit: I got a computer, but JCS won't work here...

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 23, 2011, 01:50 PM
So what's the order gonna be?

Jgke
Apr 23, 2011, 09:56 PM
It's an order I picked up ;)

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 24, 2011, 12:50 PM
Lolwut? Well, if possible I'd like to know what days are mine so I can plan when I'm gonna be working on it.

Jgke
Apr 24, 2011, 09:34 PM
You are next in order.

Zerg
Apr 25, 2011, 01:42 AM
Who is on that list?(and in what order.?)

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 25, 2011, 06:37 AM
So I uploaded my edit and it said "upload successful," but I re-downloaded it afterwards to check and it's still the old version. Is anyone else getting my new upload?

Nerd
Apr 25, 2011, 07:02 AM
I didn't see any server-side problems. Try clearing your cache.

Jgke
Apr 25, 2011, 07:54 AM
Sean
MetalZerg
Sir Ementaler
cooba
Leus AKA Simba
FawFul

MetalZerg and SE were skipped from their own wish.

cooba
Apr 25, 2011, 08:59 AM
Good job saving the level in TSF JCS -_-

Obi1mcd
Apr 25, 2011, 09:14 AM
Erm, I wasn't actually paying attention to this thread earlier, for some reason. Is it too late for me to join in? I mean, I know the deadline has passed, but since it doesn't seem to have completed a loop yet, could I go to the end of the list?

Jgke
Apr 25, 2011, 10:11 AM
cooba: wasn't my fault (exept originally haha)
Sean
MetalZerg
Sir Ementaler
cooba
Leus AKA Simba
FawFul
Obi1mcd

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 25, 2011, 03:21 PM
Oh, sorry. What are the implications of that? Can it not be converted back?

Jgke
Apr 25, 2011, 08:26 PM
It can be, but please stick into 1.23.

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 27, 2011, 04:44 PM
I love how non-linear-seeming this is turning out; there are up to four separate paths that you can go on at this point. I'm sure they'll converge in unique ways later on, but this is really cool. I'm diggin' this project.

Seren
Apr 28, 2011, 12:01 PM
Note: the below post only contains JCS notes about the level; if you don't take a part in the project, reading it will only waste your time.

I'll start of a note for, um, Leus probably? Whoever made the first part. A Hurt event causes damage only if a player touches it from above (stands on it) or is stuck inside of it. Anyway it's useless to put it on wall/ceiling spikes, as it's going to have no effect. Use the Bees event instead (I fixed that already, because I believe it was actually meant to hurt the player, sorry for an interference though).

Another edit of the existing part I made is fixing the masking (sorry, it annoyed me as hell). However, looks like in the newest part it was done without much thought again. Hell, people check the mask before saying "my work's done, everything's okay, cool".

Let's take a step back, the Toaster PU. Still Leus I suppose? In the first version it was already possible to take with use of Bouncers, after the latest edit it's even easier, and I'm still not sure if that was even intended (and I guess not).

Not sure who added the spike-filled part below, but it's made in an annoying manner as the Hurt event is placed on slopes, so you can just run at it (and that's also where the aforementioned poor masking is). I don't care, it's not like I want to say it's bad, won't interfere with your style, but I'd recommend considering doing something with it, especially since the spikes are invisible on low detail.

The pipe part is bothering me too, but I'll ignore it, just take some notes: Lori can get through some of the pipes and, if it matters, in regular JJ2 (without +) Spaz often gets stuck in a wall at one spot next to the crate. Oh, also would be nice if you didn't use trigger 31, it's the only one that can be used by non-MCE trigger crate generators. I don't expect we're going to need to use any, but it's better to save such a possibility when it doesn't cost anything.

Also, the fact that the size is currently set to 256x64 doesn't mean that we have to stick with it. Furthermore, I'd say it even should be larger, as it's a group project, and uploading a level of the default size would be considered a total joke. This means that you don't have to save space nor add rather weird invisible sucker tubes at the bottom of the level. I don't get at all what is it for.

And the last thing, I'd be thankful if you upload levels with a version number after the filename, to keep it clean. Please. Possibly in the form of "lmal_v03" (if it's the 3rd edit), but any other way would be okay with me.

Btw, in my turn I tried to start to use the text strings section for such notes like these, but it seems that there's too much of them to fit in there, and it's not the best way of communication anyway, that's why I post here. I recommend using text strings for fun purposes then, it'll look much more professional.

