PDA

View Full Version : Betatesting for a new level pack

Sean
Apr 13, 2011, 02:57 AM
The title almost says it all. This pack will include one SP episode, several CTF levels, a couple battle, one Domination, one Flag run, one Jailbreak, and a new gamemode. Your job, if you apply, will be rather long. If you're interested, PM me with your email address.

Obi1mcd
Apr 13, 2011, 06:55 AM
Well, I'd be up for the SP part, but I wouldn't be able to give you any good advice on the others, save for eyecandy. Would that be alright?

Oh, and I think we need a stickied betatesters thread.

Jgke
Apr 13, 2011, 08:41 AM
Heh, that sounds like my upcoming level pack... Everything unnecessary I made in the past year in one pack :D

Nerd
Apr 13, 2011, 09:52 AM
Hey, there's no need to be mean, at least before you've seen the pack :p
[Not implying the pack would be bad ofc.]

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 13, 2011, 01:42 PM
I don't think that was meant to be mean.

BTW I'm down for testing the SP too, but I dunno if I can commit to the rest. If you host any public test games I can try and be there if I'm around, just let us know the dates.

Sean
Apr 13, 2011, 08:41 PM
Well, I'd be up for the SP part, but I wouldn't be able to give you any good advice on the others, save for eyecandy. Would that be alright?

Oh, and I think we need a stickied betatesters thread.

Thanks, plus the SP part is all that really needs serious betatesting, all the MP stuff are remakes of the SP levels.

I don't think that was meant to be mean.

BTW I'm down for testing the SP too, but I dunno if I can commit to the rest. If you host any public test games I can try and be there if I'm around, just let us know the dates.

What I said to Obi1mcd. And I also can't host a server at all here in Malaysia, no matter what connection I use. It always pings, so there won't be public test games.

Also, I think I haven't mentioned that I will be making a few custom tilesets for this pack.

Jgke
Apr 13, 2011, 09:23 PM
no matter what connection I use. It always pings

It's not the connection, it's the router... my sig *ahem*

Violet CLM
Apr 14, 2011, 12:35 AM
Yeah, that doesn't work for everyone.

Sean
Apr 14, 2011, 01:41 AM
...but enough talk of routers and connections and whatnot!

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 14, 2011, 08:07 AM
Sweet, man, you wanna post a link? Or you not done yet?

Sean
Apr 14, 2011, 05:27 PM
Nope. What's the point of betatesting? :D Speaking of which, I will need your email, Leus. I'm almost done with the first level of the pack.

CrimiClown
Apr 14, 2011, 10:23 PM
I'm up for all of it and I will host the MP levels in a passworded server for other participants.

Sean
Apr 14, 2011, 10:43 PM
I'm up for all of it and I will host the MP levels in a passworded server for other participants.

Fantastic, betatesting and hosting! I'll need your email address, Crimi.

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 15, 2011, 06:59 AM
Awesome! Let us know the time and password so we can come help. :D :D

Zerg
Apr 15, 2011, 09:52 AM
If you need more testers, I will betatesting the SP level too.

Jgke
Apr 15, 2011, 12:04 PM
I'm in for the multiplayer testing :P

Sean
Apr 15, 2011, 06:03 PM
Great, I have both your emails from before. Standby until Monday (est.) and I might need your help for the first level Jake. It includes a Rocket Turtle, your favorite! :D

Jgke
Apr 15, 2011, 10:04 PM
Instant fix #1: The level has to be restarted if the player fails even once.

Sean
Apr 16, 2011, 04:57 AM
Well, you're supposed to fail, so good thing that's not a problem :D

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 16, 2011, 12:00 PM
Wait, are we testing already? I haven't gotten an e-mail. :p

Sean
Apr 16, 2011, 04:03 PM
I'll put it this way: your job has started, but you haven't been given your first assignment yet. :p

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 16, 2011, 04:14 PM
Lol, aight.

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 23, 2011, 05:35 PM
Probably the main bug I noticed is that a lot of the time the rocket turtle just flew off the screen and disappeared. I was having the same problem with him in a level of mine actually.

Troglobite
Apr 23, 2011, 06:22 PM
Probably the main bug I noticed is that a lot of the time the rocket turtle just flew off the screen and disappeared. I was having the same problem with him in a level of mine actually.

You usually have to leave the level and start all over again any time you die to fix this. The easiest way is to use a warp with multiple targets to send the player to the start the first time, and to a box with a bonus exit the second time. The bonus level then just sends them back to the rocket turtle level.

Obi1mcd
Apr 23, 2011, 09:01 PM
Or, if you're using JJ2+, you don't even need a bonus exit.

Sean
Apr 24, 2011, 12:07 AM
Leus, would you mind if you replied in email? I check for replies there.

Zerg
Apr 24, 2011, 12:23 AM
Tomorow I'll play it, the story is good enough ;), I'll write more in e-mail.

Leus AKA Simba
Apr 24, 2011, 12:49 PM
Sure, I shall from now on.

Sean
Apr 26, 2011, 07:20 PM
Zerg, you haven't replied yet.

Zerg
Apr 28, 2011, 08:33 AM
I know, but my father set a time restriction to this computer(because my exams in June...:| ), and my computer has some serious problems. I'll write now. sorry for late.
E: I already readed it a time ago, but I'll reread it now.
E2: I replied.

Sean
Apr 28, 2011, 06:42 PM
Got your email,Zerg, thanks. I'm still waiting on you, Leus.

Oh, and the updates will slow down until I finish my music exams in June. I'll still be reading my emails, though.

Zerg
Apr 29, 2011, 10:55 AM
I sent an exemple level for that Jazz boss, abouth I talked. Now I see that it's really buggy, so now I don't think that's a really good idea for using it.
E: ops... I misunderstood you reply ;) nevermind, I think a +exemple level is never bad.