PDA

View Full Version : JCS problem

andreea[NC]
Aug 22, 2011, 01:31 AM
Hello, I haven't played for 3 months and yesterday I wanted to make a level, but the levels turned into unknown files and I must open them with a program. I browsed JCS, but it don't adds on the list, the levels can just be played, not modified. Do you know what is the problem or what to do to make JCS to appear to the programs list to chose it?

Violet CLM
Aug 22, 2011, 01:41 AM
What is your operating system?

andreea[NC]
Aug 22, 2011, 02:49 AM
windows 7 proffesional

Violet CLM
Aug 22, 2011, 03:16 AM
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/file_types_manager.html

andreea[NC]
Aug 22, 2011, 03:51 AM
I downloaded it but I don't understand how to make them with JCS

Violet CLM
Aug 22, 2011, 07:55 AM
Run the program, and scroll down the list until you find J2L. It should be at or near the top of the J section. A list of actions should appear in the bottom box, and you can edit them or add new ones by clicking judiciously with the right mouse button. Here are my settings for JCS (obviously you might have to change the filepath):

Action Name: Open
Menu Caption: Open
Command-Line: "C:\Games\Jazz2\JCS.exe" "%1"
Ifexec:
Topic: System

andreea[NC]
Aug 22, 2011, 09:27 AM
They remained the same, do I need to save something?

Obi1mcd
Aug 22, 2011, 09:47 AM
I had this problem, to an extent, when I swapped over to a Windows 7 computer from XP. I only copy-pasted the whole JJ2 folder instead of installing, so Windows didn't have the proper file associations. But after I opened one and manually selected JCS, it automatically associated them. So, when you choose to open a level, it'll open a box saying that 'Windows can't open 'blablabla.j2l'' and ask you to look up a program on the web or choose a program yourself, right? I'm pretty sure that if you browse to JCS.exe it'll automatically use that from now on. It worked for me, at least.
Also, what does it say under 'type' in Windows Explorer?

andreea[NC]
Aug 22, 2011, 10:59 AM
I try to associate them, but if I click OPEN after selected the JCS, it doesn't appear on the list from I must choose. I tried to install again jazz, but same thing.

Troglobite
Aug 22, 2011, 11:43 AM
;469806']I try to associate them, but if I click OPEN after selected the JCS, it doesn't appear on the list from I must choose. I tried to install again jazz, but same thing.

Usually, in addition to the list, there's a button that says Browse or something, which lets you look around for any other files.

Violet CLM
Aug 22, 2011, 02:47 PM
;469802']They remained the same, do I need to save something?

If you check the File menu, there is a Save Selected Items button, yes.

Sean
Aug 22, 2011, 06:14 PM
I am starting to feel ashamed for thinking about the possibility of a troll.

You should try right-clicking on the j2l file and selecting Open With... then browse to your Jazz folder and select JCS.exe

I never trusted the double click.

Jgke
Aug 22, 2011, 08:03 PM
What is your JJ2 path? I can make a quick registry fix for you.

andreea[NC]
Aug 23, 2011, 12:07 AM
Yes, I've saved it and now they are good, I can enter in them. Thank you very much.