Jgke
Apr 28, 2011, 12:20 PM
Se, I shall upload a quick picture of the level folder up in the server, just a moment...
E: (-) pictures. It already saves every single edit to the main level :)

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 28, 2011, 02:31 PM
I'll start of a note for, um, Leus probably? Whoever made the first part. A Hurt event causes damage only if a player touches it from above (stands on it) or is stuck inside of it. Anyway it's useless to put it on wall/ceiling spikes, as it's going to have no effect. Use the Bees event instead (I fixed that already, because I believe it was actually meant to hurt the player, sorry for an interference though).
Yeah I didn't know about that, thanks for fixing it for me.

Another edit of the existing part I made is fixing the masking (sorry, it annoyed me as hell). However, looks like in the newest part it was done without much thought again. Hell, people check the mask before saying "my work's done, everything's okay, cool".
What's wrong with the masking? Looks fine to me.

Let's take a step back, the Toaster PU. Still Leus I suppose? In the first version it was already possible to take with use of Bouncers, after the latest edit it's even easier, and I'm still not sure if that was even intended (and I guess not).
Yes it was intended to be able to be gotten with the bouncers.

Not sure who added the spike-filled part below, but it's made in an annoying manner as the Hurt event is placed on slopes, so you can just run at it (and that's also where the aforementioned poor masking is). I don't care, it's not like I want to say it's bad, won't interfere with your style, but I'd recommend considering doing something with it, especially since the spikes are invisible on low detail.
Again, I don't see what's wrong with the masking, but I didn't realize they were invisible on low-res sorry about that, I don't mind if someone does something else with it I'm not attached to that part. I just realized after the last edit with the spikey room above that I had not included enough difficulty, so I tried to kick it up a notch. Hence, if you jump too carelessly over the spikes you'll jump up through the ceiling and have to try again. But if you think there's a more efficient way to do this then feel free, or else I'll try and make it better when it's my turn again.

The pipe part is bothering me too, but I'll ignore it, just take some notes: Lori can get through some of the pipes and, if it matters, in regular JJ2 (without +) Spaz often gets stuck in a wall at one spot next to the crate. Oh, also would be nice if you didn't use trigger 31, it's the only one that can be used by non-MCE trigger crate generators. I don't expect we're going to need to use any, but it's better to save such a possibility when it doesn't cost anything.
Okay, we don't need to use trigger 31 I didn't even designate anything for it to do, I thought I'd leave that up to someone else. And the pipes are meant to be able to be gotten through at certain points (only while running as far as I can tell), so I guess if different characters have different abilities that just makes the level more interesting IMO.

Also, the fact that the size is currently set to 256x64 doesn't mean that we have to stick with it. Furthermore, I'd say it even should be larger, as it's a group project, and uploading a level of the default size would be considered a total joke. This means that you don't have to save space nor add rather weird invisible sucker tubes at the bottom of the level. I don't get at all what is it for.
Yeah, whatever, we can change the size and remove the suckers I don't care. I just thought that'd be a penalty for falling and failing to make it into the pipe area, maybe just leading you to a different section of the level.

And the last thing, I'd be thankful if you upload levels with a version number after the filename, to keep it clean. Please. Possibly in the form of "lmal_v03" (if it's the 3rd edit), but any other way would be okay with me.
Good idea.

Btw, in my turn I tried to start to use the text strings section for such notes like these, but it seems that there's too much of them to fit in there, and it's not the best way of communication anyway, that's why I post here. I recommend using text strings for fun purposes then, it'll look much more professional.
Yeah posting here is good. I tried to use the text strings to respond about the Toaster powerup too, but I guess it didn't get saved for some reason. My "WHAT HAPPENS NEXT" text strings are just intended to maybe somehow inspire the level makers for the next segment haha. :)

Thanks for the feedback, like I said I'm really enjoying this project and can't wait to see how it'll turn out.

Jgke
Apr 28, 2011, 09:29 PM
DO NOT use levelnames like lmalv3.j2l. The system automatically backups all previous versions.

Nerd
Apr 28, 2011, 10:16 PM
The system ignores the original filename.

Jgke
Apr 29, 2011, 04:19 AM
Ah, then it should be fine.

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 29, 2011, 08:30 PM
Is anybody else actually working on this? Lol.

Obi1mcd
Apr 29, 2011, 08:58 PM
I don't even know whose turn it is.

