PDA

View Full Version : I would like to join some levelgroup

DennisKainz
Sep 29, 2011, 04:04 AM
I heard of levelgroups, like xlm, ic, j2lc and other.
Now I'd like to join one. What should I do to join a levelgroup?

I recently made a Pezrock remake, in which I show how skilled I am now. If someone really likes it, he could invite me to some levelgroup, maybe.

FireSworD
Sep 29, 2011, 04:54 AM
IC is dead. J2LC hasn't released anything in ages. Oh, and you didn't mention OLC, I guess us releasing stuff lately must not have been very significant.

Obi1mcd
Sep 29, 2011, 04:58 AM
Just out of curiosity, what are the pros/cons of joining a levelmaking group?

Sean
Sep 29, 2011, 05:45 AM
If you're a member of a levelmaking group, you're probably recognized as a good level maker, so your releases will be paid more attention. The only con is that you have a reputation to live up to.

Violet CLM
Sep 29, 2011, 10:15 AM
Moreover, you are part of a level-making <em>group</em>. Such groups tend to work collaboratively on packs or individual levels, and other members are useful people to turn to for testing, suggestions, etc.

Ragnarok!
Sep 29, 2011, 12:43 PM
Heh well what I'd suggest Gus is you look into the groups and see which levels style you like the most, and then ask either on the forum or anyone you know in the group.

But to get into a levelmaking group I'm pretty sure you'd want to be making levels to show your skill more than tilesets, even though sets are much appreciated and probably yearned after. ^^

Lithium
Sep 29, 2011, 01:13 PM
There's ELC too!

Crazy Rabbit
Sep 29, 2011, 07:02 PM
Unfortunately ELC not so popular clan...
It may become very popular as XLM, but we need a lot of work to do this.
Gus, its your decision which clan you would like to join. So, I'm not saying things like: Join ELC... It's your decision.
Just be creative... Every clan needs a creative member...And a good levelmaker.

Toni_
Oct 14, 2011, 08:55 AM
Moreover, you are part of a level-making <em>group</em>.

Unfortunately ELC not so popular clan...

Is it only me who is wondering is it a clan or a group?

Obi1mcd
Oct 14, 2011, 09:23 AM
It's a group, I think. Pretty sure CR was just getting a little mixed up.

Jgke
Oct 14, 2011, 10:35 AM
Yeah, group. Clans go over here. (http://jazzjackrabbit.net/)