PDA

View Full Version : Is there a method to sorting level files by tile set or music?

KRSplat
Jan 10, 2012, 04:40 AM
And if there's not, how should I try to make one?:confused:

Stijn
Jan 10, 2012, 04:49 AM
In-game? On J2O? In JCS' "Open" dialog window?

Jgke
Jan 10, 2012, 05:13 AM
Currently, I don't know one. Study the .j2l file format (http://www.jazz2online.com/wiki/J2L+File+Format). More specifically, the data1.

Violet CLM
Jan 10, 2012, 09:18 AM
It might be kind of slow... there's a reason .j2l files store the level name in the header, and that's so Home Cooked Levels doesn't have to decompress the first data stream of every level in order to list its name. Tileset filenames are <em>not</em> however stored in the header.

Neobeo
Jan 10, 2012, 10:37 AM
Sounds like a fun hack to try and get the HCL to sort the levels by tileset, but it really depends what kind of implementation you want. It shouldn't be too difficult to create a program (in just about any language) to simply sort all levels as you want.

KRSplat
Jan 10, 2012, 08:59 PM
In-game? On J2O? In JCS' "Open" dialog window?
*at all

HCL
- ?

Jgke
Jan 10, 2012, 09:24 PM
HCL = Home Cooked Levels

KRSplat
Jan 11, 2012, 08:58 AM
Thanks

Grytolle
Jan 11, 2012, 02:24 PM
It might be kind of slow... there's a reason .j2l files store the level name in the header, and that's so Home Cooked Levels doesn't have to decompress the first data stream of every level in order to list its name. Tileset filenames are <em>not</em> however stored in the header.

Not that horribly. I did it with a php script for some stuff on Steel Duels, definitely ran in under a second