Zerg
Apr 30, 2011, 01:33 AM
I don't even know whose turn it is.

same ;)

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 30, 2011, 03:42 AM
Well he's been sending me PMs when it's my turn. So far I've done two out of the three real edits though, and my last edit was three days ago and I still see nothing new.

Zerg
May 1, 2011, 01:29 AM
So... I will come tomorow?

Jgke
May 1, 2011, 01:37 AM
Yeah, it seems like so. Sean is next, and then are you.

Sean
May 1, 2011, 03:45 AM
Yeah, about that... I'd like another day. I'm kinda tied up with real life but I can work on it tomorrow.

Zerg
May 1, 2011, 06:13 AM
So should I make this now? I have now time.

Leus AKA Simba
May 1, 2011, 07:23 AM
Cool, I like the new LMAL page updates. :)

Sean
May 1, 2011, 07:56 AM
I guess it's the next person's turn now, I finally made my first official edit to LMAL. I would like to state my outrage that my suggestion of the theme of Haunted House when I first tried to create the level but failed in uploading was not carried out by the next person in the cycle (ahem, that's you Leus).

Obi1mcd
May 1, 2011, 08:10 AM
Hm. Did it upload this time? It's still showing up with my edit as the latest...

Leus AKA Simba
May 1, 2011, 09:47 AM
What? I just built on what was already there which, when I got it, was just the place where the Jazz Start position is. I dunno what you're talking about, but sorry man.

Jgke
May 1, 2011, 10:12 AM
Uploaded and reverted layer 8. Let's see... Metalzerg, you're next.

Zerg
May 1, 2011, 11:45 AM
I forgot to make it to 1.23 what should I do?
I tried to upload the 1.23 version, but my code expired.
And...I'm done with my work, so tomorow can be someone else.
But I think SE has TSF, so after all, this isn't that big problem. :)

Leus AKA Simba
May 1, 2011, 11:57 AM
Why did you change my pipes segment? It was functional, you just have to run to get through it. I thought that was an interesting sort of puzzle/gameplay element thing, I dunno.

Zerg
May 2, 2011, 09:02 AM
because it had a few bugs, sorry if I made too big edit(I think it was some 3 tiles). If you want I'll remake it when my turn comes again...

Leus AKA Simba
May 2, 2011, 12:37 PM
Oh yeah it wasn't big it's just that the part you changed was the main point of the segment. But if it was buggy then I guess it needs to change, what was wrong with it though?

Leus AKA Simba
May 3, 2011, 06:58 AM
Cooba, don't get me wrong everything looks great but, you changed the dynamics of pretty much every segment. Am I misinterpreting something about this project?

cooba
May 3, 2011, 07:25 AM
Cooba, don't get me wrong everything looks great but, you changed the dynamics of pretty much every segment. Am I misinterpreting something about this project?I'm going to go out on a limb there and say that my changes are improvements all around. I turned the gaping hole at the beginning into some actual piece of gameplay, and gave the entire thing more flow. I haven't properly tested the part with the spikes (you can't get past without getting hurt) but I like how it's simultaneously punishment for falling from the platform and part of an alternate route. It's also easier to get into the annoying hard spike part at the top (it was ridiculous before).

Leus AKA Simba
May 3, 2011, 01:31 PM
Alright, yeah, I do like what you did. I guess I was just unclear as to the liberties we should be taking with each edit. This gives me some good inspiration actually. I'll try not to mess anything up for anyone else but there are at least a few elements I'd like to add back, while keeping with the new structure and flow of course.

Leus AKA Simba
May 3, 2011, 07:03 PM
Wait is it supposed to be my turn right now? I just realized that based on the order you gave, but I haven't gotten a code.

Leus AKA Simba
May 3, 2011, 08:47 PM
Alright well just in case today was supposed to be my turn, I worked out a little somethin' just now. If I get all day tomorrow too I'll spend more time, create a little more and do some more fine tuning, but if you want it in as soon as possible just shoot me the code and I'll upload it as soon as I wake up. G'night guys! :)

Nerd
May 4, 2011, 09:57 AM
Jake's away, so I'll be the guy in charge for about a week. Leus, I've sent you your code.

Leus AKA Simba
May 4, 2011, 10:05 AM
Cool, well I'm assuming this means I've got the rest of today so I'm gonna try a few more things and upload it this evening. :)

Leus AKA Simba
May 4, 2011, 01:00 PM
Uploaded. The concept I started in the upper left isn't really fleshed out, I went through numerous trials and couldn't really land on anything solid so I'll just leave it kind of open for now. Feel free to mess with it however you want, or if not, I'll try and improve it on my next turn.

Level's lookin' good guys. I'm stoked to play the final version. :)

Sean
May 4, 2011, 06:55 PM
Yeah, but someone just blocked up the Spaz area. I mean, come on.

FawFul
May 5, 2011, 01:26 AM
I got a code on 26 april still, I was gone and i never noticed after :D. which day am i supposed to jcs now?

Obi1mcd
May 5, 2011, 02:04 AM
Well, you're next, so you could potentially start working on it already. Nerd will probably send you a code soon.

Sean
May 5, 2011, 02:06 AM
Nerd rocks.

Nerd
May 5, 2011, 03:49 AM
The code you got back then was the previous one :p
I sent you a new one this morning.

Leus AKA Simba
May 5, 2011, 05:22 AM
Sean: The Spaz area was blocked for some reason in the version before mine, but I copied what you had done from a previous version, put it in and expanded it a bit. It shouldn't be blocked anymore in my version.

cooba
May 5, 2011, 07:21 AM
It wasn't blocked, I moved it to the back so that Spaz could have as much of an entrance as Jazz does, I think it's pretty obvious that someone else would expand it to the right?

Leus AKA Simba
May 7, 2011, 03:55 AM
:( I check the LMAL page multiple times a day interested to see the new updates and... nothin'. Where are you guys?

Nerd
May 7, 2011, 04:20 AM
I gave FawFul an extra day, but he didn't upload his edit for some reason. Obi1mcd has the turn now.

Obi1mcd
May 7, 2011, 05:55 AM
I've only added a small section, as I'm a little busy today. I'll try to put something a bit more in-depth in my next edit.
Also, I think the background needs changing. The rain/lightning effect looks alright, but since it uses 2 layers and layer 5 is being used, I think we should try something else.

Jgke
May 8, 2011, 07:38 AM
Hey, missed me? I finally got to internet that's also stable. I can't see how's the project going but I'll pinch to this thread every now and then...

Zerg
May 8, 2011, 09:04 AM
It seems my code expired...

Leus AKA Simba
May 11, 2011, 08:02 AM
We need to post up a calendar of whose turn it's gonna be when.

Obi1mcd
May 11, 2011, 08:10 AM
A calendar wouldn't be all that useful, because some people are faster than others.

Nerd
May 11, 2011, 08:23 AM
Out of the seven codes I have sent out so far only three have been used...
I've started the cycle again. Leus has the turn now.

Jgke
May 11, 2011, 09:06 AM
By the way, what is the cycle at the moment? I can start giving codes again.

Nerd
May 11, 2011, 09:18 AM
It's the same one as the one you used:

Sean
MetalZerg
Sir Ementaler
cooba
Leus AKA Simba
FawFul
Obi1mcd

I just started it from Leus myself, that's why I was talking about restarting the cycle :p

Leus AKA Simba
May 11, 2011, 09:27 PM
Things have been pretty hectic the last few days--and I didn't even get the code 'til half-way through today--so I'm uploading another rushed edit. What I did was continue expanding the Spaz start area and, if it's okay with you all, I think I'll continue working on it for the next few days while it's not my turn and paste it over the latest edit when my turn comes around again. That is assuming that nobody else wants to expand upon the Spaz start area, so let me know if you do.

Jgke
May 11, 2011, 09:49 PM
People, please test your version of the level before uploading it. I got stuck in the roll rock part and the... pipe... (The lower one) thing has a visible tilebug when played.

Leus AKA Simba
May 12, 2011, 05:58 AM
Tilebug? I did test it and I didn't notice what you're talking about, though everyone keeps saying the same thing. If you mean the part with the small opening, you have to be running and jump to get through it. If you're talking about something relating to eye candy, my slight colorblindness might have something to do with it.

The roll rock part I made my last edit, and I didn't have the time to finish it. (There isn't even a real playable path leading to it yet.) I plan on improving it in the future, or if anyone else wants to improve it feel free as well.

Jgke
May 12, 2011, 06:22 AM
Hmm, I wonder where did that tilebug go... I can't see it anymore.
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk20/Jgke/tilebug.png

Seren
May 12, 2011, 06:25 AM
Reworder, Jakey. The level was saved in JCS by Leus so it's visible, and there's nothing wrong in it as long as we remember to change it in the end. Play my version of the level (without saving it) to see the original effect, where the tilebug is invisible.

Jgke
May 12, 2011, 07:08 AM
Ah, yes. I forgot The Reworder.

Jgke
May 12, 2011, 12:04 PM
Fawful, you're going to get this level deleted from J2O :P
Obi, your turn.

FawFul
May 12, 2011, 12:17 PM
..Because I improved it?

Leus AKA Simba
May 12, 2011, 08:32 PM
Ohhh that, I thought you meant the other pipes.

Edit: I think it may have been less about the improvements and more about the giant dick....... :)

Zerg
May 15, 2011, 02:10 AM
I made 2 ways, so If you fall(from Obi's part), you have two chance to continue ;)

Leus AKA Simba
May 16, 2011, 08:21 PM
Ugh. After yet again not realizing I had a code until late in the day, I've spent the last little while toying with some concepts and testing them... Unfortunately, most did not come out how I'd hoped, and I really need to get to bed so I have a semi-decent amount of sleep for work in the morning. I didn't want to leave you guys with nothing to work with so I'm uploading what I've got. If you know how to fix or improve any of it, let me know. If you think it's a lost cause, let me know that as well. Thanks guys.

Edit: Also I don't really understand the whole spirally pipes bit, so hopefully I did it right. :)

Zerg
May 17, 2011, 05:09 AM
Uhm... A question... Why the background is changed?

Jgke
May 17, 2011, 06:30 AM
DO NOT TOUCH THE F(-) BACKGROUND.
it's so pretty now

Obi1mcd
May 17, 2011, 08:01 AM
I don't agree. The background needs major improvement, especially as it uses 2 of the available 3 layers. Perhaps we should make use of the castle tiles.

Jgke
May 17, 2011, 08:11 AM
As I said, don't touch it. I'll decide later what to do with it, so that I could match it with the level.

Obi1mcd
May 17, 2011, 09:00 AM
Match it how?

Zerg
May 17, 2011, 09:07 AM
Uhm... A question... Why the background is changed?

I mean what happened with that transulcent textured backround (what I made)from layer 6?

Jgke
May 17, 2011, 09:19 AM
Match it how?
Idk, I'll think of something.
I mean what happened with that transulcent textured backround (what I made)from layer 6?
I reverted that. See above.

Zerg
May 17, 2011, 09:26 AM
I don't know how I didn't saw it.... I have to read more carefully giantic black bold texts after this :)

Jgke
May 17, 2011, 09:34 AM
:-)

Sean
May 18, 2011, 10:12 PM
There's a bug with the swinging vine which allow you to pass through walls. I'm not sure people won't be so stupid as to press jump while IN the wall, so I added a warp in the wall.

I also added a neat little torpedo discharge/explosion animation and for an RF power-up to fall after that. I'm thinking though that an RF power up is a bit too much power for simply hitting a crate. Anyone have any other ideas for something falling out of there?

Also, is it just me or does Jazz seem a bit overpowered in this level? Also should we take into account Lori or are we ignoring her completely? <font size="0.5">I kinda wanna put her in the level.</font> The 1up barrel at 101,116 just falls through the bridge and breaks open below it, rendering it impossible to get.

Obi1mcd
May 18, 2011, 10:18 PM
For the 1up barrel, I think the player is supposed to break it quickly before it falls. I'm not sure, though.

Sean
May 19, 2011, 12:06 AM
It's still a bit unfair on the player as they watch it fall and are like "Here comes the barrel" when it just falls through the bridge and they're thinking "...what?" and it just breaks below.

Sean
May 19, 2011, 08:57 PM
Who keeps saving the level in 1.24?

Sean
May 19, 2011, 09:06 PM
triple post And Zerg why did you move the Jazz Start all the way past the level?

Zerg
May 20, 2011, 10:02 AM
I think I saved In TSF, I tought that program (J2L_Converter) worked...
Sorry, I forgot to put it back after the testing.

Leus AKA Simba
May 21, 2011, 11:16 AM
I made a warp to the left of the start and a morph to make testing easier. I just put one warp target wherever I want to go to test--as Jazz or Spaz--and left the start where it is, moving or removing the target later. I also put another warp target next to the warps so there's always at least one target.

Jgke
May 25, 2011, 08:43 AM
Erm, is there anyone anymore working? I have sent keys (in order) to everyone, but nobody made a single edit, and now SE said that he's going to take a break from JJ2...

Obi1mcd
May 25, 2011, 08:48 AM
I'm still working, it's just that I was busy yesterday, along with the fact that I'm sick at the moment.

Zerg
May 25, 2011, 10:59 AM
I started to work, but if Obi1mcd made something else, then it would be better to use it.

Obi1mcd
May 25, 2011, 11:00 PM
Sorry, I meant that I'm still interested, not that I was actually working on something.

Leus AKA Simba
May 26, 2011, 01:39 PM
I'm definitely still interested, I just never know when it's gonna be my turn and since I've been too busy to check every day this past week or so, I missed my turn.

Leus AKA Simba
Jun 8, 2011, 08:44 PM
What up? I haven't gotten a code in two weeks.

How's it goin' everyone?

Jgke
Jun 8, 2011, 10:11 PM
Since there was some kind of pause in activity, I decided to stop giving codes until we again had someones working at this. I yesterday started again.

Sean
Jun 8, 2011, 11:34 PM
Yeah, I thought the same thing too, Leus. I was actually just gonna bother Jake about it, but you were ahead of me, so thanks :p

Obi1mcd
Jun 9, 2011, 04:13 AM
Also, considering the activity levels, perhaps we should focus on linking up all the paths?

Sean
Jun 9, 2011, 06:13 PM
Then diverging them again, probably.

Zerg
Jun 13, 2011, 04:38 AM
So is anything happening now with this?

Sean
Jun 13, 2011, 08:19 PM
Not really. Jake is getting lazy. I haven't gotten a code in like forever.

Jgke
Jun 14, 2011, 01:19 AM
Sorry, I'm away at the moment, Nerd might give codes to you who recently posted here.

Sean
Jun 14, 2011, 07:44 AM
Nerd is busy.

Leus AKA Simba
Jun 26, 2011, 11:23 AM
What up?

Obi1mcd
Jun 26, 2011, 09:02 PM
Nothing.

Sean
Jun 26, 2011, 10:14 PM
Bummer, isn't it? Jake, give us some ****ing codes.

Jgke
Jun 26, 2011, 11:00 PM
Sorry, I thought that I had more time after the concentration er... CONFIRMATION camp. I'll send later this day some forward :)

Leus AKA Simba
Jul 2, 2011, 10:40 AM
Beep boop.

Jgke
Jul 2, 2011, 11:42 AM
Biip.

Sean
Jul 2, 2011, 07:25 PM
Well, this thread that started out as a project thread is now a nonsense thread, so I'll stick most of mine in here.

"Pills here!"

"Pills pills pills pills pills pills pills pills pills pills pills here." ... "First aid kit over here." "Dammit!"

"I was thinking, if I'm getting boinked in my butt, how can my mouth still be full?"

"Nonsense. The only thing you're thinking of is my nose."

Leus AKA Simba
Jul 3, 2011, 02:18 AM
That's some impressive nonsense. I'd still like to work on the level though. :p

Sean
Jul 3, 2011, 04:33 AM
It's what I excel at. But since Jake is so preoccupied with his responsiblity to his family, why don't you join the current Mafia round? It needs more people.

Obi1mcd
Jul 3, 2011, 05:24 AM
Advertising? This thread is getting even further off-topic.

Zerg
Jul 3, 2011, 06:32 AM
Here should come a spambot, and spam a bit, and then it would be perfectly off topic :)
Anyway... I want to build, but I started to get bored of layer 5 castle eyecandy making on ctf maps :(

Sean
Jul 3, 2011, 04:32 PM
Hey, Obi, we have nothing to do in conjunction with the actual LMAL project. Let's enjoy ourselves.

Leus AKA Simba
Jul 13, 2011, 02:26 AM
:( waaah

Sean
Jul 13, 2011, 08:32 PM
That's it, as host in lieu of Jake's absence, I declare the LMAL project on hold indefinitely. Please check back in about a month.

Leus AKA Simba
Jul 19, 2011, 12:46 AM
Let's start another one, lol. With a more versatile tileset. :)

Jgke
Jul 19, 2011, 08:49 AM
Don't worry, the LMAL should be back soon.

Sean
Jul 19, 2011, 05:58 PM
Anyway Leus, you also haven't replie to any of my emails about my pack.

Zerg
Jul 20, 2011, 06:53 AM
Sean is there anything, to which I havn't replied?

Sean
Jul 20, 2011, 08:39 AM
Nope.

Leus AKA Simba
Sep 9, 2011, 01:33 PM
:( :(

Sean
Sep 9, 2011, 08:50 PM
Yes, Leus. We're all disappointed.

Seren
Sep 10, 2011, 01:27 AM
The point is, Jake's done hardly anything for this project except starting it and offering hosting. Despite a single, rather minor edit, this is not his level and he has no right to stop the development. If he disagrees to keep hosting the level and giving out the codes, we have to use a publicly available hosting service and set some rules on who can edit the level. It's as simple as that.

Stijn
Sep 10, 2011, 02:54 AM
What kind of hosting do you need for a project like this? If it's easy to make I could put something up on J2O, maybe.

Nerd
Sep 10, 2011, 03:00 AM
I've replaced the code check with the uploader inputting their name, so this project won't rely on Jake handing out codes anymore. Please don't disclose the link to the site or flood the upload directory with extraneous levels.

I've also moved the upload form to the top, because the table was starting to become inconveniently large. Jake was working on a less crappy layout for the site, but I'm not sure if it's going to come out.

Seren
Sep 10, 2011, 10:26 AM
Great, thank you both, even though thanks to Nerd we won't have to use J2O for it. Now it would be useful to know who is still interested in the project. Afaik cooba decided to be out, and FawFul made only one edit so I suppose he lost interest by the moment it appeared to be an SP level (just a guess). Anyone else wants to leave or join the project?

Sean
Sep 10, 2011, 06:18 PM
I'm still here.

Obi1mcd
Sep 10, 2011, 09:21 PM
Well, I'm still interested, for the most part, but I'm going to be a little busy for the next few weeks. I'll try to contribute, but if I don't you know why.

FawFul
Sep 11, 2011, 01:23 AM
Great, thank you both, even though thanks to Nerd we won't have to use J2O for it. Now it would be useful to know who is still interested in the project. Afaik cooba decided to be out, and FawFul made only one edit so I suppose he lost interest by the moment it appeared to be an SP level (just a guess). Anyone else wants to leave or join the project?

I lost my interest when Nerd/Jake started to overreact their organising with the level codes, when the level turned out to be a-half-test level, and the overall quality of the level. Imo not many people cared about the overall atmosphere of the level but only cared to add a random new area at some place. And again, too much sticking to your own idea's, too much gimmicks and too less overall good level look. Means you can count me out. :P

Seren
Sep 11, 2011, 02:30 AM
I agree with you on that, and I'm going to be honest saying that I'll work on it just for the sake of finishing what was started. Project cancelling is depressing.

Zerg
Sep 28, 2011, 05:15 AM
ok... so......... Is anybody still interested in this?(I'm..)

Sean
Sep 28, 2011, 07:36 AM
Yeah, we can upload whenever we want now. Not codes. So just ask Nerd for the site again if you still want to help out.

Jgke
Sep 28, 2011, 09:49 AM
Certainly not around here. (http://janne.tunkki.fi)

Leus AKA Simba
Nov 29, 2011, 04:08 PM
Damn, and still no more updates. Lol. So you guys weren't fans of how the level was coming out? I thought it was pretty cool so far.

Sean
Nov 29, 2011, 05:59 PM
We can still update directly through the site, but yeah, we all kind of just lost interest in this. Maybe you'd like to take over?

Violet CLM
Nov 29, 2011, 06:47 PM
I might suggest holding off until DJazz gets the collaboration-enabled WebJCS ready for primetime. Using that should speed up your work considerably, and given your current rate of production, it's not as if you'd be making any great sacrifice by waiting.

Jgke
Nov 30, 2011, 04:56 AM
Good idea, but I would rather not install a Chrome-based browser. I have my reasons, not going to spread them here.

If it actually is good, then I might start a client at a webserver to 'host' the level so that others might join in.

djazz
Nov 30, 2011, 02:17 PM
Good idea, but I would rather not install a Chrome-based browser.

Did you try it in latest Firefox or Safari? Seems like most work, except saving. I still recommend Chrome for the performance and speed.
I have not released WebJCS with collab and FF fixes yet, but you can try it here: http://djazz.mine.nu:8010/